• This space for rent

The CW t.v. promo commercial song help PLEASE

There's a newer The CW t.v. promo ad that's been out for atleast a month or more that shows clips from some of it's shows, Reba, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, and Smallville are the ones I can think of in this commercial.

Well, this song they play in the background is starting to drive me crazy, because I don't know who the singer or band is that's singing and playing the song, nor the name of the song either. As they show the clips of the various shows it's just music at first in the background and you can hear the actors voices over it. The music is kind of slow and mellow I can remember hearing a piano in it, it sounds similar to the piano in the song "In the End" by Linkin Park.

As the clips rotate between various shows then the lyrics kick and the music picks up (I think) during a clip from Veronica Mars, and I think some of the lyrics go "Save or Take the girl, ____ Take the blame, Can't control myself, ____ ____ ___You" they're playing as they show the scene from Smallville where the Justice League members are walking away after blowing up a building. The singer is a male and has a very hi singing voice, similar to the singer in the group Remy Zero, who do the theme song to Smallville.

Any chance somebody here at MiceChat knows this song or the group, or has any help to offer???

I've tried way too many lyrics search engines to count, google, even YouTube, and also the CW's own website and forums. I've compared results from those searches to iTunes samples, and basically come up with nothing. The closest thing I've found was some other poor sole searching on a tv commercial website, who also is stumped by this tv ad. Usually I'm good at finding songs like this, but this has now gone from simple stuck in my head status to a total all out quest.

I'd appreciate any help in resolving this annoyance, and hopefully being able to get some of my piece of mind back.

• Senior Minion

Re: The CW t.v. promo commercial song help PLEASE

You might want to try the boards over at FanForum.com for some of the different shows and ask there. That would be your best bet. Those people tend to know everything.
    I'll ask in the Gilmore Girls boards over there and see what I can come up with.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    You might want to try the boards over at FanForum.com for some of the different shows and ask there. That would be your best bet. Those people tend to know everything.
    I'll ask in the Gilmore Girls boards over there and see what I can come up with.
    Thank you for the advice and info, as well as asking on the GG board too.

Did you ever find out the name of the song or the band. I have been bugged by this song as well.

• This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by punksykological View Post
    Did you ever find out the name of the song or the band. I have been bugged by this song as well.
    I saw your reply here after I'd already answered your PM. LoL

I went to various forums and lurked around but never found out anything solid to help. It's funny you brought this up since I just saw the commercial last week for the 1st time in almost a month. I may have to go on some late night online sleuthing missions again in a few nights to see if any info has popped up on it.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Try asking here, or look around at the threads already posted.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I'd try general TV boards like the forums at midseasonreplacements.com, tvgasm.com or televisionwithoutpity.com (I'm not sure if there's a spot on there for this question - they run a tight ship! But if you go to MSR or TVG, tell them CrazyTrain sent ya! )
    Good luck... you have me curious now as well!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...