Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   

Rumor might be coming true....

It seems like more and more rumors have been flying around lately about a park or land being built for Harry Potter.
    If this article is true, it's too bad Disney isn't going to get it and Universal Studios will.......that really frustrates me.

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=3&id=618932007

• Shablagoo!

Re: Rumor might be coming true....

I'm not to worried about Universal getting it. When they are on their A-game they can make wonderful parks, like Islands of Adventure. I just hope they are not going to totally gut the Lost Continent section to make it Harry Potter themed. I'd rather it be a new land in Universal Studios Orlando.

•   

They would build it in Islands of Adventure if this is true.
    I really just wish Disney would have gotten it instead. I agree with you, Universal can do some great work but it's not the same as Disney.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Harry Potter is a cash cow franchise. Whomever builds it will want to be careful not to go cheap and piss off the devoted fans. They had to be very careful with the movies and the same will be true of the theme park attractions.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Harry Potter is a cash cow franchise. Whomever builds it will want to be careful not to go cheap and piss off the devoted fans. They had to be very careful with the movies and the same will be true of the theme park attractions.
    I agree with you there but I think Disney could have pulled it off. Maybe J.K. and Disney just couldn't agree on who would be in charge.

• my two sunshines

Well, if this is true and it is in Hollywood - looks like we'll be moving back to CA much sooner than expected - my daughter who is an original Potterite back before the first movie ever came out, she wanted to work at DL when we moved back - boy will that change!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Trac View Post
    Well, if this is true and it is in Hollywood - looks like we'll be moving back to CA much sooner than expected - my daughter who is an original Potterite back before the first movie ever came out, she wanted to work at DL when we moved back - boy will that change!
    The Harry Potter land is rumored to come to Islands of Adventure in Orlando, not Universal Studios Hollywood.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Still lost in Neverland

The news was out last week. It will be at Universal's Islands of Adventure as a new land sandwiched into the Atlantis area. It will go behind the Aladdin theater between Poesiden's adventure and dueling dragons. Uninversal also closed a deal on those robot arms ride things "Kula" or whatever they are called (they use them down on one ride at Legoland) and will probably use it for the Weasly Flying Car ride. I have heard it will be very faithful to both the books as the movies. They are currently in use on the tram ride for the cars that get blasted toward the tram. I can't remember the name of the movie. Fast and Furious Tokyo or something like that. Sorry my memory is not so good anymore.

IF they do anything here, it will most likely be the robot arms thing and the Weasly Flying Car. There is just no place in Universal big enough to handle even Diagon Alley. Whatever, it will be interesting and like Dusty said, they will have to do it right as JK Rowling is very protective and will have complete say and final approval rights in anything they decide to build. I think Disney is lucky they didn't get it. They would have to do what JK says, not what they want to do.
    Last edited by Lost Boy; 04-23-2007 at 11:08 PM.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    It will be at Universal's Islands of Adventure as a new land sandwiched into the Atlantis area. It will go behind the Aladdin theater between Poesiden's adventure and dueling dragons.
    Man, I hope that's where it goes. I really do not want to see them change Lost Continent. If they add Potterland as a subsection that is ok, but to try to shoehorn Potter into the already built Lost Continent would stink.

• Still lost in Neverland

It doesn't seem to be finalized yet, the deal was just made April 13th. But from what I hear it will not replace Atlantis, but go behind it. I don't know how they are going to do this, but lets hope they can figure it out soon.

Again, nothing at all was mentioned about Universal Hollywood. They are still fighting over where to put the Spiderman attraction out here. The only spot left for use is where Waterworld now sits, and that show is still a "sold out" show at just about every performance. It is still a very popular show. They really have a problem with space out here. Florida is much like WDW. The have enough land to do just about anything they want. It will be interesting.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Letting my freak flag fly

I want butterbeer! Mmmm...
    I'm a lover, not a fighter...
    But I'm also a fighter, so don't get any ideas!

• Diamond In The Rough

I'd have thought that re-theming the whole of Lost Continent at IOA would be the only option - can't imagine a single Potter ride dumped in LC...

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaJay18 View Post
    I'd have thought that re-theming the whole of Lost Continent at IOA would be the only option - can't imagine a single Potter ride dumped in LC...
    The only problem with that is that the Lost Continent is so well themed already. The Lost Continent (for those who have not been there) is broken into 3 subsections; A King Arthur-Middle Age Britian, An Arabian Knights like land, and a Ancient Greece/Atlantis area. None of it even begins to resemble the Potterverse. Its set hundreds of years into the past. They would basically have to tear the whole land apart and start over, and that would be terrible. It would be like rethemeing Disneyland's Critter Country to Oliver and Company or 101 Dalmations or tearing down Adventureland to build an Indiana Jones land. Its probably the best themed island in the park and just incredibly magical. Here let me share a few pictures to give you an idea.

• Diamond In The Rough

I agree about LC themeing - some of the best in a park anywhere, but I just can't imagine Uni forking out for Potter and dumping it in an existing land. Either put it as a stand alone over in the Studios, create a land at IOA or, as a last resort, re-theme most of Lost Continent.

The only bad thing about LC is the attractions - Duelling Dragons aside, the rides/shows are a little under-whelming.

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

I would love to see a HP ride at Universal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast