Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Disney to sell Pirates 3 Premiere tickets to the public for $1,500 for Make-A-Wish

Disneyland Resort Press Release

WORLD PREMIERE CELEBRATION FOR DISNEY’S THIRD “PIRATES” ADVENTURE “PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD’S END” -- TO RAISE $3 MILLION FOR THE MAKE-A-WISH FOUNDATION®

STAR-STUDDED SWASHBUCKLING DISNEYLAND PREMIERE ON MAY 19TH IS THE HOTTEST EVENT OF THE YEAR; PUBLIC CAN PURCHASE TICKETS FOR THE FIRST TIME

Anaheim, California - April 13th, 2007 - The Walt Disney Company is helping to make wishes come true for children all over the world by donating proceeds from the highly anticipated World Premiere of Walt Disney Pictures/Jerry Bruckheimer Films’ “Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End,” to the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America and Make-A-Wish® International, it was announced today by Dick Cook, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. The event will take place on May 19th at Disneyland® Park in Anaheim, California, with all of the film’s stars expected to participate. This gala celebration for the third installment of the enormously popular “Pirates” saga will raise $3 million for Make-A-Wish efforts, with Disney providing an initial donation in excess of $1 million to the charities, in addition to underwriting the entire cost of the Premiere (so that 100 percent of the ticket income will benefit both Make-A-Wish organizations).

This is the first time that the public has been invited to participate in a “Pirates” Premiere. Individual tickets are priced at $1,500, and are now available for sale at www.piratespremiere.com. The Make-A-Wish Foundation of America and Make-A-Wish International are dedicated to granting the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions in order to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.

Commenting on the announcement, Cook said, “Disney is dedicated to making dreams come true and we’re extremely proud to be lending our support to the Make-A-Wish Foundation with this benefit World Premiere of ‘Pirates’ to make a difference. The Studio is extremely excited about the upcoming release of ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End’ and we’re pulling out all the stops to give it the send-off it deserves with a magnificent gala event at Disneyland. Disney has been a longtime supporter of this wonderful organization and we’re excited to be doing something special to bring smiles to the children and their families, giving them magical moments to share.”

Over the past 25 years, Disney has continued to support the Make-A-Wish cause, contributing more than $10 million in cash and in-kind donations on an annual basis. With more than 6,000 wishes granted each year including visits to the Disney Parks, Disney Cruises, meeting Disney Characters and visiting TV and movie sets, including “Pirates of the Caribbean” films, Disney-themed wishes continue to be the most popular requests.

“Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End” picks up where the record-breaking 2006 smash hit left off, with our heroes Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) and Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley) allied with Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) in a desperate quest to free Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) from his mind-bending trap in Davy Jones’ locker. With the terrifying ghost ship, The Flying Dutchman, and its commander Davy Jones under the control of the East India Trading Company, there is havoc on the Seven Seas. Navigating through treachery, betrayal and wild waters, the heroic trio must forge their way to exotic Singapore and confront the cunning Pirate Sao Feng (Chow Yun-Fat). Now headed beyond the very ends of the earth, each must ultimately choose a side in a final titanic battle – as not only their lives and fortunes, but the entire future of the freedom-loving Pirate way hangs in the balance. Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and directed by Gore Verbinski from a screenplay written by Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio, our beloved cast sets sail again on a fresh new adventure in May 2007.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• living to haunt

Re: Disney to sell Pirates 3 Premiere tickets to the public for $1,500 for Make-A-Wis

WOW! I can't believe no one has responded to this! I wonder if my husband would kill me if I bought a ticket. Any Mice Chatters looking at going? What a great promotion for positive publicity.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

• Still wants to be a cat!

Re: Disney to sell Pirates 3 Premiere tickets to the public for $1,500 for Make-A-Wis

If only I had a spare $4500.00.......
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

That's great...the diehard fans that would truly want to go to the event will not be able to attend. At least the majority.

It's for a good cause most definitely, but...they might as well have just invited their celebrity friends again, just charged them for attending.

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust

How cool would it be to be able to go and help the Make a Wish. That is great
    Laughter is timeless -- Imagination has no age -- And dreams are forever

• living to haunt

Hey if everyone on MC posted $1 then they could have a drawing to send one member! Just kidding! Wish I could find the money! Help a great cause and have fun!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

and I thought paying $10.00 at the local cineplex was spendy. $1,500 dollars my arse! I love it that that doesn't even give you a reserved seat.

I do have to give them credit though. For Disney to give 100% of that ticket price as a donation is very un-Disney and very generous of them.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• I'm reaching new Horizons

Damnit

I don't have $1500 for a ticket (because I'm in school), but I would love to go.

Be check out my movie review blog at:

Mastermind Film Productions

• Disneyland is your land.

Good to hear Disney is doing something great with that type of cash.

And obviously the reason its so expensive is to keep those die-hard fans out of the event.
    Class of 2005...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

That's awesome it's going to a great cause but... $1500?

And did you see this at the bottom (in tiny print):

The fair market value is $100, therefore $1,400 of the ticket price is tax-deductible.

• Banned User

This is what i want for my birthday!...I wish.

I just got tickets for me and my brother for his birthday, anybody else going?

• Disneyland is your land.

Quote Originally Posted by drewdawg199 View Post
    I just got tickets for me and my brother for his birthday, anybody else going?
    If your buying SURE!!!! LOL. Hope you guys have fun!
    Class of 2005...

•   

Hello everyone. This is my first post on MiceChat, so be gentle.

I just bought a ticket and I will be attending the event by myself. I would like to change that. Are any of the other potential attendees who are willing to meet before the event so we can parade down the red carpet as a group?
    Last edited by PhotoMatt; 04-13-2007 at 04:02 PM.

• rockin butter sponge!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Disneyland Resort Press Release

WORLD PREMIERE CELEBRATION FOR DISNEY’S THIRD “PIRATES” ADVENTURE “PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD’S END” -- TO RAISE $3 MILLION FOR THE MAKE-A-WISH FOUNDATION®

This is the first time that the public has been invited to participate in a “Pirates” Premiere. Individual tickets are priced at $1,500, and are now available for sale at www.piratespremiere.com. The Make-A-Wish Foundation of America and Make-A-Wish International are dedicated to granting the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions in order to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
    Dang that is awesome. If only i was a rich girl... or had a credit card with a larger limit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast