Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by saweetmelody7
    I forgot about that one! Kids in Corparated...K-I-D-S!!
    Exactly!! I've had it stuck in my head for the last hour!!! :devil:

• a saweet songbird =)

hahahaha...remeber how theyd always meet in the streets...and everybody wore those horrible, bright-neon, eighties clothing and glasses...man im so glad you mentioned that one! ha ha ha ha

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by saweetmelody7
    hahahaha...remeber how theyd always meet in the streets...and everybody wore those horrible, bright-neon, eighties clothing and glasses...man im so glad you mentioned that one! ha ha ha ha
    That wasn't horrible!! It was sa-weet!!! My hair was glorious big and large and long like all the girls on the show, so I knew I was cool there. My friend Sheri, though, dressed like all the girls on the show....lots of belts, knee-length lycra pants under cute little mini skirts, huge beads, side pony tails. She was the coolest. I was all about the hair.

• a saweet songbird =)

no no no you miss understood me...it was awefully wonderful and definately good to look back on and laugh about later!! That's why I thanked you! TRUST ME...I was alll about side ponytales and leggins!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries
    I didn't have cable when I was growing up, so no Disney Channel. But I watched it whenever I could - friend's houses, babysitting... I LOVED it! MMC and Kids Inc... the toons... man the good stuff. It's OK now, but not the same.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Disney Channel

I grew up in the time after Walt in Orlando. The first time I went to Disney World was 1976, and they showed great respect for him. I learned about him by watching the old (or as I like to call them: classic) programs & films.

As I became older I put Disney in the back of my head, but still enjoyed the Walt-era work. Over the past 5 years I have been trying to rediscover Walt, his 9 Old Men, Mary Blair, John Hench, Sam McKim, and the host of other talented people who made brilliance. But alas, finding this material from The Disney Company has been challenging. Just a few years ago the Disney Channel discontinued the Ink & Paint Club, which was one of the few redeeming programs left, and replaced it with the same 'tween' schlock they showed during the afternoon.

The Disney Channel once made people want to go to the parks, see the films, & buy the toys by actually highlighting Disney and Walt's legacy. Now it is hard to find any Disney on the Disney Channel. The "synergy" the current management always speaks of has become broken. The company has become far too large and can no longer focus on quality, now quantity and short term gains are their plan.

Disney has gone against so many of the things Walt stood for: Sequels (must I use the 'pigs' reference again), Trends (Walt led, he didn't follow), Ethics (buying sub-par 'products' and throwing the Disney name on it).

Just answer me this:
    "Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!" wasn't that the punch-line to a joke about kids shows?

Bring back the Walt Disney Company!

• Will my faith return?

I honestly don't think I have watched an entire show on the Disney channel in more than 15 years. Every time I click past it (Which is not often thanks to digital cable), it's showing something with the olsen robot twins in it. Not the new tabloid loving olsens, but the 14 year old merchandising-robo-olsens.

I hate the message Disney gives you that if you are not between the ages of 9 and 11 and a half you are not supposed to watch the Disney channel, and if you are not a 2 year old or the parent of a 2 year old you are not supposed to shop at the Disney store.

If you like the Disney that has anything remotely to do with the history of disney of the W-word (Him who must remain nameless in the land of Eisner), you must shell out at lest 49.99 per DVD to do it, but never in a Disney store, because they need to make room for the new line of Princess diaper bags.

How is a non So-cal or florida girl supposed to get her fix of the real Disney anyway? it's enough to make anybody a cynic.

I really miss the old Disney Channel (and Nickelodeon). I LOVED the MMC. I wanted one of their letter jackets sooooo badly! I saw Dee Dee from the MMC a few years back in Miss Saigon on Broadway.

The only thing that I like on the Disney Channel anymore is the Playhouse Disney stuff. My daughter loves The Wiggles and Jo Jo's Circus. I tivo House of Mouse a couple of times a week for her to watch, but it comes on at like 3:30am here.

• Shubisha

I loved the Disney Channel when i was little =D They showed so many old Disney cartoons, beit Lambert the sheepish lion or old mickey mouse, donald duck, or goofy cartoons.

I swear I woke up at 5am when I was like 6 years old just to watch Mousercise for no reason. The Wuzzles was the first disney cartoon I ever watched, and I watched that along with The New Adventures of winnie the pooh, Pooh corner, and Dumbo's circus each saturday morning too.

• On Autopilot

I also remember when the Disney channel had the older Disney cartoons (Rescue Rangers, Duck Tales, and Pooh Corner were awsome) now I look at the channel and cringe, the only thing worth being called Disney (in my opinion) is Kim Possible.

Seriously, anyone who thinks Dave the Barbarian and Brandy and Mr. Whiskers was a good idea should be slapped and then shot in the foot...

Bring back Zorro! XD I live for his bad guitar playing!

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    Disney's newest cartoon, The Buzz on Maggie, is not entirely that bad. Nothing unique (reminds me a bit of Lloyd in Space almost), but it's okay.

• Shubisha

Toon Disney bought Power Rangers and started showing that last month. That's just.....not disney :P

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    I am a little suprised. The Buzz on Maggie isn't really top quality entertainment but it could be a lot worse. Maybe Disney has begun traveling down the road of better shows.

Quote Originally Posted by almandot
    Toon Disney bought Power Rangers and started showing that last month. That's just.....not disney :P
    actualy Disney bought all of Fox's old Fox Kids programs I believe (or more accuratly everything that belonged to Saban entertainment which had in the past few years become Fox's only program provider)

and yeah Disney has been using Jetex to foist all of Power Rangers huge backlog of shows (it's run for about 12 seasons now and the first four seasons ranked in at about 60 episodes each and the following seasons went down to 50 45 40 until it leveled out at around 30-36 eps a season)

Disney probably doesn't know what to do with a program that has that many episodes 9_9 after all they kill all of their programs once they reach over 65

what really hurts is that Power Rangers isn't toons

sometimes I question if Disney knows what to do at all with it's TVstations o_o

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Must be civil...must be civil...(exhale)

Okay, so i'm another person who's vehemently ticked about the way The Disney Channel's changed throughout the last few years. But to spare everyone's feelings...i'm going to TRY to be civil about it. As civil as I can muster, anyway. For there's one thing that irritated the holy living sea monkeys out of me.

Okay so...I was FINE with them showing new shows for teenage kids in the daytime hours. I was FINE with them having a toddlers block for the smaller set in the morning. But why...in great Gouda's name...did they take off VAULT DISNEY? I mean, that was ONE thing I enjoyed about Late Nite Disney Channel, all the old vintage stuff from the 50's, 60's and 70's that they had on. I loved all the shows, and DTV, songs they had set to classic disney clips. And I'm not gonna forget to mention that little computer animated ride snippet they had whenever Vault Disney started. You'd think with the good amount of history those shows have and all the Baby Boomers out there, they'd of kept it. But NOPE! they got rid of it. And for WHAT? Recycled reruns of shows they have on in their AFTERNOON hours! Uhh...excuse me, correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought kids were supposed to get to -sleep- at some point in the night? o_O Ugh.

I also had a rant about Power Rangers being on Toon Disney...but i'll stop here.

*gets off of soap box*

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast