Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Disneyland Submarine Takes to the Road for the Year of a Million Dreams!

Disneyland Resort Press Release

DISNEYLAND SUBMARINE TAKES TO THE ROAD FOR THE YEAR OF A MILLION DREAMS!

ANAHEIM, CALIF. April, 26th, 2007 --- As the new Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is being readied for its June 11 premiere at Disneyland, the Nemo Dream Mobile will be coming out of the water and onto the road beginning May 4 for a spring-summer tour of the West. This road-tripping submarine-on-wheels will bring some of the magic of Disneyland Resort and its new summer attraction to cities in the western United States and Canada.

Designed to resemble one of the yellow submarines in the Disneyland fleet, the Nemo Dream Mobile will travel to Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, Fresno, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Albuquerque, Tucson, Phoenix and other locales, appearing in a variety of settings including landmarks, festivals, schools, aquariums, museums, parks, boys & girls clubs, sporting events and parades.

With a length of 43 feet, a height of nearly 13 feet, and a colorful design evoking the classic Disneyland submarine fleet, the Nemo Dream Mobile will bring news of an all-new submarine attraction opening this summer as part of The Year of a Million Dreams at Disneyland.

Along for the voyage, and appearing atop the Nemo Dream Mobile in select locations, will be Nigel, the friendly pelican from the Disney?Pixar film Finding Nemo, and the scavenging seagulls (“Mine, Mine, Mine”) from the movie. The vehicle will also convert, on select occasions, into an “aquarium on wheels,” featuring surprise appearances by Crush, the cruisin’ turtle from Finding Nemo, who can take questions and chat with small groups of guests in a “road show” version of “Turtle Talk with Crush,” the popular interactive animation experience from Disneyland Resort.

The Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, debuting June 11, will feature extensively enhanced versions of the original 1959 Disneyland submarines in a new adventure with Nemo and his fish friends from the Disney?Pixar movie Finding Nemo. Submarine voyagers will go on an underwater expedition featuring cutting-edge imaging technology which will bring the Finding Nemo characters amazingly to life.

The Nemo Dream Mobile will make its first stops May 4 through 6 in Vancouver, British Columbia. It will voyage onward according to the following itinerary:

May 7-11 - Seattle, Washington

May 14-15 - Portland, Oregon

May 17-23 - San Francisco Bay Area, San Jose, California

May 24-30 - Sacramento area, California

May 31 – June 1 - Fresno, California

June 4-6 - Salt Lake City, Utah

June 11 - Disneyland for “Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage” launch

June 13-15 - Las Vegas, Nevada

June 17-18 - Albuquerque, New Mexico

June 21-22 - Tucson, Arizona

June 26-29 - Phoenix, Arizona

Highlighted this summer by the Grand Opening of the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, the Year of a Million Dreams celebration at Disneyland Resort features a full lineup of immersive character encounters and other “Dream-Come-True” experiences. Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida are making literally millions of dreams, large and small, come true for eligible guests. Many money-can't-buy experiences—from exclusive Dream FASTPASSES for popular Disney attractions to around-the-world vacations or a stay in the special Mickey Mouse Penthouse at the Disneyland Hotel—will be awarded at random. There are opportunities for guests to meet and play with Disney Princesses at Disney Princess Fantasy Faire, join a band of pirates in New Orleans Square, duel with Darth Vader at Jedi Training Academy, or show some school spirit in the High School Musical Pep Rally. "The Year of a Million Dreams" continues throughout 2007.

For more information about new attractions, the “Year of a Million Dreams,” and vacations at Disneyland Resort visit www.disneyland.com or call (866) 60-DISNEY or by visiting local travel agents.

# # #

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win in the Disney Dreams Giveaway. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Open only to legal residents of 50 U.S., D.C., Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico & U.K. Void elsewhere and where prohibited. Giveaway runs October 1, 2006 – December 31, 2007 (mail-in entries postmarked starting September 18, 2006 & received by January 14, 2008 on a 3.5x5 postcard with complete name, address, daytime phone#, birth date and proper postage sent to PO Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126 USA). UK residents only mail to 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Penthouse stay will be awarded most days starting December 1, 2006, will likely be awarded early in the day and will be for a stay that night. Approximate retail value of Mickey Mouse Penthouse Stay US $572. Prizes range in value from US $3.83 to US $83,701. All prize awards are subject to verification. Odds of winning on a given day depend on the number of eligible participants at a selected location or within the mail-in entry pool for the time or date (as applicable) selected. Subject to official rules at www.DisneyParks.com/rules.
    Sponsor: Magic Kingdom Productions, Inc., PO Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830.

For residents of Canada, a mathematical skill-testing question must be correctly answered to win any prize.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• It's all about Theme!

Re: Disneyland Submarine Takes to the Road for the Year of a Million Dreams!

Cool! Anything being given out?
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Golden State of Mind

very nice too bad i live on the east coast

• Shablagoo!

NEATO! It's coming to seattle soon. HMMMM.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    Cool! Anything being given out?
    I hope it's those little Oscar Meyer hotdog-mobile whistles!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Loves Fajita!

Awesome! I am like 15 minutes from downtown Seattle! Cant wait to check it out!

We will definitely be looking for it in Phoenix.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Yay! A Phoenix Appearance. Hopefully this time it will
    be available for public viewing (unlike the Golden Ears
    balloon that was ONLY available to the press! Are you
    listening Disney ~ real people want to it too! )

If someone know when and where it will be in Phoenix
    let us know! They were REAL slow at getting this info
    out on other similar tours.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I met up with Tikiroomliz and Mtsplash yesterday at the park and Mtsplash said he saw this in front of the castle earlier yesterday. He said it looked like they were filming a commercial. I am sure he took pictures but he is on the plane back to Minnesota as I am writing this. So stay tuned. I am sure that he will post something!

BTW that kid is like Forrest Gump! LOL He seems to always be at the right place at the right time. He's the one that brought us the infamous sub lagoon puddle pictures!

Yes, it was there in front of the castle yesterday. Awesome doesn't even really descibe it!! I was there too and actually got to be part of the "show." It has Turtle Talk with Crush on the bus. Very clever how they are able to do that on the bus. A few seagulls and the pelican sit on top of the bus and are animatronic. My kids loved it. I have to say, for the "Year of A Million Dreams" mine was fulfilled. I got to be part of something you don't normally get to see at Disneyland.

• Shablagoo!

For those of you in Vancouver I found a location list for you.

Vancouver
    May 4th

May 5th - Vancouver Aquarium (2pm - 5pm)
    May 6th - Vancouver International Marathon after-race party
    Now if I could find one for Seattle.

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Where in Fresno?

I'm shocked it's even coming here.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Here are the pictures. Is it me, or does it look like they purchased an old Oscar Meyer Weiner-mobile and painted it to look like a Nemo Sub?

Also, look closely at the video screen on the side of the sub. You can clearly see the Turtle Talk with Crush screen that they will be using in "Select Locations".

Last edited by Dustysage; 05-01-2007 at 03:54 PM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Any know where in Fresno, Ca it will be?

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matcase View Post
    Any know where in Fresno, Ca it will be?
    That's what I'm trying to find out.

I hope they don't do what they did with the balloon, say Fresno but land in Clovis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast