• Happy Memories

Swiss Family Robinson heading back to the Big Screen!(Merged)

Jonathon Mostow (Terminator 3) has signed to direct the new version of Swiss Family Robinson. He says the original Disney film was one of his favorites as a child. full story here: http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...m_nm/mostow_dc

• șoș Tom șoș

Swiss Family Robinson heading back to the Big Screen!

This is awesome news. If you are not excited about the movie, cross your fingers that it will at least give Disney cause to restore the Swiss Familly Tree at Disneyland!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuters Hollywood
    Swiss Family Robinson" is heading back to the big screen with Jonathan Mostow at the helm of the remake reports Reuters.

Mandeville Films are producing for Walt Disney Pictures, Mostow and script partner Sam Montgomery will rewrite a script by Greg Poirier. Mostow & Montgomery have worked together on two of Mostow's earlier films - the Kurt Russell kidnap drama "Breakdown" and the WW2 actioneer "U-571".

Mandeville has been trying for a long time to figure out a way to retell the classic survival story of a family shipwrecked on an uncharted South Pacific island. The producer and studio considered a contemporary setting, but recent talk suggested changing it back to the book's 19th-century period.

Mostow came to the project after six months of negotiations, which means the production is headed for a 2006 start of shooting date in Australia. Mostow soon plans to direct Will Smith as a superhero suffering a philosophical crisis in "Tonight, He Comes," for Sony.

• Just Me

hmmm... Not sure if this is good or not. At least I will always have the option not to see it.

why remake a classic movie?? just rerelease the old one. I sure hope they don't butcher it for the younger generation with CGI monsters and fancy explosions.

hopefully if it was the directors favorite childhood movie, then he will at least keep the swisskapolka.

• Happy Memories

Re: Swiss Family Robinson heading back to the Big Screen!(Merged)

I was reading this morning that Disney is keen to have Lindsey Lohan in the new Swiss Family. From what the article said, they want her, but it will depend on wether or not she's willing to be part of an ensemble and not the headliner. This confuses me greatly? Didn't they have a lot of trouble with her during the filming of herbie? weren't they considering firing her and bringing in a different actress at one point because her hard partying ways were having a negative impact on her job performance?? Not to mention the fact that her current public image is not exactly family friendly. so why would they want her for another family film?

• Queen of Randomness

I don't like the movie so much for the story line but because of the actors that are in it and the era in which it is made. It's like when they remade the Parent Trap with Lindsey. I love the orginal but really didn't like the newer version.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• Minion

She sells tickets - and certainly fits the Janet Munro role. I can see two brothers and a boatload of pirates fighting over her...

• Queen of Randomness

Are they going to try and make her look like a boy too??

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• Minion

>>Are they going to try and make her look like a boy too??<<

From Herbie FL, we know they can do this digitally...

• Jacob <3 Cotton Candy

Angry Re: Swiss Family Robinson heading back to the Big Screen!(Merged)

HHHMMM...In my opinion, if it is not broken don't fix it...Why remake a classic like Swiss Family Robinson? No one would ever be able to fill the shoes of Sir Mills as the father. No one could ever replace the endearing performance of Dorothy Maguire as the mother. And Kevin "Moochie" Corcoran?? Nuff said. And if they ever try to cast Lindsay Lohan as Roberta, I am going to hunt down the casting director and make a nice stew of him and share him with trader joe at the jungle cruise ride in Disneyland. I guess everyone who reads this post will clearly understand what side I rest on. I would boycott any remake of this movie with such a passion that the meaning of it would never be forgotten.
    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

Walt Disney's Swiss Family Robinson is one of my very favorite films and the only reason not to boycott a remake, for me, is that I hope it will be cause to restore the Treehouse at Disneyland to SFR theme.

Looks like it should be good, but let's hope that Mostow doesn't mess this one up like he did with Terminator 3. T3 was a disaster! A discrace!
    Do you fear death? You fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bail. All your sins PUNISHED.

• me.

I am excited to see what they can do with the movie, but I will be sad if they mess it up. Its such a great movie! But if they do it well,

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Did the conversion of the treehouse trigger enough extra "Tarzan" DVD sales to cover the cost? That would seem to me to be the only justification for the change... that whole "synergy" thing. It's ironic that Disney will now have a new Swiss Family Robinson film, but the matching (and classic) attraction in the park is gone. Of course, there's always the possibility that the remake will bomb. Then, I guess, it won't matter so much.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Happy Memories

the attraction isn't gone entirely. Our Florida treehouse is still Swiss family.