• Puppy Cuddles

Disney Store/The Children's Place Question

I've gone back and looked at other threads on this, but I didn't find an answer to my question. I used to think that it was so cool that I could avoid lines at the ticket counter and buy admission tix (and all my recent APs, for that matter) at the Disney Store. Does anyone know if this service is still available? I would guess that the answer is no, they don't sell the tickets, but I was just curious. I personally haven't been into a Disney Store in a while (too depressing) and haven't checked. Thanks!
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Minion

Yes they do sell tickets there along with park hoppper tickets and annual passes. They also sell Disney dollars.

• Rock Star Minion

I haven't been able to figure out what Children's Place is going to do with The Disney Stores.
    For examples:
    1. Do Disney CMs still get a discount there?
    2. Will there be limited edition special items for sale? (Figurines, cels, etc.)
    3. Will Disney have to approve of the use of its characters at these stores?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Not sure exactly how this works but The Children's Place has bought the rights to use the Disney / Pixar characters. I know that Mattel has done that as well. I am sure it is specifically written into that contract how they may or may not use the characters.

As far as I'm concerned anything the Children's Place does will be a vast improvment from the current state Disney left the stores in!!
    wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
    00 off property with future wife
    00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
    01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
    02 off property with inlaws
    03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
    06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

• Minion

In October I bought my AP at the Disney store.

• Puppy Cuddles

Thanks everyone! I was hoping I'd still be able to get Disney dollars and stuff like that there! And I agree wholeheartedly, 24/7.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Newseditor44
    Not sure exactly how this works but The Children's Place has bought the rights to use the Disney / Pixar characters. I know that Mattel has done that as well. I am sure it is specifically written into that contract how they may or may not use the characters.
    Maybe this is where Disney will actually make some profit from this poor decision.
    Nice retail lesson, though: if the attraction to your retail store is its uniqueness, don't make 2000 copies of it.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Newseditor44
    Yes they do sell tickets there along with park hoppper tickets and annual passes. They also sell Disney dollars.
    No more APs sold at stores. Maybe in CA or FL but not in most stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    I haven't been able to figure out what Children's Place is going to do with The Disney Stores.
    For examples:
    1. Do Disney CMs still get a discount there?
    2. Will there be limited edition special items for sale? (Figurines, cels, etc.)
    1. Yes with their ID and state ID - 30% on product except 10% on media.
    2. No, more gallery items. Only at WoD, DisneyDirect, and the parks.
    3. Yes. TCP has rights to all of the characters you have seen before. That is why the sale took so long to go through.

If you have more questions feel free to ask me. I am TDS CM.