• Minion

3 Disney CM's Caught in Sex Sting

3 Disney CM's Caught in Sex Sting

Orlando, FL - April 2, 2007

Three Disney Cast Members have been charged with soliciting sex with a minor from a weeklong sting operation conducted in the Orlando area. Disney released a statement today saying, "We take matters like this very seriously. The cast members have been placed on unpaid leave."

For more information on this story please read the AP at Yahoo.com
    Check out my other blog:

• Lost in Wonderland

Re: 3 Disney CM's Caught in Sex Sting

That's horrible!

•   
    • Senior Minion

You know I'm wondering why I keep hearing stories about WDW CM's being caught doing criminal acts?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    You know I'm wondering why I keep hearing stories about WDW CM's being caught doing criminal acts?
    Because, for some reason, pedophiles who work at McDonalds, 7-11 and Starbucks (or wherever they work) just aren't newsworthy.

There were 28 people nailed in the sting. THREE of them worked for Disney. I doubt WDW has a higher or lower criminal rate than any other employer. In Orlando, it just makes news.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    Because, for some reason, pedophiles who work at McDonalds, 7-11 and Starbucks (or wherever they work) just aren't newsworthy.

There were 28 people nailed in the sting. THREE of them worked for Disney. I doubt WDW has a higher or lower criminal rate than any other employer. In Orlando, it just makes news.
    Actually they are not pedophiles. Pedophile is a term over used and over hyped by the media.

In contrast to the generally accepted medical definition, the term pedophile is also used colloquially to denote significantly older adults who are sexually attracted to adolescents below the local age of consent,[1] as well as those who have sexually abused a child.......Use of the term pedophile to describe all child sexual offenders is seen as problematic by some people,[13][14][15] especially when viewed from a medical standpoint, as the majority of sex crimes against children are perpetrated by situational offenders rather than people sexually preferring prepubertal children.[16][17][18][19]
    In any case, if they worked for Disney, the media will pounce on it and publicize it because it makes for good sensationalist news.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    Actually they are not pedophiles. Pedophile is a term over used and over hyped by the media.
    In any case, if they worked for Disney, the media will pounce on it and publicize it because it makes for good sensationalist news.
    Were they ephebophiles?
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Banned User

one was a 19 year old youth counselor at the boys and girls clubs in orlando. I saw a tv news report and this guy was like, "oh well I was just going to meet her to go swimming and if something else happened it happened. " another in the sting was a middleaged father of three I can't remember where he worked. two were teachers as well as the three who worked at disney. and all are on unpaid leave.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Were they ephebophiles?
    Yes, they might have been!

In any case, I've just grown sick and tired of the media's sensationalist fascination with "child predators". The problem is, much of the public eats it up. Sometimes it seems as if it's become a national obsession and it borders on Witch Hunts. It's turned into a sexual Grand Guignol (look that up if anyone doesn't know what that was). Maybe it has it's roots with the infamous McMartin preschool case, I don't know, but I'm sick of new "Megan's Laws" and registries and "internet predators" (I'm actually sick of the word "predator") etc etc etc ad nauseum, just so politicians can get elected and "Dateline" can get it's ratings from a morbidly fascinated public.
    Last edited by NickCharles; 04-02-2007 at 07:32 PM.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

In any case, I've just grown sick and tired of the media's sensationalist fascination with "child predators". The problem is, much of the public eats it up. Sometimes it seems as if it's become a national obsession and it borders on Witch Hunts. It's turned into a sexual Grand Guignol (look that up if anyone doesn't know what that was). Maybe it has it's roots with the infamous McMartin preschool case, I don't know, but I'm sick of new "Megan's Laws" and registries and "internet predators" (I'm actually sick of the word "predator") etc etc etc ad nauseum, just so politicians can get elected and "Dateline" can get it's ratings from a morbidly fascinated public.
    How about "sick freaks that like to have sex with underage people"? Does that title work for you?
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Also, when the day comes to have children, I want to know if there is a sick freak living next door to me so Megan's Law is important to parents.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

•   
    • So fetch

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    Also, when the day comes to have children, I want to know if there is a sick freak living next door to me so Megan's Law is important to parents.

Yes!

When we started looking at houses one of the first things I did was check the Megan's Law website. It's not a witch hunt, it's protecting my child from the sick freaks that like to have sex with underage people (thanks for the new appropriate title JJ).

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LuvsLilo View Post
    Yes!

When we started looking at houses one of the first things I did was check the Megan's Law website. It's not a witch hunt, it's protecting my child from the sick freaks that like to have sex with underage people (thanks for the new appropriate title JJ).
    thank you, I think its a bit better fitting!
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post

For the record, I did not report this story to "pick on" WDW or Disney... Nor do I think the news story particularly unfair. I have no adjenda to point out the level of CM's working at WDW verses DLR... Or at Disney verses say Six Flags...

It goes to the image of Disney as a company... It needs to be trusted... And it needs to be seen as a company that can be trusted...

As I recall, Walt himself understood the media attention his themeparks would garner in the public eye. Mostly from the intrest he recieved about his studio... Such a story of this nature would be expected, and quickly responded to by the company...
    Check out my other blog:

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

In any case, I've just grown sick and tired of the media's sensationalist fascination with "child predators". The problem is, much of the public eats it up. Sometimes it seems as if it's become a national obsession and it borders on Witch Hunts.
    But then again, there were no witches. The child sex predators are real. I am among the crowd that thinks we should get medieval on those animals.
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

So, what are they then?
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring