Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Ben

Re: Frightening New Statistics For Roller-Coaster Lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    I love Goliath. It's not scary, it's just fun. However, it is a beast. That helix at the end, I'm sure where I heard it from but the G-Forces there go above 4+ Gs, that's rough stuff- it causes me to start to black out. It feels awesome, but I can really see that if someone had a medical problem, it would wreck them.
    I blacked out on Goliath a few years ago. Now I can hardly ride any coaster without feeling like it will happen again. Things even start to get a little dim for me on CA Screamin.

Not that it stops me from riding it over and over again.

• Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    -Two, I guarantee that most of these situations are "grey outs." Whats the difference? During a black out you lose consciousness, a grey out you only lose your eyesight (starting from the periphery and going inward.) Grey outs are caused by dehyrdation + heat + g forces, plain and simple, having experienced a few myself when I was stupider I drink plenty of fluids when Im in a park on a hot day. Since I made that change I havent experienced any (even though Ive been in parks when the temps are close to 100.)

At the interest of full disclosure, I will admit that Im a coaster enthusiast and have never ridden Goliath, so that does make me a biased source. However, just wanted everyone to know that this story is based on information from another biased source.
    I guess I had a grey out then. I remember going into the misty cave and coming back out. The rest of the ride was dark for me, but I was still concious (and scared, as that's the first time it had happened to me).

But trust me, I know the importance of keeping hydrated, as well as the way it feels when I'm not well hydrated. This was different.

Like I said earlier too... the other thing that's strange about this is that I don't have a history of 'greying out'... and since then even some of the tamest coasters cause this same sort of reaction in me, wheras before I could ride just about anything.

• Off to Neverland

I went there last year cuz I had free tickets...
    I went on 4 rides and I swear I got whiplash...I felt soooo sick! After Riddler I was done!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123