• It's all nonsense

Plot of POTC 2: Dead Man's Chest

Taken from a gaming site i visit often....don't know what their source is valid.

"Walt Disney studio Chairman Dick Cook revealed new details about the two Pirates of the Caribbean sequels:

- The title Dead Man's Chest is confirmed to be the title.
    - PoTC 2 will hit theaters summer of 2006, with PoTC 3 following in the summer of 2007.
    - He said the plot goes as follows: "This time around, Johnny returns as Captain Jack Sparrow and is caught in yet another tangled web of supernatural intrigue. It turns out, Captain Jack owes a blood debt to the legendary Davey Jones, ruler of the ocean depths and captain of the ghostly Flying Dutchman. If Jack can't figure a crafty way out of this one, he'll be cursed to an afterlife of eternal servitude and damnation. And as if that weren't enough, Captain Jack's problems throw a huge wrench into the wedding plans of the blissful Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann, who quickly find themselves thrust into Jack's misadventures."

Producer Jerry Bruckheimer, director Gore Verbinski, and stars Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, and Keira Knightley are all back for both sequels. Naomie Harris, Stellan Skarsgård, and Alex Norton also recently joined the cast. "
    Last edited by The Mad Hatter; 02-03-2005 at 10:22 AM.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    This information came right out of Dick Cook's (Disney's Studio chief) mouth at the Disney Investor's Conference on Monday... It is valid (but of course, the editing process could bring changes).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• keep moving forward...

ya know what im not even going to see this one cuz this is going to far... they can mess with the country bears and the haunted mansion but pirates was purely and solely walts... it was his last atraction that he ever worked on... i havent been this upset about sequels since the jungle book 2 (another one of walts last projects) theyre messing up the classic people!! it started 10 years ago with the animated sequel crap but this is nuts!
    anybody agree.

• Banned User

But what about the dead monkey who stole the coin at the very end of POTC: CBP.........

Will it be in these next 2 movies.... (could help give comic releafe...)

• keep moving forward...

thogh it is awesome to see how much of the ride they put into these movies and an explanation for why they are in the ride in the first place (my favorite example of this is in pirates when they are trying to get the dog to hand over the key)

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88
    ya know what im not even going to see this one cuz this is going to far... they can mess with the country bears and the haunted mansion but pirates was purely and solely walts... it was his last atraction that he ever worked on... i havent been this upset about sequels since the jungle book 2 (another one of walts last projects) theyre messing up the classic people!! it started 10 years ago with the animated sequel crap but this is nuts!
    anybody agree.
    I agree and disagree. It was Walt himself who said that Disneyland would never be completed. Changes have to be made, it's the nature of the game. We may not all like it.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries
    They were filming PotC #2 and #3 at Universal Studios for a while...is that common?

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine
    They were filming PotC #2 and #3 at Universal Studios for a while...is that common?
    Yes. Movie companies rent sound stages out from each other all the time.

On a trip to Disney Studios about 1.5 months ago, I saw two soundstages. One had a ship facade with cannons and the other was a swamp scene complete with water pumps. I also so LOTS and LOTS of pirates walking around. I know that the pirate who is chums with the wooden eye pirate (the short stocky one) will be back. I also so two "short people" pirates as well.

• On Autopilot

Pintel will be back?! Yay!

Does anybody know if Norrington will be back? I mean, he's technicly the order to all of Jacks schemes

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

In the credits, it says Captain Barbossa played by Geoffery Rush. He must be returning somehow to play some sort of part of the movie.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Circle of Ancients

If you click my photo link in my signature, and navigate to the USH page you will see some of the prep for filming POTC at Universal.

• ºoº Tom ºoº