• Minion

Christmas Story Director Dies

ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Re: Christmas Story Director Dies

I heard a teaser about this on a news break but they didn't say who it was. That is so sad. Why is it that drunk drivers who kill innocent people usually end up with only minor injuries. Also sad that Bob Clark's 22 year old son was also killed.

Reckless and stupid person with a license to operate a motor vehicle, goes out and gets blotto and climbs into his Sherman Tank and drives off to kill some innocents and walks away with minor injuries.

When this person gets out of jail...I hope they never see another cent of their future income as long as they live.

Not that that would ease the grief of the family and friends of the victims of this senseless "accident."

Drunk drivers should have their licenses suspended, forever. They take way to many innocent people's lives, maybe if a law like that went into effect they wouldn't be so stupid.

Well, forget what I said above. The latest report states the following:

"The initial investigation has concluded that Nava was driving without a license northbound in the southbound lanes while under the influence of an alcoholic beverage,"

So the guy didn't even have a license!!!

• She was sweet as a peach

That is so sad.

I have heard theories why (and mybe I am totally off) but it sees that in cases like these, the victims die and the drunkards survive. It doesn't seem right.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

"A Christmas Story" director killed in car crash.

I did not see this posted elsewhere. "A Christmas Story" director, Bob Clark, was recently killed in a car crash in Los Angeles due to a head on collision with a drunk driver. His 22 year old son was also killed.

FROM: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/national/BO48025/
    (Click link to read whole article)

LOS ANGELES -- Film director Robert Clark, best known for the holiday classic "A Christmas Story," was killed with his son Wednesday in a head-on crash with a vehicle steered into the wrong lane by a drunken driver, police and the filmmaker's assistant said.
    Clark, 67, and son Ariel Hanrath-Clark, 22, were killed in the accident in Pacific Palisades, said Lyne Leavy, Clark's personal assistant.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    Well, forget what I said above. The latest report states the following:

"The initial investigation has concluded that Nava was driving without a license northbound in the southbound lanes while under the influence of an alcoholic beverage,"

So the guy didn't even have a license!!!
    The guy was also an illegal immigrant. I don't know what happens now, but I heard tidbits about when such a thing happens, the police are pushing for instant deportation without trial.

• Still lost in Neverland

The reason the drunk doesn't get killed, and sometimes walks away, is that when that drunk, the body just becomes so limber that it just bounces around and nothing but a few bruises happen.

If the person driving is (a) Drunk or on drugs, and (b) driving without a license, and (c) and illegal immigrant, then, when taken into custody they should just be deported right away. We should not have to pay for their medical bills, or jail time, or public defender. They should just be deported as soon as possible. It's too bad but they brought this all on themselves. The drank themselves into oblivion, got behind the wheel of a deadly weapon without a license to use said weapon, and broke the law in the first place by sneaking into our country. Too bad if they have family here. In fact the whole family should be kicked out with them. And the sooner they get ride of this stupid law that says if a pregnant illegal gives birth in this country, the infant becomes a US Citizen the better. Dumbest law ever written.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Queen of Sarcasm

Take him back to Mexico and let him serve the time over there. Mexican prisions are way worse than anything we have over here. Our prision system is like a vacation for them.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    The guy was also an illegal immigrant. I don't know what happens now, but I heard tidbits about when such a thing happens, the police are pushing for instant deportation without trial.
    I bet Bill O'Reilly will be reporting this story since he always go after illegal alien drunk drivers.

But, I am very sad for the family .