View Poll Results: Did you watch Meet the Robinsons in Disney Digital 3-D or in its standard version

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disney Digital 3-D

49 68.06%
  • Standard Version

12 16.67%
  • I have yet to watch Meet the Robinsons

11 15.28%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• jonyyeh

Did you watch Meet the Robinsons in Disney Digital 3-D or in the standard version?

I just watched Meet the Robinsons in Disney Digital 3-D, and it was great. The picture had depth unlike any other movie shown in its standard version.

However, midway through the showing, the colors were wrong, and was red on the left half of the picture. The film had to be stopped so that they could fix it. Despite the glitch, the movie looked great in 3-D.

Please vote in the poll. Did you watch Meet the Robinsons in 3-D or its standard version?

• Minion

Re: Did you watch Meet the Robinsons in Disney Digital 3-D or in the standard version

I've seen it twice in 2-D with full intention to see the 3-D version.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

Re: Did you watch Meet the Robinsons in Disney Digital 3-D or in the standard version

Being truthful I wouldn't have seen it if it wasn't in 3-D. The 3-D Donald/ Chip and Dale short and even the 3-D Nightmare Before Christmas preview was icing on the cake. I will definately take in any other Disney RealD film that comes to town. It was real fun.

• jonyyeh

Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlaster View Post
    Being truthful I wouldn't have seen it if it wasn't in 3-D. The 3-D Donald/ Chip and Dale short and even the 3-D Nightmare Before Christmas preview was icing on the cake. I will definately take in any other Disney RealD film that comes to town. It was real fun.

I agree 100%. If the next Disney film is in 3-D, I will definitely try to see it. Although what also made me see it was the fact this was the first time WDFA was branded as Walt Disney Animation Studios and the film's link to Walt Disney with the quote "Keep Moving Forward".

I just hope that the theaters know how to make the film run as smoothly as possible.

While I normally wait for movies to come to DVD and only watch the special ones in theaters, I think now 3-D projection will be one of the reasons I watch a movie in theaters.

• ...TWO BITS!

Watched the standard version. May watch it again in 3D. I just realized awhile ago the return of 3D to movie theaters may have been sparked by movie piracy. Thinking back, 3D was partly created to combat TV. Now it's combating piracy...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• I am number 4 of 999

I saw the regular version. The Robinson's 3D version didn't seem to be as hyped up as Nightmare 3D was. I'm sure it was probably playing at the same theater we saw Nightmare 3D in, I just didn't feel like driving an hour to get there, just in case the movie sucked. I knew what I was getting when I went to see Nightmare 3D.

3-D all the way! It was the most amazing cinema experience I've ever had! It felt like you could just reach out and touch it. From that, I think I may have invested myself into the film a little more than I normally would have.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Most 3-D movies take advantage of the medium with hokey affects and jokes to make you jump. For example, can any of you remember Friday the 13th, part 3 in 3-D? The exploding eyeball bit? Tacky and gross, but fun.

But this movie felt as if the 3-D was meant to be there..the rain effects, the floating bubbles. The texture of the movie was brought to life--and make what was a pretty decent flick into something a tinsy bit more.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Huh?

There was a standard version?

Roo: Studios know what killed 3-D in 1953 and 1983 -- things being shoved in your face for the sake of being shoved in your face. As if the audience is too stupid to be able to differentiate 3-D from 2-D without shoving something in your face to cause you to go crosseyed. You know how sick I am of seeing people pointing to the camera when getting their photo taken in 3-D?!

However, we have yet to see a major movie that was made with 3-D presentation in mind being released in the new wave of releases. So far, what you have been seeing are movies made with 2-D in mind that are converted to 3-D later (if at all -- as the case of Happy Feet showed us). I believe Beowulf will be the first major movie made with 3-D in mind from the start. Release is in November, I believe. Seems to be cutting a bit close to the Nightmare release... I wonder how theaters will be handling that.
    -Tim

My brother and i saw it in disney digital 3d. I love the digital 3d and you it looks like you are in the scenery and stuff.

• Main Street with a friend

I saw it in 3-D and thought it was okay. My parents saw it in 2-D and 3-D and didn't think 3-D added that much to the film.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• World Traveler

Fortunately, my local theater now has the digital projector and we were able to see it in 3D. It was pretty cool and I liked the movie.

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719 View Post
    Most 3-D movies take advantage of the medium with hokey affects and jokes to make you jump. For example, can any of you remember Friday the 13th, part 3 in 3-D? The exploding eyeball bit? Tacky and gross, but fun.

But this movie felt as if the 3-D was meant to be there..the rain effects, the floating bubbles. The texture of the movie was brought to life--and make what was a pretty decent flick into something a tinsy bit more.

Peace,
    Roo
    YES!! My experience exactly. LOVED THE 3-D!!

So far, my experiences with the REAL D films have been mostly positive. Monster House and NBC were well done, but MTR really shines in 3-D. (The newer IMAX 3D system is also improved, even though my only experience with it so far is Polar Express.)

This newer technology is infinitely superior to the old Crystal Eyes system that IMAX was using (and much more comfortable than those heavy clunky headsets!), with clearer images, sharper lines. REAL D and the newer IMAX 3D don't seem to strain my eyes like Crystal Eyes did. No more 3-D headaches, a real plus.

For those who haven't yet experienced the REAL D/Disney Digital 3-D films yet, MTR is a great first film. Highly recommended!

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Huh?

Correction... James Cameron is apparently releasing a feature sometime this year filmed in 3-D -- however, most seem to not quite like his camera improvements.
    -Tim

• 1000th Guest!!!

Second star from the left and on to dusk.

Saw it in both formats.
    3D didn't add much. I thought that the 2D version had sharper colors and details.
    This line left blank in good taste.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast