Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

I remember seeing B&TB.. thought i might have seen littler mutrmaid in theaters.... (really young at the time..)

First Video i remember was little murmaid... then sleeping beauty..( i remember the re-relase into the theaters.. saw it with my grandmother..)

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    My first movie (which just happened to also be a Disney movie) was Lady and the Tramp. My grandmother took me to the first showing of the day and bought me a small coke, Junior Mints, and a small popcorn. When it ended I was crying and didn't want to leave, so we stayed for the 2nd, and 3rd, and 4th showing of the day. It was a magic day that we still speak about often. She always comments that my feet barely touched the end of the seat and that I never took my eyes off the screen the whole day.

When I was in college they re-released Lady and the Tramp into the theaters (something that I wish they still did with classic Disney movies). My grandmother called me in tears one day and asked if I could come home for a visit. She took me to see Lady and the Tramp at the very same theater that we had seen it in 20 years before. She bought me a small coke, Junior Mints, and a small popcorn. We both had a good cry. Although she wanted to stay and watch it all day, we didn't. To this day, I wish we had.
    That's a great story. I rememeber the big deal used to be that Disney only re-released their films ever 7 years. And then of course, video came along and all the rules changed.

• Pirate Princess

I'm sure I had seen other Disney movies before this, but when I was very little (5 or younger, can't recall), my mom bought Bambi for me on VHS. I adored that movie and watched it repeatedly. I thought it was so great because of the cool clamshell box it was in--not like any other videos we had!

That was my one and only Disney tape until the Little Mermaid was released, and mom bought me that. I don't think I ever stopped watching it...then and still, my favorite movie ever.

• Zapp's Minion :D

Alice in Wonderland

• e komo mai

My first movie (which just happened to also be a Disney movie) was Lady and the Tramp...
    Oh my gosh, I have never gotten all teary eyed over a post before. That's a wonderful story. No regrets though, at least y'all watched it once.

• Rawr...

I saw the re-release of Peter Pan in theatres. The first video was probley The Sword in the Stone
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Minion

My first Disney movie and first movie in theatres was Pinocchio. Which is a very scary movie for a kid to watch. I vaguely remember having nightmares about Monstro.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald
    I rememeber the big deal used to be that Disney only re-released their films ever 7 years. And then of course, video came along and all the rules changed.
    I would love to see the "classics" back on the big screen.

• He's a tramp...

We both had a good cry. Although she wanted to stay and watch it all day, we didn't. To this day, I wish we had.
    Geez, bring out the Kleenex and pass it around!!! That was a touching story that makes me think of memories of my grandparents...

I can't remember what the first Disney movie I saw in the theatres is. It may have been Snow White. Does anyone know if there was a re-release in the mid 80's? This first Disney video I owned was Cinderella and I remember we watched it so many times we wore out the cover to the video. I remember when it was my goal to own every Disney animated movie on video.

-Stephen

• Senior Minion

The Rescuers and The Shaggy DA.
    It was a double feature at the Local Drive-in Theatre. Sat on my Mom and Dads Vw super Beetle ft fender and watched it during one summer, it was great. From then on I was hooked.

In the 80's the drive-in added a Indoor Theatre where I saw Sleeping beauty with my cousin for the first time.

The drive-in was closed to make way for a Walmart Not a big fan Of Waly mart.(that's another thread
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Still lost in Neverland

When I was about 5 or 6 my father took me to one of those wonderful old theater palaces in downtown Los Angeles (this was around 1946 or 47) and the movie he took me to see was the second re-release of Fantasia. That was my first "Close Encounter' with Mickey and he's been part of me ever since. I also fell in love with Beethoven's 6th and the flying horses and centaurs used in that segment. Night on Bald Mountain scared the you know what out of me, but I still loved it.

I saw all the original Disney Movies in those old palaces thru Lady and The Tramp, and the beauty of the animation in those movies has stayed with me ever since. Nothing before or after has even come close to what the Disney Studio's did during their "Golden Age" (Snow White through Lady & The Tramp).
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• behind the curtain

I think I've been watching Disney movies since birth, but the first one in theater was The Little Mermaid.

• Minion

Being the youngest, I was taken along to theatres sometimes as a babe - - so I can remember snippets of things quite early (like age 2 or so) - - I seem to recall a snip like that of Sword in the Stone on its original release (Christmastime 63). But I can clearly recall the Disney movies I went to from 1964 on... some of the biggest impressions were: Cinderella and Bambi reissues, Mary Poppins, Thomasina, That Darn Cat! and The Ugly Dachshund with Winnie-the-Pooh and the Honey Tree, all in the 64-65 arena. after that it's all very clear - - I saw pretty much all of them through to the 80's.

Peter Pan reissue was the first film I saw in a theatre 8 times (in 68-69). But I racked up some good counts on Swiss Family Robinson, Love Bug, Jungle Book, etc. in the late 60's.

By the 70's I was old enough to go on my own and sit through multiple showings of just about everything - - I think Sleeping Beauty was my theatrical record at about 25 or so viewings in 79-80 (had a friend who worked at the theatre...).

Remember kids, this was before home video and you had to wait 7 years or more before you could see these films again.

When we got to CalArts and had 16mm prints to watch, we viewed all the animated classics frame-by-frame over-and-over to study their secrets - - and felt extremely privileged to have the opportunity. What a difference a few decades makes!
    Last edited by merlinjones; 02-06-2005 at 11:33 AM.

• A Little Rabid

Born in 88 probably would automatically equal Little Mermaid. Right at the dawn of the Disney Renaissance.

• So!

The first Disney movie I watched on a regular basis when I was younger was 101 Dalmatians...the original one.

• -Going Retro-

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    It was a rerelease of 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarves'. I was really young, but the witch and the haunted forest scared the heck out of me.

Same here at least in the movies. Not 100% certain but i think it was Bambi on VHS or Sleeping Beauty I know it was one of the two.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast