• Taming Randomness

Cringley on Steve Jobs

Robert Cringley (in an article on the announcement that Apple will be using Intel chips) suggests that Steve Jobs will be freed up to take over Disney. Somewhat funny perhaps, with Iger's current support, but still not entirely laughable. Read it yourself at:

http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20050609.html

All the best....

Redrhino

That's the story as I see it unfolding. Steve Jobs finally beats Bill Gates. And with the sale of Apple to Intel, Steve accepts the position of CEO of the Pixar/Disney/Sony Media Company.

Remember, you read it here first.
    FWIW, If Cringley was as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be as rich as Jobs. Still an interesing take. I didn't know that Sony was in the mix... I don't see them giving up their misguided walkman line of MP3 players to follow the Apple iTunes model. It would be a smart move, but it would go against everything else they've done since napster first appeared.

• Having a Grand Day!

If Steve Jobs even thinks about taking over Disney, the first thing I'll do is check the weather channel to see if indeed Hell has frozen over. He, and Apple, are the totally wrong people for Disney. (As Roy and Diane have put it, the Disney company as we know it (and it's borderline gone, but can be fixed) will only survive if it stays independent.)

• insufferable know-it-all

I think Disney acquiring Pixar and its management would actually be a smart move for Disney - Disney doesn't have to be the acquired... companies can acquire others with the intent of acquiring their management talent.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    I think Disney acquiring Pixar and its management would actually be a smart move for Disney - Disney doesn't have to be the acquired... companies can acquire others with the intent of acquiring their management talent.
    Agreed..on the other hand, It will be the immediate and painful death of anything good at Pixar.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Wannabe Aviator!

I'm still wondering if Steve has gone over to the "Dark side" with Intel or not!
    "...and you'll want to stow away cameras, purses, hats, and of course...these little
    beauties!"

• Santa Barbara, CA

I would advise you all to watch his keynote at the WWDC. It's on apple.com. I'm less concerned as it is supposed to be backwards compatible. I am sitting here with a 64 bit G5. I think the big good difference will be in faster laptops with longer battery life. The PowerPC chip just hit the wall in those areas. Watch Stevie, you'll feel less scared.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]