Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Rumor of new Disney Park?

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    Total urban legend and rumor. It never dies.
    I wouldn't really say it is an urban legend, my husband really did talk to a guy that said his neighbor had sold the land, which could be a lie but I find that an odd one to make up. Regardless, the reason of the post was not to propagate rumors but to see if anyone else had any supporting or nonsupporting information. I fail to see how your comment helps.

• "There's always my way"

Re: Could Disney be planning to build a Theme Park in Branson? - News Article

if you do the research, you'd find out it's just a hoax. Disney is just leaving a trail of bread crums to mislead people. Don't fall for this.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT1982 View Post
    if you do the research, you'd find out it's just a hoax. Disney is just leaving a trail of bread crums to mislead people. Don't fall for this.
    It's Monday, I'm up to my ears with work and stuff. Can you just tell me what the "research" is?

Thanks.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Minion

It's possible it's not Disney but another company looking to start a theme park. They could be using addresses conveniently located near Disney parks to start rumors that Disney was building a park, which would get more support for zoning regulations and such.

• May the F=ma be with you

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    It's possible it's not Disney but another company looking to start a theme park. They could be using addresses conveniently located near Disney parks to start rumors that Disney was building a park, which would get more support for zoning regulations and such.
    The address listed is that of WDW HQ. You cannot falsify and address.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Aaron's mom

OOOH a Disney park in Missouri would be my dream come true! And my husbands worse nightmare! But I've heard this all before, when, oh when, will it become a reality? On the other hand, driving in and around Branson is bad enough with all the older folk who are driving challenged more visitors will make it just that more fun!

Guess we will all have to wait and see on this on. It would be nice to have another disney park not so far to drive to.

• For You!

Well, I would definitely visit my grandmother more often if they did build in Missouri!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Disgruntled Former CM

Cool Re: Could Disney be planning to build a Theme Park in Branson? - News Article

Anyone want to 'go for broke' and start a Thread: "Possible Branson Disneyland Park Themes" ?

I'm gonna open a 'brew' and wait to wade in with my thoughts on the subject until I see a couple of the other suggestions...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    The address listed is that of WDW HQ. You cannot falsify and address.
    Oh, okay - I didn't realize the address listed was definitely that of Disney HQ.

I'm praying there are no more US resorts. Anaheim and Orlando are plenty.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post
    Anyone want to 'go for broke' and start a Thread: "Possible Branson Disneyland Park Themes" ?

I'm gonna open a 'brew' and wait to wade in with my thoughts on the subject until I see a couple of the other suggestions...
    My guess, if (and it's a BIG if) it is indeed the Disney Company, would be Disney's America. But, that's an IF (a big one). Did I stress that I really don't see this flying, (like, a maybe, or, how-do-you-say---- IF)?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

I hope it is closer to Kansas City, I don't want it to be in Springfield, MO. I want it to be within an hour of me from Kansas City, that would be my dream!
    I hope that it actually happens!
    I hope that is also is not close to Branson, I have no want to go to Branson, it is like the old people capital with bad shows.
    The only problem with Kansas or Missouri is the fact of the actual change of season compared to California or Florida. So many of our parks are seasonal, in fact, most of them are closed right now
    Last edited by Peglegin98; 04-23-2007 at 05:29 PM.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs...WS01/704240365

QuikQuote: After rumors flew last week that Disney was planning to build a $1.1 billion theme park in the area, Presiding Commissioner Jerry Carter got the word Monday that, as he put it, it's "shenanigans."
    "I just talked to the vice president of public affairs for Disney, and she said there's nothing to it," Carter said.
    Carter said Disney officials didn't recognize the names of any of the three owners of ARM Risk, the company supposedly working to assemble the 1,000 acres of land. "(Disney) can say absolutely that they're not involved in Newton County or in southwest Missouri," Carter said.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

It is going to be Osmondland. Jimmy Osmond (as in little brother to Donny) helped Branson become what it is today. If you look at all the info on Jimmy Osmond web site http://www.jimmyosmond.com/index.html he has put money into Branson for years and helps with the Branson Jubilee. Also if you look at the specs of the "park" with 12 stages that is not a normal Disney park. I could see the Osmond family doing much like Dollywood and making it the home of everything for them.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
    It is going to be Osmondland.
    I'm sure both of their fans will be ecstatic!
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast