View Poll Results: Jump in - What's your grade?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

0 0%
  • B

1 50.00%
  • C

1 50.00%
  • D

0 0%
  • F

0 0%

•   
    • Minion

Review: Jump In: Disney Channel Original Movie

Review: Jump In: Disney Channel Original Movie

Plot Summery: Young Talented Inner City Boxer, “Izzy,” comes of age after discovering competitive Double Dutch.

The Good: Movie runs the gambit with typical "hot button" themes typical for the genra using exposition without beating you over the head highlighting each issue. Great performance from Corbin Bleu (also featured in High School Musical) as the character Izzy - hope to see more of him.

The Bad: Typical Disney Plot device: Lead character doesn’t have a mother… Could this signify that he lost his moral rudder, and has to find his way himself because he has problems relating to his father? Been there, done that. Also the climax is a bit thick and extra sappy, but you expect that from a Disney Channel "afterschool special" type movie...

Best Special Feature: Learning the movies: A Double Dutch instructor shows you the moves with the cast. Cool.

The Bottom Line: Not a bad film, but typical “made for Disney Channel” feel good film of the “after school variety.” Lots of heart, but no brain…

My rating: C (A little too much cheese for my taste, but mostly harmless.)
    Mild Violence (Boxing Sequences)
    Age 10 (maybe 12) - 16
    Would appeal to both male and female teenagers.

Give us your take!
    Last edited by cellarhound; 04-05-2007 at 08:07 AM.
    Check out my other blog:

• I was deleted.

Re: Review: Jump In: Disney Channel Original Movie

I've seen kids that are interested in this film that are as young as 7 or 8 so maybe it's more of the extended tween audience like High School Musical got. With HSM star, Corbin in this film and the music it helps the popularity with tweens.

•   
    • Minion

Re: Review: Jump In: Disney Channel Original Movie

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    I've seen kids that are interested in this film that are as young as 7 or 8 so maybe it's more of the extended tween audience like High School Musical got. With HSM star, Corbin in this film and the music it helps the popularity with tweens.
    It really depends on the kid really... Corbin I just think that Corbin's age (and the age of some of the older characters), and some of the themes wouldn't be all that appealing to 7-8 year olds... the last thing you want is 7-8 year olds thinking "competitive boxing" in school yards is cool - picking fights with school bullys because Izzy did it in the ring... I figgure by 12 they could figgure that out on their own.

Older than 16 and they will come at all you, parents, with a stick if you give em this movie... Too much cheese is the elder teenager's nightmare - they may find it too "preachy..."
    Last edited by cellarhound; 04-05-2007 at 09:53 AM.
    Check out my other blog: