View Poll Results: WHich is your favorite show?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Emeril Live(Emeril Lagase)

0 0%
  • Good Eats(Alton Brown)

17 37.78%
  • 30 Minute Meals(Rachel Ray)

3 6.67%
  • Everyday Italian(Giada Delaurentiis)

4 8.89%
  • Paula's Home Cooking(Paula Dean)

6 13.33%
  • Iron Chef America

6 13.33%
  • Mario Eats Italy(Mario Batali and Rooney)

0 0%
  • Original Iron Chef

3 6.67%
  • Door Knock Dinners(Gordon Elliot)

0 0%
  • Food Netwrok Challenge

6 13.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Grumpy old man

Re: Food Network Shows... Past and Present

I love Good Eats. I was also a huge fan of the original Iron Chef and through the American version would be really good, especially since Alton was doing the commentary, but it really just doesn't live up to the original. The on floor commenter is pretty annoying and the host seems to be trying really hard like the originals but just falls short. Plus anything with Bobby Flay does not get my seal of approval, I dislike that guy almost as much as I dislike Emeril.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by TAKINGtheBULLET View Post
    Agree with EVERYTHING there. Ina Garten is annoying as hell, and Unwrapped is terrible. I cannot stand the way he pronounces his...words. Every sentence is so dramatic.
    Alton has the personality, and yes, Giada is hot. But have you ever noticed how everything in the freaking world makes her ?
    Oh, and I'm glad Emerill is losing. He is by far the most overated person on that channel. He's got the same old shtick and for some reason everyone loves him! It's like Hulk Hogan circa 1993...it's just tired, same lines, same dishes, same catchphrases.

You are hilarious.

Giada is way hot, and I think she is high on life, or something else... She is way too excited, but then so is my girl Rachel Ray, who at first I thought she needed to be committed. I watched her 'Chefogrophy' and it was really neat to see that she worked for everything she had. She started in a grocery store demoing items, and now she is in a great place, so good for her.

Emerill needs to hang it up now. His hair freaks me out, it is as black as night, and you can see the spray hair. Yikes, that is the opposite of 'Bam!'

Maybe we can make Emeril be the new poster boy, and say, "Snap into slim jim'

• May the F=ma be with you

Add me to the "I dislike Emeril Club". I have had the opportunity to be present at a live recording of his show and it actually surprized me that most of the cooking is done on the set. Also, the food(Turky Meatloaf) was not that bad.
    I also like many of the other shows that have been mentioned. The original Grillin n' Chillin was great. I really liked Bobby's partner Jack. Now, Bobby has become more of a show off with his Iron Chef and Throwdown roles.
    Alton's Road Tasted series was incredible. It is so interesting to see "true" American cuisine.
    Ready Set Cook, Cooking Live, Two Hot Tamales and Sweet Dreams were some other great shows. There are a plethera that I can mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• That Guy

I was just checking out the Charm City Cake site. I cannot believe that the smallest, cheapest cake is $500. FOR A CAKE. Holy crap. I hope that even when I can afford that, someone slaps me in the face with a fish, and doesn't let me buy a $500 cake. I would rather have a $30 cake, and a $470 gift.

Moving on, how do they eat those cakes? They have to peel away the fondant first, right? Or do they just cut through them and eat all the crap?

• Yes?

I voted for Food Network Challenge. I like the fact that it is always something different and there is always oppourtunity to see something crash to floor.

-I also love Good Eats and Alton Brown but he seems to be running out of topics or I've just burnt out on it right now.

-Ina Garten can just take her over-pretentious self and disappear into Martha's Vineyard for all I care. It kills me that she thinks she is being so helpful while driving around in her convertible BMW.

-Giada is just too skinny....I don't beleive she ever eats anything she cooks.

-Rachel Ray...I used to like her but now she gets on my nerves with her Yummo! and Delish! My husband and I created a drinking game, that everytime she said either word during 30 minute meals you had to do a shot....needless to say we never made it to any food because we were too drunk.

-Paula Deen...I live in the south and know way too many people like her, plus the first time I saw her do her crockpot Pot Roast I almost choked...my recipe is exactly the same...why don't I get paid as much to make it as she does?!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot View Post
    Semi-Homemade (please don't flame me!)
    Why should you be flamed? I love Sandra Lee! Okay, so I could do without the tablescapes and new kitchen every episode. But her recipes are more like what regular people cook like. And I've seen her Chefography and she has had a tough life and really made something of herself.

Rachel Ray: Good recipes, annoying as heck. "EVOO" "Yummo" Ick.

Emeril: Overkill. Overdone. OverBam. So overEmeril. "Another notch!"

Alton: Interesting to LEARN about food, chemistry, etc.

Paula: Love her recipes. But can make them only once in a while. Seriously unhealty but tasty.

Giada: Yes, hot. But she creeps me out!

Miss the Two Fat Ladies. Gross English food, but very entertaining!

• Lincoln and Julie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    Maybe we can make Emeril be the new poster boy, and say, "Snap into slim jim'
    haha, you read my mind...'Oh yeeeeaaahhhhh!!!!!'

Oh, and PrincessY, I miss the two fat ladies too. It's been so long, but your post reminded my how ridiculously funny they were! Kudos for reminding me!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123