Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Rosie O'Donnell to Leave 'The View'

From the Associated Press/MSNBC:

NEW YORK - Rosie O’Donnell’s stormy tenure on “The View” will be a short one. The opinionated host was unable to agree on a contract with ABC, and she’ll leave the show in June.

“My needs for the future just didn’t dovetail with what ABC was able to offer me,” O’Donnell said in a statement Wednesday.

“This has been an amazing experience,” she said, “and one I wouldn’t have traded for the world.”

O’Donnell has helped raise the ratings for the daytime chat show invented by Barbara Walters. But her outspokenness has caused almost constant controversy, including a nasty name-calling feud with Donald Trump that placed Walters squarely in the middle.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18307579/?GT1=9246

• Up is Down

Re: Rosie O'Donnell to Leave 'The View'

Im not suprised!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Im not suprised!
    Why? Because ABC is cheap? She was the best thing to happen to that show (which was, except for Star Jones' exit, getting pretty mediocre ratings beforehand). Suddenly, Rosie makes it relevant and controversial, and ABC doesn't realize it's printing its own money.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Senior Minion

That's a good start ... now she just needs to stay in the shadows of obscurity.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    Why? Because ABC is cheap? She was the best thing to happen to that show (which was, except for Star Jones' exit, getting pretty mediocre ratings beforehand). Suddenly, Rosie makes it relevant and controversial, and ABC doesn't realize it's printing its own money.
    They were saying she only wanted a one year contract but ABC was giving her a 3-year deal and it was not enough $$$ that they were offering her. Besides she just wants her own show since she pretty much made The View as her own.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Besides she just wants her own show since she pretty much made The View as her own.
    I agree with you -- good for her, and she deserves her own show. I was asking "why" above as to why Sam was "not surprised" that she was leaving.

ABC didn't fire her or not decide to renew her contract. (hell, if what you're saying is true, they wanted a THREE year contract). She isn't going to "fade into obscurity". It was Rosie's decision, and all I can say is, good for her. I think she can make her own show at least as successful as The View.

And for those people that hate Rosie, I would suggest you do a little research into the woman and see what sort of charities she supports, what charities she's formed, and the good work she does on behalf of the LGBT community. Is she opinionated? You bet your sweet arse. It makes for great television. If you don't want to watch, then don't watch, nobody is forcing you to.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Meh, oh well, we'll see her again soon.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Very true Chernabog. I personally didn't enjoy her some of the time on her short stint on The View. Just the ongoing feud with Trump and then the whole thing about Kelly Ripa & Rosie calling her homophobic just annoyed me but I still watched (well more like listen because I hear it at work) but it was entertaining to watch most of the time.

• Senior Minion

I just don't really care for her, and even more so after her trying to speak "chinese" stunt (and the "apology" that followed). I don't watch anything she has to do with, but her behavior tends to be so extreme that it comes out all over the news and it gets blown out of porportion - while we get overexposed to her antics. I am aware that she does contribute to a lot of charities and does a lot of good work, but in my view it doesn't make her behavior excusable.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Didn't she used to have her own show? Not sure why that ever stopped. I think she is going to use this as a stepping stone to her own platform. I think that may have been a reason why she caused as much controversy as she did- to get her and the show into the limelight so she can use it to self promote. I say kudoos to her for not accepting anything less than her terms. I sometimes like her, sometimes she annoys me. Who doesn't?
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• I have returned !!

That woman has no tact. She is a fool. Thats all fine and dandy that she donates money to charity. Good for her. Pretty soon she will be sitting on a curb with her own can begging for a dime. It is a fine day in my world when Rosie is outspoken in HER field... far out there... waaaaayyyy out by the oak tree with the rest of the cows.
    She is rude, offensive, loud, gross and obnoxious and that has no place in the world as a role model for our kids. We already have Nancy Grace we didn't need another one.
    YAY ABC for offering her minimum wage ... watch your ratings soar!!!

Mickey's cool but Johnny Depp Rocks !

Got Tiger? I do !!

LAST DLR Trip ? POTC: AWE PREMIERE !! 5-17~5-24
    next trip?? Dec 2007

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    Not sure if not wanting to pay one person $40 million a year is being cheap.

Personally, I could care less.

• Man O Lantern

Thank God.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Rosie and her politics, but I hate The View (most daytime talk shows in general), and I couldn't stand hearing about all the inane talk show drama in the news all the time. Drove me nuts.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Aw. I haven't been this sad since the best day of my life.
    Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Not sure if not wanting to pay one person $40 million a year is being cheap.
    Well I wasn't aware of the numbers or the reasons for her leaving when I asked if ABC is being cheap. Where are you getting $40 million a year? They were really going to pay her $120 million over three years?

If she is wealthy enough that she can make decisions for professional and personal reasons instead of purely monetary ones, then go her.

Quote Originally Posted by idzy
    YAY ABC for offering her minimum wage ... watch your ratings soar!!!
    Well considering ABC didn't offer her minimum wage and the ratings soared only when Rosie was ON The View, your statement is nonsense. She isn't a sheep like the rest of those horrid women on The View.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast