Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Drunk On Disney

Post Movies that are NOT on dvd...

I got this idea while reading THIS THREAD about Pinocchio and The Emperor of the Night (1987).

As I click through pages on AMAZON I am often surprised at how many movies, TV shows, TV specials and more are available on DVD. Good, bad and worse- most everything is on there.

But occasionally I look for a film, only to find it hasn't made it to DVD.

Here are a few:

Goldie & the Boxer/Goldie & the Boxer go to Hollywood: These two films were made for TV in the late 1970's and early 1980's.
    Taking place in 1946 it stars OJ Simpson as a soldier who ends up with custody of his friend's daughter. Phil Silvers and Gordon Jump co-starred in the first film. These films were recently shown on Encore.

Hambone & Hillie: This is an adorable film about a dog that travels across the country to go home (sorta like Homeward Bound) along the way Hambone meets characters played by Alan Hale Jr (The Skipper from Gilligan's Island), Wil Wheaton, OJ Simpson and Nicole Eggert. Best of all his owner was played by the legendary Lillian Gish!

Angels Revenge: a 1979 movie also known as Angels' Brigade and Seven from Heaven. It did appear on MST3K and is available on DVD as part of that episode, however, the original film is NOT available.
    This is a pretty cool film where some sexy ladies team up to fight drug dealers. Appearing in the film are Jim Backus, Alan Hale Jr. and Jack Palance.

Fraiser the Lovable Lion: This was a neat 1970s film about a guy who can communicate telepathically with Frasier the Lion (a real lion from the Lion Country Safari in SoCal.)

The Kid with the 200 IQ, The Kid from Left Field, The Kid with the Broken Halo: A trio of Gary Coleman/Robert Guillaume flicks (I think they were made for TV.) My favorite is "Broken Halo" where Gary plays an angel.

On the Right Track/Scouts Honor: Two more Gary Coleman films. One he lives in a locker, the other has him trapped in a cave.

Return to Gilligan's Island/Harlem Globetrotters on Gilligan's Island: The first TV movie (Rescue from Gilligan's Island) is available... but I want to see the Harlem Globetrotters play basketball against a robot!

Scavenger Hunt: This is a remake/ripoff of It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World. It features Scatman Cruthers, Vincent Price and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

RAD: One of my all time favorites, this cheesy BMX film hasn't shown up on DVD!

Ski School: A silly romp featuring Dean Cameron and Stuart Fratkin who would go on to star in my favorite unreleased TV show "They Came From Outer Space."

No Holds Barred: Hulk Hogan's big screen grudge match against Zeus! I love this film!

Tougher than Leather: Run DMC play detectives in this film. RUN DMC!

Those are just a few off the top of my head (most of which I have seen recently on VHS.)

Does anyone else have any to add to this list??

• She was sweet as a peach

Re: Movies that are NOT on dvd...

I remember watching Rad one time when I was babysitting. I thought it was pretty good.

I was just thinking of this topic last week when a movie popped in my head that I hadn't seen in ages. The trouble is, now I don't remember what the movie was! I will post when I think of it!

***EDIT***
    I just remembered! It wasn't a movie it was DTV. They release three videos in the early 80's-Rock, Rythmn and Blues; Pop and Rock and Golden Oldies. I mistakenly lent the first two to someone and will probably never see them again. I really would love to have the collection.

In case you don't remember-DTV was Disney's answer to MTV. Disney cartoon clips set to current and oldie music.
    Last edited by jane2073; 05-02-2007 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Remembered info!

• Man O Lantern

I want Knots Landing on DVD!!!
    Sorry for yelling, I'm just sick of it. They released Season One a year ago, with no plans to release the other billion seasons. I would seriously plunk down $400 for the entire series at once, if I could get it!!

• Drunk On Disney

Rad is... uh... RAD!

Here is a few others:

The Phynx: A late 1970s comedy where the government creates a rock band to stop US celebrities from being kidnapped and held hostage in a foreign country.
    Colonel Sanders, James Brown, Joe Louis, Richard Pryor and Fritz Feld are amoung the all star cast.

Skidoo: Jackie Gleason plays a "square" parent who ends up in jail where he experiments with LSD. Groucho Marx, Mickey Rooney and Caesar Romero all appear.

Won Ton Ton the Dog that saved Hollywood: A cute tale of a pup who makes it big. Dozens of old time Hollywood stars appear including Phil Silvers, Art Carney, Dorthy Lamour and Milron Berle.

• my two sunshines

Looking for Richard - the making of Richard II with Al Pacino, Kevin Spacey and numerous others - I love it but only see it on Showtime - I want it badly!

I would also like to get those cheesy 70's for TV movies - just reminds me of growing up - watching them at the afternoon movies - 3:30 on a weekeday (after Medical Center LOL)

• Drunk On Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Trac View Post
    Looking for Richard - the making of Richard II with Al Pacino, Kevin Spacey and numerous others - I love it but only see it on Showtime - I want it badly!
    Interesting! I saw that movie in the theater, I didn't know it had not found it's way to DVD.
    I remember Pacino wearing a "Scent of a Woman" hat and harassing passersby if they didn't have a knowledge of Shakespeare plays.

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

•   

Rad is one I've always tried to find with no luck!
    Two more are:
    Mr Boogedy (sp?) - Disney Halloween Special
    Wizard - Movie with Fred and Corey Savage and Jenny Lewis about his little brother being a video game whiz.

I know there's more but I can't think of them right now.

Do they have Santa Claus on DVD? The one with Dudley Moore as an elf?

• See what I got?

The Legend of Billie Jean. Fair is Fair!

• Drunk On Disney

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    Do they have Santa Claus on DVD? The one with Dudley Moore as an elf?
    Yes it is! Plus, it's a pretty cool Special Edition, to boot!

• Shablagoo!

I really want Gargoyles season 2 volume 2

• See what I got?

The Flight of the Dragons

• Boogers are salty

Return to Giligans Island is on DVD, its one of those cheap dollar dvds you can get at walmart

• Boogers are salty

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    Wizard - Movie with Fred and Corey Savage and Jenny Lewis about his little brother being a video game whiz.
    Wizard is on dvd and there is no one called Corey Savage, Ben Savage (Freds Little Brother) played Corey Matthews on Boy Meets World which by the way is a show that needs to come to DVD, Luke Edwards was the boy in The Wizard.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
    Wizard is on dvd and there is no one called Corey Savage, Ben Savage (Freds Little Brother) played Corey Matthews on Boy Meets World which by the way is a show that needs to come to DVD, Luke Edwards was the boy in The Wizard.
    You're right.
    I forgotteded that.

• Drunk On Disney

Quote Originally Posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
    Return to Giligans Island is on DVD, its one of those cheap dollar dvds you can get at walmart
    That was a mistake on my part. It's not "Return to Gilligan's Island" it's "Castaways on Gilligan's Island" that is not available.

The dollar DVD you speak of is "Rescue from Gilligan's Island."

It's confusing.

Rescue from Gilligan's Island is the one where the castaways lash their huts together to make a boat and are rescued. On land they all have problems. Mary Ann doesn't want to get married. Ginger doesn't want to do nude scenes. The Howells find their friends to be total bores. Eventually they all take a Christmas cruise on the Minnow II and (yup, you guessed it) they get shipwrecked.

Castaways on Gilligan's Island is the one where they fly off the island on a WWII plane and then the Howells buy the island and make it a resort. Most of the movie involves a plot with Tom Bosley as a workaholic who comes to the island for relaxation.

I actually have bought the dollar disc of "Rescue" 4 different times (under different companies)! They each vary greatly with regards to picture and sound quality. I also found different scenes cut and added from release to release.

All three seasons of Gilligan are availble on DVD as was the recent TV movie Surviving Gilligan's Island (about the making of the series- this DVD is currently OOP.)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast