• * - Avoid

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Meet the Robinsons Poll and Reviews

I won't give away any of the story.

But I did enjoy it. It's definatly much better than the stuff Disney has been producing on its own as of late. The story was very detailed and unpredictable in my opinion. Once I thought I knew how it would end, BOOM, Disney pulled out another turn in the story that was unpredicted.

I loved how they paid homage to Vintage Disney. They played the classic short "Ship Builders" right before the movie and all the kids there, including myself, were laughing at the Mishaps of Donald and Goofy. Plus that is one of my favorite classic Disney shorts. It just goes to show, that kids these days do enjoy watching the Disney cartoons we grew up on. Plus I felt that Disney is starting to acknowledge us, the people who grew up with these classic cartoons. It was nice to see them back on the theatre screen.

Then there is the new Walt Disney Pictures Steam Boat Willie animated icon. I loved watching that too.

I also enjoyed how they paid homage to Walt Disney, himself, as the film ended. I like seeing Disney acknowledge him. It gave me Goosebumps.

I also enjoyed seeing Tomorrowland as "Todayland." I hope if Disney redoes Tomorrowland, they redo it according to how it looked in "Robinsons." It looked very retro and futuristic.

I also enjoyed seeing Lewis ride through the beginning of the Star Tours ride in the Time Traveling Machine towards the end of the movie. I also saw the castle on the wallpaper of the Ice Cream shop that the Bowler Hat Guy met his hat in.

It's definatly a really good movie and I think it put Disney films back on the right path.

Oh and...

"Bake those cookies, Lucielle!!!"

If you haven't seen this film, I think you should .

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Re: I just met the Robinsons! (Movie Review/No Story Spoilers)

Thanks for a really terrific review. I wasn't all that excited about seeing this movie but after hearing the good buzz, I'm really looking forward to it.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Great revue DW. I also loved this movie and think you are right in saying that it puts Disney films back on the right path.

I give this movie 4.5 Stars out of 5. Why only 4.5? Well, the early part of the middle of the movie dragged just a little. Other than that though....best Disney animated movie in a long, long time.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Hope you don't mind DW, I'm turning your thread into the Meet the Robinsons review thread.

Just saw the movie tonight and it left me in tears (I know, I know, a big strong guy like you Dusty ). I know that the movie has a few flaws, but it really touched me. Beautiful story, animation, and message. And how can you go wrong with all those gadgets and tomorrow imagery! This is a film I'll buy on video for sure.

I wish I had screen captures of the world of tomorrow. A lot of the details could end up smack dab in the middle of Disney's Tomorrowland. The Pod style People Mover is there, as are the old rocket jets. Very nice touch.

Whether you have kids or not, give yourself a treat and see Meet the Robinsons. Haven't enjoyed a film this much in a long time.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Still wants to be a cat!

Re: Meet the Robinsons Poll and Reviews

The Wolfpack enjoyed it....well not the Wolfette, she only liked the Frogs and the Dinosaur....she really only enjoys the Disney animal flicks. Tim and I thought it was well done, and will be buying the DVD when the time comes. Laughed, teared up, and was amazed at the 3-D effects.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

We loved it - and it kept the monkey mostly entertained throughout. Count us in as another group who totally loved the Mickey Short at the beginning!

(Wolfy -- what is it about our girls??? Tink said the same thing on the way home!)
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Just point out, something in the other thread, If you saw the
    3D version, there was a Chip and Dale/Donald short from 1953.
    (But a different short was shown, if you saw the 2d version.)
    It is VERY evident that the 3d in this short "Working for peanuts"
    (if my memory serves me) was filmed with the multiplane camera,
    and not nearly as sophisticated as the 3d done in "Who Framed
    Roger Rabbit"

With that said, it is so nice to see how well this 53 year
    old short played to today's audience. And even though the
    characters in the short still really appeared 2 Dimensional, their
    personalities were in vivid 3D. There is so much charm in this
    little short, that so many of today's animated characters are
    missing. Hopefully, with indications that their will be some new
    Disney Animated shorts in the future, John will make sure the
    charm come back, too!

As for Meet the Robinson's, me too! The end got to me, and
    then they had to go and put that quote of Walt's on the screen.
    What Disney nut wouldn't get glassy eyed?

As for the "human's hyperactive heavy handed hormones" of
    people in the future, I'm not so sure that were not too far
    away from that being more of a reality ~ as proof, I was
    absolutely astounded when the lights dimmed in the theater,
    to see a sea of glowing game boys and cell phone screens
    in front of me, as the previews were being shown! Today's
    society has already made "leisure time" into a "maddening
    mayhem of Multi-tasking". People are already forgetting
    how to relax! Caffeine Patch, Anyone?!?!??

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I pretty much agree with everything DW said. The only thing I didn't like was the sequence starting at the point that Lewis got lost in the garden until after the dinner scene with the meatball fight.

I don't think this has anything to do with a weakness with Disney at all. I don't even think it is a weakness at all. I was with my 8 year old son and after this sequence ended and the plot started to get more involved, I realized that this sequence was very similar in pacing and also in the gimmicks involved to his cartoons he loves to watch on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network.

While I am not used to this, he is used to these types of cartoons with off the wall stories like Spongebob Squarepants, and I think Disney is incorporating these ideas into their animation as well. Not Disney's fault at all, but simply a progression in animated storytelling.

For this, I was able to ignore it by keeping this in mind, and in general I thought it was a pretty good film.

• Hey it's that guy I am.

I was not interested in going to see this. But with all these reviews and talk of the Walt stuff, the short, and the other stuff in it, I can't hold out. I am going to go see it today. All you guys convinced me. Just one question, 3-D or 2-D?

• Circle of Ancients

^ 3D!!!!

Aladdin, I couldn't agree more about the Donald Cartoon. It was great and the way the audience was laughing with it and reacted to it was great to see.

As for the movie, we all LOVED it.

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

It was such a good Disney movie. The kids loved it, the adults loved it, Dusty and I were crying, it was fabulous!!

I highly recommend you spend the additional few dollars and see it in 3D.
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Hope you don't mind DW, I'm turning your thread into the Meet the Robinsons review thread.

Just saw the movie tonight and it left me in tears (I know, I know, a big strong guy like you Dusty ). I know that the movie has a few flaws, but it really touched me. Beautiful story, animation, and message. And how can you go wrong with all those gadgets and tomorrow imagery! This is a film I'll buy on video for sure.

I wish I had screen captures of the world of tomorrow. A lot of the details could end up smack dab in the middle of Disney's Tomorrowland. The Pod style People Mover is there, as are the old rocket jets. Very nice touch.

Whether you have kids or not, give yourself a treat and see Meet the Robinsons. Haven't enjoyed a film this much in a long time.
    I don't mind the merger Dusty . I think you can get screen shots from the IMDB.com website. They have 60 still frames from the movie up .

I was choked up too. The whole story of Lewis is really touching. It just goes on to show how important everyone is in life.

The Walt quote at the end really got me though . So with that said, I love how they played Homage to him all throughout the movie .

• Man O Lantern

I voted Good because while I enjoyed it, I thought the movie was uneven and choppy and almost bizarre in places....and long. And predictable.

I think I liked it much better than the three kids I took, ages 6, 8, 9 and 12.

I did love the wrap-up style ending. It was nice--so many movies end and you wonder what happened after the ending.

• Rally Time!

i voted just "OK". we saw it at the El Cap yesterday. the short "Working for Peanuts" was nice - it's part of a Chip and Dale DVD that we were familiar with, and looked great in 'Stereoscope'!

I liked the 3D effects, but wish there would have been a lot more frogs and Tiny. the girls enjoyed it, but i just think this movie will quickly be forgotten.
    a friend of Walt.

My husband and I just got back from seeing it in 3D. I really enjoyed the 3D and the music in the movie. I thought the storyline was ok but felt like they kept borrowing from other stories/movies I'd seen before. Nothing seemed very original to me. Of course the time travel reminded me of Back to the Future 2. The zany family reminded me of old movies like You Can't Take it With You and Arsenic and Old Lace. The villain reminded me of a dumbed down Count Olaf. We thought it might be more fun if we were to take a kid with us to see the film (I guess I can't call it film since it's digital--don't know what to call it). The 3D looked fabulous though! Some guys behind us really, really seemed to enjoy it and were laughing like crazy at Goob at the beginning. They were practically yelling, "I love that kid." You guys know I like Rufus Wainwright so his music made it for me. Plus I loved the Danny Elfman music when they first show the future. Very Nice. Overall I guess I was expecting a little better. I liked the Incredibles more so going in I thought this would be just as good I guess.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast