Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Batman Begins- my thoughts

Ok, I saw this movie this evening. Now let me start by saying that I am not a huge fan of the "Batman" series, nor am I am comic afficianado. That being said- go see this movie. It is certainly the best of the series, and, IMHO, one of the best of the "comic" book movies to date. I think it certainly ranks above both "X-Men" films and comes close to the "Spiderman" series. It was very interesting and entertaining- it was long, but held my complete attention. I really enjoyed it- this is what a summer movie is suppossed to be and I think it will do very well. The performances are great- Christian Bale is the best Batman I have seen. Also great is Michael Caine as Albert, he brings great personality and humanity to the role. Gary Oldman is perfect as Officer Gordon and Morgan Freeman's cameo is fine as usual. Even Katie Holmes does not detract from the film. I am curious to hear what others thought......
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Circle of Ancients

Okay, a couple of questions:

I'm assuming the movie is PG-13. Is there anything in the movie that is any more intense than Spiderman/Xmen/Star Wars III? My 7 y/o loves comic book movies and wants to see this one bad.

I didn't think it looked that great, but with all the good reviews this thing is getting I may need to take him to see it.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I did not think it was that intense- the violence is bloodless. However, the villian uses a psychotropic drug on his victims, so some of the visuals are a little scary as you see some scenes from their point of view, but I think it would be ok to take a little one to. If he can handle SW3, then this movie will be fine for him.

I also was not really looking forward to seeing this film, but I was assigned to check it on opening day and decided to hang out and see it- I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I was really looking forward to Mr. and Mrs. Smith, but I enjoyed this film much much more.

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I forgot to add- there is a GREAT selection of trailers shown on this movie- you could see:

Sky High
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    Dukes of Hazzard
    Brothers Grimm
    The Island
    Serenity

Lots of great stuff coming this summer!

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    I did not think it was that intense- the violence is bloodless. However, the villian uses a psychotropic drug on his victims, so some of the visuals are a little scary as you see some scenes from their point of view, but I think it would be ok to take a little one to. If he can handle SW3, then this movie will be fine for him.
    Jr Miss Sunnygirl is a mature 10, and the hallucinogenic scenes really kind of freaked her out. Other than that, she loved it, and I loved it. I have to agree, Christian Bale is the best. Batman. Ever.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    Really enjoyed the film as well. Again, Christian Bale - quite beautiful, a perfect Batman! The action set pieces especially the bat swarms were gorgeous as was the new Batmobile.
    It was great to meet everyone tonight as well, let's do it again!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    Sunnygirl - THANK YOU!

• All you need is LOVE

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    I forgot to add- there is a GREAT selection of trailers shown on this movie- you could see:

Sky High
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    Dukes of Hazzard
    Brothers Grimm
    The Island
    Serenity

Lots of great stuff coming this summer!
    Firstly, can I just express my meaningless anger at not being able to view these trailers as I am STUCK ON AN ISLAND. I got the Fantastic 4, The Island and War of the Worlds. Seen em all before.

Secondly, can I just express my meaningless joy at this film! I too have never been a big Batman fan, the plastic nipples in Batman Forever told me this was a film to keep away from. But Batman Begins takes a completely different turn.

It had it all. Perfect villains, perfect scenes, some kick-*** moves, emotion, and humour (excuse the British spelling). Christian Bale is really really good, Morgan Freeman was very funny (especially at the end), and Liam Neeson just made me . Good villain though. That Scarecrow is F-R-E-A-K-Y!

The hairs on the back of my neck stood up when Katie Holmes finally found out who her hero Batman really was! And it explained why Bruce Wayne chose the bat as his symbol n stuff. This IS the best Batman film, it kicks all the other's metaphorical ***** (including the Tim Burton ones), Christopher Nolan is a fantastic director - and I got a chill up my spine when Gordan revealed the next crime lord Batman has to face.....I'm not saying any names, but you get two in every pack of cards. This film is the best, you must see it.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Space Mountain Expert

I also saw this film yesterday and I completely, whole-heartedly agree with everyone.
    DO NOT MISS THIS MOVIE while it's playing on the biggest screens in your theaters. It captured the essence that is Batman perfectly and I'll say it till I die... This is the best Batman movie ever and Christian is the perfect Bruce Wayne / Batman EVER!!!!
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

• șoș Tom șoș

Well...

I am a bit of a mild comicbook fanboy---It shouldn't come as a shock to most of you. I was always a Batman/Superman fan growing up and loved the original movie and even loved the follow up and then I was betrayed. Luckly my back up was a fantastic cartoon series that retold the best Batman story arcs. As an adult I pour over old trade paperbacks of Batman, eating up what to my mind is the most interesting psyhological character of our last century...

That said, this move excelled beyond my wildest expectation borrowing on material from one my favorite books "Batman: Year One." Director Christoper Nolan (of Memento fame) and screenwriter (David Goyer) brought Bruce Wayne, Batman and all the toys in to a modern setting without abandoning the classic noir feel.

I felt like very little of the character was left behind. Unlike Spiderman, which seemingly took one of my favorite characters and turned him into a sappy sad shadow of his former self, this movie stays so much closer to the spirit of both Batman and Bruce Wayne, I couldn't be more happy, impressed and inspired.

Mostly I am thrilled with the casting, plot, villians and direction. This is and was the best comic book movie I have ever seen bar none.

• done

We saw the film this afternoon, and I really enjoyed it. I didn't bother to see the George Clooney version, and I never thought either Val Kilmer or Michael Keaton did the role justice. Christian Bale was excellent, though he sure has buffed up. But then, I always remember him as that kid from "Empire of the Sun".

So many terrific actors were in the film - Michael Caine (what a great characterization of Alfred, with such quiet but ferocious dignity), Morgan Freeman (who's always great to watch), Rutger Hauer, Tom Wilkinson, and of course, Liam Neeson. It was very distracting with all the Jedi-like stuff, though.

I thought the story development was terrific, and I really liked seeing the development of Batman - something I thought was handled horribly in the Michael Keaton/Jack Nicholson version.

And the score was awesome.

• Minion

Great movie but...

Did Christian Bale's "speech" patterns bother anyone else? I don't know exactly how to classify it, but it's almost like a lisp. So everytime he tried to be serious I laughed because Batman had a lisp...

And why did he try so hard to change his voice when he was Batman. It was almost comical!

Other than that though, good stuff, and I'm pretty excited about seeing the sequel!

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    Great movie but...

Did Christian Bale's "speech" patterns bother anyone else? I don't know exactly how to classify it, but it's almost like a lisp. So everytime he tried to be serious I laughed because Batman had a lisp...
    I think it was a direct reflection of what Gotham was supposed to represent. Gotham is Philly and New York mixed together and his accent was supposed to reflect that in some respect.
    And why did he try so hard to change his voice when he was Batman. It was almost comical!
    At least he did something with his voice, previous actors who steped into the cape and cowl failed miserably to create an alternative persona. It was clear we were watching the seperation of Bruce Wayne and Batman in this film. If you go back and watch the cartoon series of the early 90's the actor who voiced Batman/Bruce Wayne did the same thing and I think it was not comical at all.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    I think it was a direct reflection of what Gotham was supposed to represent. Gotham is Philly and New York mixed together and his accent was supposed to reflect that in some respect.
    At least he did something with his voice, previous actors who steped into the cape and cowl failed miserably to create an alternative persona. It was clear we were watching the seperation of Bruce Wayne and Batman in this film. If you go back and watch the cartoon series of the early 90's the actor who voiced Batman/Bruce Wayne did the same thing and I think it was not comical at all.
    Christian Bale talks like that in general. It's just his pattern of speech. In all his movies you can hear it. Every time he interrogated somone, that kept popping in my head!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast