High School Musical - The Concert
Length: 52 minutes
Release Date: March 20, 2007
Rating: 4 out of 4 Stars
1. Cast – Start Of Something New
2. Cast – Stick To The Status Quo
3. Cast – I Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
4. Vanessa Hudgens – When There Was Me And You
5. Drew Seeley & Corbin Bleu – Get'cha Head In The Game
6. Drew Seeley & Vanessa Hudgens – What I've Been Looking For
7. Ashley Tisdale & Lucas Grabeel – What I've Been Looking For
8. Ashley Tisdale & Lucas Grabeel – Bop To The Top
9. Vanessa Hudgens & Drew Seeley – Breaking Free
10. Cast – We're All In This Together
11. Corbin Bleu – Push It To The Limit
12. Vanessa Hudgens – Say OK
13. Drew Seeley – Dance With Me
14. Ashley Tisdale – We'll Be Together
1. Start Of Something New
2. Get'cha Head In The Game
3. Bop To The Top
4. Breaking Free
5. We're All In This Together
6. A Closer Look - Behind The Scenes (duration 9:30)
Within the first minute of High School Musical – The Concert it’s hard not to realize there’s a new character with a familiar voice that brings a ton of life tot he show – Drew Seeley. With all due respect to the cast who have put High School Musical on the map, it’s a treat to see the voice that moved us on the original soundtrack and co-wrote the song Get’cha Head In The Game.
From the opening track to the bonus concert extras the crowd and the live band infuse your favorite songs with intensity and energy. In addition, the ensemble adds to the choruses to make them friendlier for sing-a-longs in the car. Some of the numbers come off even better than the soundtrack such as Bop To The Top and Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You. A few arrangements that have been transposed might seem a little awkward at first and at times Vanessa Hudgens struggles but at least she is singing live.
One thing a lot of fans will be excited for are the extra tracks that feature Corbin, Vanessa, Drew and Ashley in their solo performances. The highlight here is Dance With Me by Drew Seeley (and it will be even better on the video that will feature Monique Coleman’s dance number).
The companion DVD serves as a tease of what’s to come in the Extreme Access Pass by featuring five live performances and a great behind the scenes segments. I won’t spoil it, but will say it’s a great look at all of the faces on the tour and what goes on backstage.
Even if you are still loving the original soundtrack to High School Musical this is a must have addition. It’s so familiar yet new at the same time.
What Team? Wildcats!