Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What was your first Disney movie???

Mine was "The Jungle Book" when it was first released. My mom took me on a school night which was a REALLY big deal.

I think it was Sleeping Beauty... if I remember it correctly, my dad rented it for me when I got sick.

• Practically Perfect

The First one I remember seeing in theatres is The Lion King, which I got to see twice! I remember that was a lot of fun...but the first one I remember seeing on video is Lady and the Tramp.

• e komo mai

It was a rerelease of 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarves'. I was really young, but the witch and the haunted forest scared the heck out of me.

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

Mary Poppins!!!!!! Nuf said!!!!!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    It was a rerelease of 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarves'. I was really young, but the witch and the haunted forest scared the heck out of me.
    Hey Gemini, I actually worked on the restoration of that film. You should see it frame by frame.....the artwork is amazing.

• Where's the Big Dipper?

In the theatre: Black Cauldron

The VERY first one... hmm.. does Donald in Mathemagic Land count?
    She walks in beauty, like the night
    Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
    And all that's best of dark and bright
    Meet in her aspect and her eyes.....

--Lord Byron

• The Original Disney Doll

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket

Me too. I was maybe 5 years old and it was re-released in theatres. I screamed like crazy when the witch showed up and my mother had to take me out. A few years later I was taken to Cinderella by an aunt. This was long before they even started to release the movies on video. My first Disney video was Cinderella also.

I think the first one I actually saw in the theater was Beauty and the Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by libraryvixen
    In the theatre: Black Cauldron

The VERY first one... hmm.. does Donald in Mathemagic Land count?

Sure "Donald in Mathemagic Land" counts. Where did you see that? School? WWof Disney? I never saw "The Black Cauldron." I just remember it getting bad reviews. How was it?

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald
    Hey Gemini, I actually worked on the restoration of that film. You should see it frame by frame.....the artwork is amazing.
    I believe it. It's very detailed. It was like watching a moving oil painting or watercolor painting. Really primo stuff. Every now and then, while watching the DVD, I'd pause it to look at the backgrounds or a certain character's details... truly amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by dizneedoll
    Me too. I was maybe 5 years old and it was re-released in theatres. I screamed like crazy when the witch showed up and my mother had to take me out.
    No, I believe it. I had the same reaction to seeing 'The Wizard of Oz'. When the witch showed up, my aunt had to take me to another room. I freaked out.
    In SW, the transformation scene of the queen to the hag got me. The queen looked like she was in pain while she changed, yet she did it to herself. That always bothered me as a kid. That and the witch kicking the skeleton that fell apart in the dungeon. The prisoner was trying to get a drink when he died. Too morbid for me as a kid.

• Where's the Big Dipper?

I saw Donald in Mathemagic Land at school. As for Black Caludron, I was intregued by it. Then again, I was 9 or 10. I tried to show it to my, then, 4 year old daughter and she was terrified by it... but wanted to watch it over and over again.
    She walks in beauty, like the night
    Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
    And all that's best of dark and bright
    Meet in her aspect and her eyes.....

--Lord Byron

• Gay Man

Mine was either a re-release of Bambi in the theaters or the first release of Jungle Book. I saw them both, but don't remember which came first. I still have the album soundtracks with the little die-cut window on the front for both of those.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    The first film I can recall seeing in theaters was The Fox and the Hound. My Grandma took my brother and I while my mom was in the hospital having my baby brother. I watched a lot of WW of Disney, so I am certain I had seen other films before that. This is the only one I can pinpoint the date for.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    My first movie (which just happened to also be a Disney movie) was Lady and the Tramp. My grandmother took me to the first showing of the day and bought me a small coke, Junior Mints, and a small popcorn. When it ended I was crying and didn't want to leave, so we stayed for the 2nd, and 3rd, and 4th showing of the day. It was a magic day that we still speak about often. She always comments that my feet barely touched the end of the seat and that I never took my eyes off the screen the whole day.

When I was in college they re-released Lady and the Tramp into the theaters (something that I wish they still did with classic Disney movies). My grandmother called me in tears one day and asked if I could come home for a visit. She took me to see Lady and the Tramp at the very same theater that we had seen it in 20 years before. She bought me a small coke, Junior Mints, and a small popcorn. We both had a good cry. Although she wanted to stay and watch it all day, we didn't. To this day, I wish we had.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast