• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Harry Connick, Jr. in concert. My review with pictures.

If you clicked on this thread, it must mean you are a Harry Connick, Jr. fan. He played here in Pittsburgh Wednesday, April 11. What a show! I had Row C and had to attend the concert by myself. If my husband were to join me, we would of had to sit in Row Y. (Hey, I had to ditch the husband so I could get a better seat. You understand, don't you?)

The stage was set as a New Orleans setting, complete with ceiling fans and street lamps. There was a mural of a French Quarter house on the back wall. New Orleans was the influence for this tour, and the music reflected that. He started out with Come By Me and continued with some of his new songs on his new album, Oh My Nola. The audience was really into everything he did and cheered the most when he would get up from behind the piano and sing to the audience from center stage. At one point he was showing us him moves and danced up a storm.

Harry is a very funny man and inbetween songs he would tell funny stories about his songs or his personal life. We were all in stiches. The show was only one hour and 45 minutes with just one encour, but it was a rockin time. Here are some pictures. Sorry they are so fuzzy. I sort of took them on the sly.

If you would like to donate to his fund to support those in New Orleans after the hurrican, you can visit his website:

http://www.hconnickjr.com/

Thanks for reading my review. If you have a chance to see Harry live, don't pass it up. You will not be disappointed.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Harry Connick, Jr. in concert. My review with pictures.

Glad to see you had a wonderful time! Harry and his band always put on a great show, he's a particularly terrific live performer with amazing stage presence. I've had the opportunity to see him a few times and have always taken different friends along - just spreading the message!

BTW - his latest film, 'Bug' with Ashley Judd, is finally set for release opposite 'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End' on May 25th. He's got a relatively small but pivotal role in this very strange but unforgettably disturbing film. I saw it last November at the AFI FEST and it was easily one of the toughest tickets and most talked about films screened.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Harry Connick, Jr. is awesome! Nice review!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I love Harry's music as well but have never seen one of his shows. Nice reviews and pics from Pittsburgh....

--Barry

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

Great pictures!!! You were so close! I love Harry. Thanks for the pictures!
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

WOW! Looking good!

Thanks for the review and pictures. I've been to almost all of Harry's concerts in San Diego (skipped the Star Turtle). I'm a longtime fan~

• For old time sake

I love love love LOVE Harry!!! He's hot, he can sing, he's funny and let me tell you that man can beat on a piano like there is no tomorrow. Seriously. The 2 concerts I saw of his, he was drumming on the top of the piano. He's so sexy. I love him!!!

And he can play just about every instrument known to man. Thanks for sharing the pics.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Wow, sounds like you had a great time! I love his music and his acting, he is such a diverse performer, he really sucks you in.