Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Wicked!

• Minion

Re: Wicked!

I now have heard almost all of the songs, but still haven't seen it. Anybody here go on the forum Witches of Oz?
    The daydream princess

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Nessarose View Post
    Hm, that's strange.

I saw it last night sitting in the Mezzanine and it wasn't hot at all. In fact, the a/c was on full blast and it was actually really chilly. I guess people complained about the heat and they did something about it?
    They must have because when we saw it, 3 days before the Grand Opening event at Pantages, the A/C was not on. A lot of people got mad because it was hot and also because they ran out of water VERY fast.

• Banned User

I saw that show in Houston and it was the first musical I've EVER seen! AND I LOVED IT!!!!! Well, I was one of the ones who read the book first and when I saw it on video I hated it because they changed the story up completely!!!! It's soo weird because me being a fan all happened by coincidence!! You see I saw the book in my school libary(with the new cover) and I just had to check it out! I then read it, and I LOVED it and was expecting the play to be like the book. Then I saw it and I was disgusted, not only is it not true to the book, but some parts don't make sense to the original Wizard of Oz(book). But now I LOVE it and it's inspired me to draw more and more!!! I'm working on a drawing called the Witches of Oz with Dorthy in the middle, Nessa and Morrible on either side and Glinda in a bubble and Elphie flying in a broom! Anyways, sorry for the really long message, but I love the book(and play) soooo much!

BTW here some audio of the Glinda I saw, who I think is the funniest and reminds me of the original Glinda from the movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-xhsNTQQyk

• Minion

Ahhh, Christina and Victoria! They are excellent. My favorites are Megan Hilty as G(a)linda, and Eden Espinosa as Elphaba.
    The daydream princess

• Banned User

^^ Yea, forgot to write her name(cause I edited it) I LOVE her!! She stole the show! I saw it on the very last row in the Gallery!(in that theater they has another level, so it was HUGE!!). Everyone looked small and some of the props that were high in the stage we couldn't see. We bpught tickets the day before for $60 each, but I say it was worth it. I'm looking for some to see ASAP for my friends! I got all my friends into Wicked! They're all reading the book as I speak!

• Minion

My obsessed friend wants me to see the musical first, then read the book.
    The daydream princess

• Banned User

^^ Yeah, I would suggest it because you would end up like me and hate it at first. If you read the book, then the play, you get distracted by how wrong they got EVERYTHING( and I seriously mean everything). I was lucky because I saw it on video a few times until i got used to it, then I saw it live.

• Googly eyed

I read the book before I saw the play. And I love both of them dearly.
    STACIE and YODA-Dland partners for life

And, I , I close my eyes
    And, I kiss that frog
    Each time finding
    The more boys I meet the more I love my dog

Who'd'ya think you're kiddin'
    He's the Earth and heaven to you

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Roxystar, I joined Witches of Oz a few days ago. I haven't had much time to check it though.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

^That's a coincidence. I'm obviously roxystar68 on there if you run into me. I've only been on it for a week and I'm addicted. There was a user on there that I messaged that loved Disney theme parks so I wondered if that was anyone on here.
    The daydream princess

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Ah, that wasn't me. I think I've only posted twice, about the Denver tour. i'm KrisCFan, something like that. I just don't have time for yet ANOTHER board! But it seems like a cool place. Im' sure i'll be back closer to the MC trip!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Wishing

I saw the pre-broadway run in San Fransisco, and saw the show four times on broadway. I've only ever seen Idina Menzel as Elphaba, but have had the chance to see two Galindas and three Fiyeros.
    My fav. Galinda was Jennifer Laura Thompson and Norbert Leo Butz as my fav. Fiyero
    I saw the musical before reading the book, but I know a lot of people who read the book first. I had hoped the book to be like the musical, but I wasn't disapapointed in either.
    I'm going to see the show in LA with the Mice Chat group. It will be my first time to see it in over over a year. I'm really excited to see this cast.

• Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    They must have because when we saw it, 3 days before the Grand Opening event at Pantages, the A/C was not on. A lot of people got mad because it was hot and also because they ran out of water VERY fast.
    I saw it last week and I was pleasantly surprised at the way they kept the theatre cool. It made the experience more enjoyable. Of course, the play is so good, it would be worth it. However, I do remember how hot it was when I saw it in San Francisco. I like this cast better as well.

• A New Kind Of Villain

I'm ecstatic! I've been dying to see this for years and finally a co-worker and I got tickets to see it at the Pantages on wednesday night, May 2nd!

Even better, we're in Orchestra Row C, Seats 203 and 204!

Third row, just right of center stage!!!

Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345