• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

"The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" comic book

Has any one else here read "The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" by Don Rosa? I just finished it and it is really awsome. A definate must read for those of you who enjoy characters with very detailed backgrounds. This is a good sized comic book that has 12 chapters. It is a comic book that follows Scrooge from when he was a little duckling earning his first American dime as a shoe shiner in Scotland, to the greedy duck we know today that is obsessed with money.

Don Rosa and Carl Barks really worked hard on this character and I will go out of my way to say he is the only Disney character who has an VERY detailed history. Heck, Don Rosa, and maybe even Carl Barks, detailed Scrooges family tree all the way back to medieval times. It's a shame that Disney is not capitalizing on this very special character. It's not all that often you have a character with a detailed history like Scrooge did.

Not only is the story of Scrooge's life very detailed, but so are the illustrations.

I really enjoyed this book and it gave me a fond appreciation for Scrooge McDuck in many different aspects. I definatly recommend it.

Has anyone else read "The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck"?

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: "The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" comic book

I did when the original was first published years ago. Then I think they did a second volume as well. They are great books with great art and stories. Uncle Scrooge is one my favorite Disney characters.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Did you read all the volumes? Because now you can buy the Comic book on Amazon with all the volumes in it.

We may be taling about two different entities here. I am speaking of the Hard Cover book that came out several years ago covering everything Scrooge McDuck in nature, with art from all the Disney Duck Artists and excerpts from other media as well. This was an expensive book, but I can't remember the price. Then they did an update, smaller in overall size but with a few things added to the content. I think you are referring to the over sized comics that is published in Arizona? I have seen them at the Comic Store, we have boxes of them, but have never read them.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

The life and Time is a comic book that chronicles the development of Scrooge's fortune. Lost Boy, you seem to be referring to a nonfiction work about Scrooge's origins?

I have a copy of the Life and Times on my coffee table here at home. Haven't started reading it yet, but it's here....waiting.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I have to admit that there were times in the story that made me chuckle . Scrooge is pretty funny .

The part that kinda made me sad is when his father passed on.

I am going to have to find that book. It is more of a study on the character with references to his many appearances, with examples of art and some strips reprinted. But I do know it's a hard cover, larger sized book. If and when I find it I will post something about it here, but it won't be anytime soon as I have "rearranged" the living room and there are so many boxes full of toys and models and stuff, I can't even get to the book shelf. I can't do anything until I get some new shelves to put things on. I shouldn't have started moving stuff but I thought I was getting the shelves some time ago, and that just didn't happen.

Thank You Poisonedapples