Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wicked!

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Re: Wicked!

The best broadway musical i have seen in a long time!!!! SEE IT NOW!!!!!! RIGHT NOW!!!! UGh! Now i've got a craving to go see it again. Looking for tickets now

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    um... there are Wicked dolls as Happy Meal toys?
    Confirm or deny
    They're Wizard of Oz dolls not Wicked... I kinda want the Wicked Witch one though so I can have a mini-Elphie

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    They're Wizard of Oz dolls not Wicked... I kinda want the Wicked Witch one though so I can have a mini-Elphie
    Ahhhh... okay
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Ok... Here is my Wicked review... If you don't want to be spoiled as to aspects of the show... don't read further!!

First, I liked this a lot! I was ok with how they mashed and changed the book EXCEPT for the part about the wizard being her father - I mean, it fit in the play but I just couldn't swallow that. Also, if I hadn't read the book, I think I would have been lost in the beginning.

I loved how they into'd Fieyro and I thought overall they did a great job of showing how the characters changed. I was also amazed at how they aged the characters - hairstyles and glasses, and I really believed their ages. In fact, one of the first things I thought when I saw Glinda was, "How are they going to make her look like a school girl?" And they TOTALLY did. And, of course the COSTUMES! I spent more time looking at the townspeople's hats than at the main action!

I also enjoyed the cracking up during Popular. That must be a fun scene to do - and one of the few non-tense ones. And the scene in my avvie - This Moment it was so much better than I imagined it. It was def. my favorite scene. I loved it, just loved it. I felt it.

Megan (Glinda) - she so totally impressed me, the way that she could go from vapid to intelligent in a snap. Enjoyed her voice but you could hear every time she took a breath - pet peeve! But she was just awesome and amazing and just perfect for that part! It's a great part and she conveyed it well remaining always loyal to Elphie except the one time she acted on deep hurt....

Eden (Elphie) - very very good. Very understated. Really enjoyed her signing voice. She had the power when she needed it and went soft when that called for it. I didn't like how she played the "I feel Wicked" line though. But she was excellent.

Kris (Fiyero) - ok, even though I only know him 3rd hand, I still felt really proud! I didn't realize just how much he looked like Christan Slater! I actually thought he was weaker of them all - his voice was WONDERFUL but he needed to project. And in This Moment he totally went into Rent mode. But overall, he was very good. He really played the part well and had a great look for it.

Who else... Jenna Leigh Green did good... it was neat to see the kid from Picket Fences all grown up. Carol Kane's understudy was on for her. I didn't recognize the wizard but he got applause. The whole cast was great!

I cannot wait to see it again!!

Also, I am selling a Defy Gravity shirt - didn't realize it was the girlie cut, so it's too small See the community outpost if you're interested.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

I've seen it 3 times. Once on the original tour two years ago (with Stephanie J. Block), once in London (with Idina Menzel) and (so far!) once with the LA sit down. I love, love, love, love, love this show! Did I metion that I love it?

Elphaba wise I think that Stephanie J. Block (who the role of Elphaba was actually written for!!!) is by far the best that I have seen, then it would be Eden Espinosa and lastly Idina Menzel. I just personally was not impressed w/Idina's performance. She sounds much better on the soundtrack than she does in real life and she does haven't the stage presence that Stephanie and Eden do. Perhaps it was just not her night...

Megan Hilty was the absolute BEST as Glinda!! Even better than Kristin Chenoweth (at least from viewing clips of her, I never saw her live). She was hilarious, bouncy and a sweet dumb blonde and yet at the end Megan fully transformed from that blonde to a strong and comanding woman. She exicuted the evolution of the character of Glinda perfectly.

The others were amazing as well. I enjoyed seeing Jenna Leigh Green again as Nessarose, she was a good this time as she was two years ago. Fieryo was good, but Derrick Williams (who I saw on the first tour) was by far the best. But Carol Kane was the best Madame Morrible that I have seen.

Again, amazing production and I am glad that Wicked is here to stay for quite some time!

• MICE~CHAT Resident DJ

LOL, I just PM'ed wickeddisneygurl my experience on March 29th in Hollywood. I was able to get tickets to the March 29th show on ticketmaster. We sat all the way in Row YY, which was like second to the last row in the orchestra section. So here's what happened:
    We got to Hollywood at around 6-sh so we walked around ( it was our 9th anniversary btw) so we walked around and took pictures around town. When it was time to get to the theater we got in line and went in and took more pictures. When they opened the theater we took our seats and were amazed at how packed it was. So we watched the show and I was so surprised at how good it was. We laughed and cheered and when Eden belted out "Defying Gravity" and the place went dark, we ran out the theater THINKING IT WAS OVER!!!!! We ran to the car to beat traffic and I was on the 101 heading back home. My wife then looked up the play on her phone just to read about it and she saw that there were 2 parts!!!! So I swerved over and exited on Sunset Blvd. I was so lost!!! I then GPS'ed myway back and was able to park in the same spot in the parking lot. We ended up missing around 15 minutes of the second act and we were so glad we made it back. It was a great experience for us, the only other show we had seen was "Hairspray" in Vegas. So hopefully there will be more plays like Wicked because I have been telling everyone how great it was. I would definitely go see it again!!!!

Check out my Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/joe_e_audio

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

I LOVE wicked, but hate the wizard of oz
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Now I want to see Wicked again!! I saw it twice on Broadway, once with opening cast and once at the very end of Idina's casting. Just saw it in Jan with the touring cast and it was still amazing. I actually had great seats for that one, front row center balcony. For the first time I was able to see detail. It's such a wonderful show and I love all the "fun" moments, especially the lions and tigers and bears reference!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thrax View Post
    Haha agreed!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

Haha agreed!!
    seriously everyone seems to think that the wizard of oz is one of the all time classic great movies, i find it boring and unwatchable........HOWEVER i DO think that Wicked is the greatest play/musical EVER

also i can't remeber who said it but one poster asked about the wizard being elphaba's father in the book, he is! althought in the book they don't specifically say it. when elphaba is a baby the nanny is talking to melanie (her mother who is a total slut), and melanie mentions that she slept with a traveling sales man selling green liquid. which like in the play is why she's green. another tidpit not shown in the play is that elephaba has pointy fang like teeth.
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

Quote Originally Posted by Jedimyndtryx View Post
    LOL, I just PM'ed wickeddisneygurl my experience on March 29th in Hollywood. I was able to get tickets to the March 29th show on ticketmaster. We sat all the way in Row YY, which was like second to the last row in the orchestra section. So here's what happened:
    We got to Hollywood at around 6-sh so we walked around ( it was our 9th anniversary btw) so we walked around and took pictures around town. When it was time to get to the theater we got in line and went in and took more pictures. When they opened the theater we took our seats and were amazed at how packed it was. So we watched the show and I was so surprised at how good it was. We laughed and cheered and when Eden belted out "Defying Gravity" and the place went dark, we ran out the theater THINKING IT WAS OVER!!!!! We ran to the car to beat traffic and I was on the 101 heading back home. My wife then looked up the play on her phone just to read about it and she saw that there were 2 parts!!!! So I swerved over and exited on Sunset Blvd. I was so lost!!! I then GPS'ed myway back and was able to park in the same spot in the parking lot. We ended up missing around 15 minutes of the second act and we were so glad we made it back. It was a great experience for us, the only other show we had seen was "Hairspray" in Vegas. So hopefully there will be more plays like Wicked because I have been telling everyone how great it was. I would definitely go see it again!!!!

LOL! That is hilarious! Good thing you caught the majority of the second act. Just curious though....did you read your playbill to see the order of the show and see that "Defying Gravity" is in the middle of the play?

•   

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    Now I want to see Wicked again!! I saw it twice on Broadway, once with opening cast and once at the very end of Idina's casting. Just saw it in Jan with the touring cast and it was still amazing. I actually had great seats for that one, front row center balcony. For the first time I was able to see detail. It's such a wonderful show and I love all the "fun" moments, especially the lions and tigers and bears reference!!
    Where did you see this? Was it at the Pantages?
    I think the touring cast is who we saw but I actually liked them better!
    Well, better compared to the soundtrack at least.
    Who plays Elphaba and Glenda from the touring cast?

elphaba: enda espinoso

glinda: megan hilty

evieelizibeth, at what part did you come back into the play?

don't feel bad though i got confussed at the intermission and thought it was over, thankfully my parents told me there was more
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

Quote Originally Posted by thrax View Post
    elphaba: enda espinoso

glinda: megan hilty

evieelizibeth, at what part did you come back into the play?

don't feel bad though i got confussed at the intermission and thought it was over, thankfully my parents told me there was more
    Oh no, it wasn't me that left, it was Jedimyndtryx.

Oh and her name is actually spelled, Eden Espinosa...

• CyberneticMonkey

Talking Re: Wicked!

As a Matter of Fact, I just came back from a 10 day School Trip to England, and guess what musical we all saw there?? WICKED! We had great seats and it was surely sold out. By the way if anyone had to choose a musical and didn't know which one to choose, then Wicked would be perfect. Everyone knows the great classic story of The Wizard of Oz, and Wicked is mainly the prequel or the "before" of The Wizard of Oz.

I'd say that the best scene is when Elphaba gets lifted into the air by stage-effects while singing "Defying Gravity". AMAZING SONG! Also she had the perfect voice for the part. If only our High School can put up a show as grand and magnificent as London's WICKED, the cast of which will come to NYC this summer, to perform. Cheers to everyone and if you haven't seen Wicked take time to do so! Its an amazing Musical with plenty of great and catchy songs, and you will leave the theatre in "Awe" thinking "How in the.. Omg that was AMAZING!".

Cheers! again,

CyberneticMonkey xD xD
    x

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast