Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Quality not quantity

Re: POTC question...

A ship captained by a man so evil that hell itself spat him back out.

Oh, sorry for that aside, what were we discussing? Oh yea, how was it that Barbosa came back from the dead.... Please carry on.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Clearing my Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Jack the monkey stays cursed, as was seen in Dead Man's Chest. Barbosa is very much dead, that is exactly why he is back. He died and returned from the World's End. Tia Dalma says they need a captain who has been to the ends of the Earth, Barbossa, in order to save dear old Captain Jack.
    Point taken.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

What I want to know is why Will is proposing to Elizabeth in the trailer for At World's End when they were arrested in Dead Man's Chest on their wedding day.
    i wana know this also?

also jack died he ran into the kraken because he knew there was no other way...it was over
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    A ship captained by a man so evil that hell itself spat him back out.
    I think this is more a reference to the curse.

Oh, sorry for that aside, what were we discussing? Oh yea, how was it that Barbosa came back from the dead.... Please carry on.
    I think we'll learn that in the new film.

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post

What I want to know is why Will is proposing to Elizabeth in the trailer for At World's End when they were arrested in Dead Man's Chest on their wedding day.
    if it had anything to do with what the new clips are showing (there is a thread somewhere) then I think something bad happened.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thrax View Post
    i wana know this also?
    i think I can answer this one!

the whole tirangle they had in movie 2 left will looking forlorn, think about th end when she swindles jack

yea, WE knows what happening, but thats cause it zooms out and we see what she did and hear about it

all Will sees is her kiss jack ad then leave crying. in his mind, he probably feels that was a goodbye kiss between lovers

SO you can conclude that this will all be explained and Will is basically reasking her just to clarify

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

the whole tirangle they had in movie 2 left will looking forlorn, think about th end when she swindles jack

yea, WE knows what happening, but thats cause it zooms out and we see what she did and hear about it

all Will sees is her kiss jack ad then leave crying. in his mind, he probably feels that was a goodbye kiss between lovers

SO you can conclude that this will all be explained and Will is basically reasking her just to clarify
    that makes sense
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Jack lifted a coin that had already been returned (blood and all) by one of the crew.
    but, it wasn't the curse wasn't lifted until Barbossa ws shot. Remember...Barbossa is shot, Will cuts his hand and drops the coin....and BArbossa says...."I feel........cold." And dies. So, that can't be the answer.

So....why isn't Will Cursed???? Still not making any sense to me.

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    but, it wasn't the curse wasn't lifted until Barbossa ws shot. Remember...Barbossa is shot, Will cuts his hand and drops the coin....and BArbossa says...."I feel........cold." And dies. So, that can't be the answer.

So....why isn't Will Cursed???? Still not making any sense to me.
    It's not transfered from each person who stole the coin. The person who had originally taken it is cursed.

And before you ask, they need Will because his father took the coin and since its almost the same blood...

It's not transfered from each person who stole the coin. The person who had originally taken it is cursed.
    soooooo, why doesn't Elizabeth get it when she picks up the coin after it had been returned unsucessfully?

And why does JAck get it?? He wasn't an "original" theif.

And before you ask, they need Will because his father took the coin and since its almost the same blood...
    well, I KNEW that!!

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

^Because when Jack fingered through the chest he took a piece that had allready been returned (with the right blood on it) therefore he became a theif. However, since the medallion coin had not ben returned to the chest with the correct blood it had not been returned (think of it as you bringing a shirt back to a store to return it but having the store deny you the return because you dont have your slip, sure the shirt is back in the store, but its not returned) therefore she isnt a theif.

you keep saying Jack took a coin with the correct blood.......Will had NOT added his blood to the chest until AFTER Jack became a ghost pirate. PLease watch the movie again if you are unsure of this.....Will does not return the coin until Jack shoots Barbossa..then, Will cuts his hand and drops the coin into the chest. Jack becomes a ghost pirate BEFORE the coin is returned with the correct blood. No difference in what he did and Elisabeth did, yet, he becomes a ghost pirate.

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

^You need to watch this movie again, watch the scene as Jack is sweet talking Barbossa. At some point you will see him grab a whole lot of coins and drop them in dramatically, there is then a close up shot of him pulling a magician's trick and making a coin disapear into his hand wrap, its in slow motion.

I know that's BEFORE he shoots Barbossa....BEFORE Will puts his blood on the coins......

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

I give up, without being able to show you the movie scenes I dont know of any way to show you why Jack is cursed and Elizabeth isnt. As for the reason why Barbossa is mortally wounded before every coin is back, well thats a different story. The only answer the writers gave on the commentary is that any wound sustained by cursed pirate while he was a skeleton is cured the next time he steps out of the moon light, but if the curse is lifted before he can then those wounds remain, which is why the Jamaican Pirate lost his hand, Barbossa still had a fatal bullet wound, and we can assume the three blown up Pirates by Will and Elizabeth died.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast