Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

MiceChat Gets Wicked!

(Pictures will follow from other people who were at the show. I think the only picture I took was of the curtain.)

First of all, I need to thank everyone who joined us at the Pantages this afternoon to see Wicked - all 61 of us! We started planning this way back at the beginning of September. I thought the day would never get here. I have to qualify this by saying that I am a big musical fan. I love being able to share my love with others. It gave me great joy to be able to share my love for Wicked with the people I saw the show with in July 2005. I figured that we could have a lot more fun this time around. I wasn't disappointed.

The day started off with getting the family ready to head out of the Inland Empire. The kids were going to spend some quality time with their grandparents while my husband and I were at Wicked. As always happens, we were running late. Even with having to finish getting ready at my parent's house when we dropped the kids off, we were in front of the theater in plenty of time to hand out tickets.

Quite a few people were already waiting outside the theater. The first hug I got was from Fishbulb. Always a treat to get a hug from him. I hung out in front of the theater as I waited for everyone who still needed their tickets. I dropped off a couple pairs of tickets at Will Call for those who were stuck in traffic, then went into the theater.

As I made my way to the door that lead me to my seat, I recognized Trent from Pink Is the New Blog. I read PITNB religiously. I told him about the group we were with since I knew that he had been to Disneyland recently. After chatting with him for a minute, I headed down the aisle to find my husband and my seat.

Our seats were fantastic! I loved being able to see everything so closely. I was amazed to see the detail in the costumes and sets. The one touch on the costumes I loved was that everyone had a unique pair of shoes. From different colors, shapes, heights and designs.

The performances were incredible. I had been told that Eden Espinosa and Megan Hilty were good. I loved both of their performances. Dusty and I were talking about how much better we thought this performance was over the show we saw that was part of the tour in July 2005. The cast seems to really be comfortable in their roles. Eden Espinosa blew me away with how perfectly she captured Elphaba. Megan Hilty was great as Glinda, although I thought that she matched Kendra Kessebaum's talent in the role. I was happy to see a better Fiyero this time around.

This is going to end up being a two part trip report. My brain has decided that it needs to be restified.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Still wants to be a cat!

Re: MiceChat Gets Wicked!

It was such a wonderful show and such wonderful company!

Maybe we could do Mary Poppins when it show up in town!

Thanks to Mamabot for arranging this great Micechat Event!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Circle of Ancients

Thank you so much for organizing this event Mamabot! Wehad a wonerful time form start to finish. The songs have been going through my head all night long.

• Still wants to be a cat!

You did buy the Soundtrack...didn't you and listen to it in the car? We did! It was great, lasted all the way back home!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I saw PB buying the soundtrack when she bought her program.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Circle of Ancients

I bought it but I didn't l;isten to it cuz I wanted to relive the live version in my mind for now. I'll always have great memories of this show!

It was also fun after the show when everyone was picking out shirts and stuff. The pink Popular shirt that D Mom bought was my favorite. I also gotta say ......"that is one hot son she's got" You'd better watch out Dmom ..I think you are in for it!

• no flash photography...

I just got home from seeing wicked. It was great. Longer than I thought, but very good.

I didn't buy anything from the theater, because I've seen it all online. I liked the $50.00 book, but I left it.

It was a wonderful show...

edited to add. I just found he same book online for $26.40. I'm really glad I didn't buy it there now... It will be here on wed with free shipping..>
    Last edited by SCUBAbe; 04-29-2007 at 12:38 AM. Reason: I got the book

• Circle of Ancients

Glad you all had a great time.

Sorry we missed it. Can't wait to hear more reports/pictures.

• Oh my Goodness!

I am so thrilled you all had a wonderful time! While I am sad that I couldn't be there with you it makes my heart happy that so many of you were enjoying the magic of theatre together. Sounds cheesy - but I think those of you who were there will understand.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

PICS PLEASE! I was off duty yesterday as I wanted nothing more than to enjoy one of my favorite musicals. Thanks Mamabot for organizing this event. It went off without a single hitch and everyone was kept totaly in the know about what was happening.

GREAT JOB and THANK YOU
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Earth Intruder

Well lotsa people took pics so they should be up soon. I had a friggin BLAST!!

Oh and Mamabot, thank you SO MUCH for all your hard work in organizing this event!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo*muah*
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Circle of Ancients

Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time. I'm glad you enjoyed the show.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Wish I could have been there- sounds like it was amazing!

Can't wait to see pics!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• no flash photography...

I didn't bring a camera. I knew there was no pictures aloud in the seating area. Before the show started there were a few flashes going off, but the ushers kept telling people to stop, then they made an announcement. Once the show started I didn't see any more flashes going off. I was happy people respected the rules.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast