Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Does anybody else miss "The (real) Disney Channel"?

I'm an 80's kid and used to love the Disney Channel. It was the only thing I would watch. It was so good, so retro, it was the best. I loved all the classic movies and show they wold play. They had so much Disney retro nostalgia every day of the week. It's nothing that you could ever feel these days. It used to be hardcore Disney. It was such a great feeling to always watch it when I was a kid. You would see movies like Tron, Herbie, Apple-Dumpling Gang, Winnie the Pooh, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, etc. Retro Vault Disney shows like Spin ad Marty, Zorro, and Mickey Mouse Club. Old shows like the 80's Mouse Club, ummi Bears, Dumbo's Circus, Welcome to Pooh Corner, Ducktales, The Wuzzles, Fraggle Rock, Rescue Rangers, Mickey's MouseTracks, Donald's Quack Attack, etc. Now it's all for teenagers. It's "What's In" style sickens me. I hate all these new shows and music videos like Lizzie Mcguire, Kimpossibe, The Jersey, Bug Juice, The Famous Jett Jackson and all that other teen related stuff. There's no more classic stuff, you cant get that REAL Disney feel no more because it doesnt offer it anymore throughout its 24 hour schedule. It all ended for me around 97 or 98 or maybe even earier. Does anybody remember any other shows throughout that era? Does anybody feel the way I do?

The old Disney Channel Logo, oh, that brings back so many couch sitting memories. http://www.tron-sector.com/gallery/s...?ID=1063&t=150
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    I just hate the crap they have now...I want to see CLASSIC disney...not teenybopper crapola! I want to see the classic Zorro, the classic Davy Crocket, the classic Mickey Mouse Club, the classic Walt Disney the Presents the CLASSICS!!! I don't want the new age Everyone loves Raven, and the Hillary Duff slutfest...I want good old fashioned Disney!

Edit:
    P.S. THE CLASSIC MICKEY MOUSE AND DISNEY ANIMATION!
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

I used to watch it 24/7, now I dont even watch one minute. I just pass that channel up and call it "The Disgrace Channel".
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

i agree whole heartedly, there are so many different things the disney channel could do to get back on track (even in a modern way.) I'd like to see more adult oriented showes at night, like the hotels or a 1/2 long show thats preformed at the park i.e. the lion king show at AK. I watch the travel channel when great hotels does a peice on the hotels or when they have a 4 hour block about the parks. if disneys showed what the resorts had to offer and what was coming soon i would watch way more, and how culd you forget waking up in the morning to Mousericise! The house of mouse is pretty good though,
    wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
    00 off property with future wife
    00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
    01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
    02 off property with inlaws
    03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
    06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by disney24/7
    The house of mouse is pretty good though,
    I agree, it at least lets modern kids these days know who mickey mouse is....
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries
    My grandson and I would deliberately stay up late, so that we could watch Zorro. It was always followed by Mickey Mouse Club. They called it Vault Disney and it had all the stuff that I used to watch, way back in the 50's.

I don't know why they felt the need to discontinue this, and only put on all the new shows. Lizzy Mcquire and Kim Possible get so tedious after while. Raven, is not to be believed. Seems to me the new shows could have been integrated into the schedule, leaving the good "older" stuff.

Well, what do we know? We are only the fans. Disney does what it wants, and sometimes, I wonder if they truly care about the "older fans". Maybe they are only trying to attract the younger ones. I understand the children like the newer shows. My grandson, also loved Zorro, and Mickey Mouse Club. Vault Disney reruns, became a special, "very late night treat" for us.

Well my television remote, has an off button, and the Disney channel is "off" a lot of the time.

• Brandys MOM

Add us to the list of the "why bother" crew. It started 'innocently' enough....going from no breaks/commercials when they would play one of the movies or series like Zorro or Spin and Marty....to adding a 'break' that was just something to annoy you if you were recording the movie for the kids to watch at 'will' considering back then the vhs craze was just really blooming and Disney videos went for 24.99 instead of less than 10 like now....then they did the move the classic stuff to LATE night...and the breaks in the movies/series became even more "commercials" .....they added the crapola from McDonalds when they added McDonalds to the park, and of course Coke had their moments....so much for a premium channel we PAID for....when it became a "free" extended channel I could hear the death keel for the Disney Channel as we knew and loved it and I wish I had been wrong but I rarely ever even bother to turn it on now....all my daughters favorites are gone with the exception of the Wiggles, and with that new creepy freak show doodlebops/bugs/whatever the hell they are I'm sure that the boys from down under will be gone sooner than later
    "Sometimes Miracles Hide"

• Just Me

Add me to the "missing it" list. I loved that every afternoon they played a classic movie, often a musical from the 50-60's. It always started just as I got home from my last class at school, around 1ish. I also miss some of their early morning offerings. I actually enjoyed the Alice one and I loved Bear. Now that The Boy is no longer in the preschool set I don't know what is on there. That is one channel we never have on. Both The Boy and The Hubby (both into cartoons) prefer Cartoon Network followed by Nickolodean.

• Circle of Ancients

The ONLY thing we watch on the Disney Channel anymore is Lezzie ... um ... Lizzie McGuire. Other than that it's nada, zip zilch.

• e komo mai

I miss Vault Disney. I miss watching the old Disneyland shows which featured the building of DL and the Spin and Marty episodes.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    I don't really mind the Disney Channel so much. It's one of the few "kid" channels my mature 10 year old will watch. We love Kim Possible and Even Stevens and even Lizzie McGuire.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Minion

They're neglecting too much of the Disney fan base... Think about it, there are at least 2500 members on this board alone. All of which would pay for a quality adult oriented Disney channel. There's so much money to be made that it's ridiculous that Disney hasn't started yet.

• Just Me

I would rather have a Vault Disney channel than a Toon Disney channel.

• insufferable know-it-all

I second the Vault Disney Channel line of thinking... either that, or re-brand the current Disney Channel lineup as "Teen Disney", move that crud to the ABC Family Channel, and give us classics on the "real" Disney Channel.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    I watched the disney Channel when it first debuted. It was on only half a day but it was ripe with classic old disney movies, TV shows and cartoons. The problem was, they ran out of material and kept running the same stuff over and over again. I would love to see some of the stuff again as the DC now is a wasteland and I never watch it. Disney did the same thing to Radio Disney.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast