Article from Reuters - July 10, 2005
Outgoing Disney CEO Eisner sees future in showbiz

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Michael Eisner is busy promoting his new book at the moment but is determined to find a new job in show business once his 20-year reign as chief executive of the Walt Disney Co. ends in September.

"I didn't pass medical school, and I'm not good at organic chemistry," he told New York Post columnist Cindy Adams in an interview published on Friday. "So it will have to be some other entertainment-related company -- TV, movies, Internet, Broadway. I just don't know yet."

Following a lengthy struggle with dissident shareholders who sought his ouster for more than a year, Eisner, 63, will be replaced as chief executive officer by his top lieutenant, Bob Iger, on Sept. 30.
"The company was floating. Decisions had to be made," he said. "I know I'm perceived as a guy who's tough, but, given authority, you either take it or not."

A former NBC page who worked his way up the corporate ladder, Eisner said everything he learned about leadership and teamwork came from his boyhood experiences at summer camp, the subject of his newly published memoir, "Camp."