Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone remembered when "Oliver and Company" came out in theaters back in 1988?

I certainly did when i was 6 back in november 1988, my mom and dad took me to see this at the movies when i lived in Omaha. I had some of the merchandise like coloring books, the Mcdonalds finger puppets, the singing christmas tree Ornuments, pajamas, and a cassete with book readalong. I also saw it again after Christmas that year, but i was sad that it never came on video but i never fogotten about it neither did my mom and dad who both remember "Why Should i Worry" then when i was 13 back in january 1996, i read an article on Disney Channel magazine saying that it's coming back to theaters i was happy and saw it again in a theater and loved it again like i did when i was a little boy.

During that same year, i was glad that it was about time it came on video and bought it the day it came on video for the first time. I still enjoy this movie to this day. Am i the only one of my generation (the 80's children generation) here that saw this on the big screen originally back in the 80's?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Anyone remembered when "Oliver and Company" came out in theaters back in 1988?

Are you POSITIVE that the vhs was released the same year? I don't think they were that quick back then.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Re: Anyone remembered when "Oliver and Company" came out in theaters back in 1988?

I also remembering seeing Oliver & Company on the big screen growing up. I also had an Oliver finger puppet from McDonalds.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Are you POSITIVE that the vhs was released the same year? I don't think they were that quick back then.
    No no, i was talking about 1996 which was the year when it finally came on video.

•   
    • I <3 o

i still have the Singing ornament from McDonalds, unfortunately he no longer sings, but we still have him
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Adelade View Post
    i still have the Singing ornament from McDonalds, unfortunately he no longer sings, but we still have him
    Ah yes, sorry. I must have glazed over the 1996 part. (i was at work).

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   

Yup......I remember.........
    It was the first official weekend after my Mom and Dad's divorce. My Dad got custody of us so we had every other weekend with my Mom and she took my brothers and I to go see it.
    It's a sad memory for me.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    I also remembering seeing Oliver & Company on the big screen growing up. I also had an Oliver finger puppet from McDonalds.
    Same here. How I adored Einstein and Francis.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I think I remember it. What was that one line from the chihuahua dog that was so funny...

I have been trying to think of it, but I have a blank.

Edit: I got it- Hey, man, if this is torture, chain me to the wall.
    That used to crack me up as a kid. I think it was the accent mainly. And that is all I remember about that movie!
    In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe. -Michael Jackson

• Do you have a 27B/6?

Ah, the movie that introduced thousands of youngsters to Billy Joel...

I have those same toys from McDonalds, and I *treasure* them.
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

• Princess of my own world

I remember! I went to the theater to see it. My sister and I collected all the McDonald toys.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I remember when it came out in the theatre but I never got to see it on the big screen. I remember the big deal they made of Billy Joel doing the voice of Dodger.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I remember when it came out in the theatre but I never got to see it on the big screen. I remember the big deal they made of Billy Joel doing the voice of Dodger.
    Yep. And Bette Midler was Georgette (however you spelled it). I had a huge stuffed animal of the purple poodle.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Clearing my Calendar

The opening sequence with the kittens gets me EVERY time!

I'm such a sucker for kittens.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Oh my Goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink View Post
    I think I remember it. What was that one line from the chihuahua dog that was so funny...
    I got it- Hey, man, if this is torture, chain me to the wall.
    That used to crack me up as a kid. I think it was the accent mainly. And that is all I remember about that movie!
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceCub View Post
    The opening sequence with the kittens gets me EVERY time!

I'm such a sucker for kittens.
    I remember that! That was the Christmas we spent with my cousins in Hawaii and we all went to see it together. We have a video of my cousin and I running around the house saying the Chihuahua line....we loved that line too! I finally saw it again a few years ago - and I cried and cried w/ the opening sequence....I too am a sucker for kittens. It is great. I need to see that again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast