• Circle of Ancients

Hard Rock Park Breaks Ground In Myrtle Beach (Info and Concept Art)

Get ready to “Let the Good Times ROLL.” Hard Rock Park, the world’s first rock ‘n’ roll theme park, has broken ground and is ready to make some noise as the first new major attraction to be built in the U.S. in nearly a decade. Slated to open in Myrtle Beach in spring 2008, Hard Rock Park will celebrate the spirit of rock ‘n’ roll through a myriad of unprecedented rides and attractions, marking the single largest tourism investment in South Carolina’s history.

Hard Rock Park will be an approximately 140-acre theme park boasting more than 40 attractions for rockers of all ages, including roller coasters, shows, children’s play areas, restaurants, cafes and retail stores, a multi-purpose live music amphitheatre, and ultra-modern sound system specifically developed for the project, creating a totally immersive full day experience.

“We’ve been dreaming up Hard Rock Park for the last few years and we can’t wait to start showing people what they can expect to experience.” says Steven Goodwin, CEO of Hard Rock Park, “From the innovative technology to develop the rides and the entertainment experience to the truly priceless memorabilia we will have on display and special events we will host, visitors can expect a new standard of fun to rock fans of all ages.”

Music will set the tune in coasters including Maximum RPM!, a convertible car-coaster that races to 80s new age hits and Midnight Rider, a Southern Rock roller coaster that careens through a creepy abandoned lumber mill. Children’s play areas abound, including Reggae River Falls, a whimsical Jamaican-themed water play area and Garage Jam! a foam ball play-station.

Hard Rock Park will feature six distinct “rock environs” celebrating rock’s culture, lifestyle, legends and irreverence:

All Access Entry Plaza – A cluster of “people friendly” piazzas that provide vibrant shopping venues and public spaces designed in a blend of mission and warehouse styles

Rock & Roll Heaven – An oasis of rock, explores the feelings and emotions “behind the music” - the influences, the legends and the vibrations that stir the soul

British Invasion – Celebrates rock ‘n’ roll English style. The look and feel of London creates a backdrop to explore rock’s most influential artists and musical genres

Lost in the 70’s – A large indoor mall where Britannia and America converge in the eclectic mix of Punk, Disco and Glam that dominated the 70’s

Born in the USA – Salutes the birthplace and “melting pot” of rock: an American tapestry of exciting styles as diverse as the people that live from “sea to shining sea”

Cool Country – Expresses a distinctively American form of music and its incredible lasting popularity, particularly in the South!

More information can be found here: http://www.hardrockpark.com/

Last edited by Dustysage; 04-17-2007 at 08:36 PM.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Hard Rock Park turns up the volume on Family Fun

Here are the images:

Last edited by Dustysage; 04-17-2007 at 08:17 PM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

Re: Hard Rock Park Breaks Ground In Myrtle Beach

I cannot wait to see how this park does.. esp with it;s B&M coaster.. with on board audio!!!

(sure, vekoma and intamin did it already, but B&M only has the prototype in japan's universal... and imagine a smooth B&M doing those movements...)

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Re: Hard Rock Park Breaks Ground In Myrtle Beach

looks similar to epcot and USF... lol I read about this park.. should be interesting.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Hard Rock Park Breaks Ground In Myrtle Beach (Info and Concept Art)

^ That was my first thought, it looks like IOA.

Not like that is a bad thing AT ALL though.

• Minion

It does remind me of IOA. I'm surprised that they just broke ground as the park's supposed to be opening in about a year.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    It does remind me of IOA. I'm surprised that they just broke ground as the park's supposed to be opening in about a year.
    I was thinking the same thing about the new Sea World water park "Aquatica". They just broke ground too and open in just about one year.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,