View Poll Results: What did you think of Spider-Man 3?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • * - Couldn't have been worse!

9 9.00%

24 24.00%

32 32.00%

24 24.00%
  • ***** - Couldn't have been better!

11 11.00%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Man O Lantern

Re: Spider-Man 3 Reviews and (non-discriminating) Poll... You Choose!

Quote Originally Posted by TAKINGtheBULLET View Post
    No offense, but I think that anyone who logs into this topic should know it contains spoilers. I really dont want to have to put my thoughts in a little black box
    It's called internet etiquette. You might not want to put your words in a box, but others maybe don't want to read spoilers. If the original poster had intended for spoilers in the thread, he would have posted that.

The spoiler boxes are there for a reason. Use them.

• Minion

Oh, hey Conor!

I loved it, if only this were the sequel to the first installment.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

The Movie sucked out load I could have made a better movie without using 3 villains, Hell I think the third film should have been the Lizard and Spiderman. They made Venom into a a stupid villain, Eddie Brock was in the film for 10 mins, the fights were not as cool as they could have been, Overall I have not been this disappointed since I saw X3, if you liked this Movie your the reason Movies are based on effects and no on great story's with character development.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

I <3 emo Peter.

Yeah folks, that was REAL eyeliner.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Most everyone's mad, here

Apparently I'm in the minority that not only loved it, but found it to be the best of the trilogy. Now, before you slam me, I don't think the third film is loads better than the second. I think they're about equal, but the third film gets the edge for more innovative action sequences and (for me, at least) the most interesting Peter Parker story. The quality gap here isn't as great as the leap from the first (which I loved, but found kinda hokey and awkward at points) to the second (which is as close to perfection as I could ask).

The biggest concern seems to be about cramming in so many storylines in such a short amount of time. While this could've been potentially problematic, I think the filmmakers handled it all very well. The film didn't feel rushed or short-thrifted in any areas (well, except the very last scene, which felt like an after-thought). I feel way more satisfied with the balancing of multiple threads here than I did with, say, Crash. That film (which I did like overall) felt very slim when you thought about each character arc and plotline. Each mini story, if edited to be self-contained, would be about 10 minutes. The character arcs in Spider-Man 3 seemed to max out their full potential. Sure, Venom could've had more screentime, but the way the film handled him seemed suitable. In order for there to be more Venom, either Peter's "black Spidey" persona would've had to end much earlier, or the third act would've had to be padded. Considering how well-paced I think the film is, either option would've harmed it.

To make this more well-rounded, though, I'll note things I didn't like about the film:

Spoiler
    * Peter re-arranging his hair every time he felt evil was kind of silly. Actually, I wouldn't have minded seeing him with that emo hairdo if we simply cut to him already with it each time. Showing him actually changing it was unnecessary, though. Oh, and as for the infamous Jazz Room scene, this didn't bother me. Raimi was obviously playing this for laughs. Had the intention been otherwise, THEN we'd have a problem.

* Harry's butler suddenly letting on about Norman's death has me mixed. On one hand, it's nice to know that the butler's been awake enough all this time to see what Harry's doing, but on the other, shouldn't he have told him all this, you know, at the end of the first one? I guess I can accept the notion that the butler wanted Harry to hold on to the memory of Norman being a good person, even if it was at Peter's expense. So this really isn't an annoyance with me as it is an oddity.

* Perhaps this would've made matters even more convoluted, but I think Gwen should've been given a role in the climax. After the Jazz Room scene, she just disappears except for a brief appearance at the funeral. Eddie/Venom could've kidnapped her partly as bait for Peter and partly for revenge on Gwen (he probably didn't know the two of them broke up).

* The female news anchor during the climax needed to be cut. Badly. Her commentary was not only superfluous, it was outright cheesy and felt like something from a parody. A guy in my aisle actually laughed out loud when she did her whole, "Oh, no, is this the end of Spider-Man?" routine.

* I would've liked to have known what happened to Flint's daughter. They just left that whole situation open-ended. They could've at least killed her off which, although sad, would at least give some closure to that storyline. In fact, having her die would give Sandman more of a reason to seek revenge on Spidey and would make the final scene between the two of them even more emotional.

* The film's ending was too low-key for me. It just...ended. It should've had a long, continuous shot of Spidey flying through the city like with the first two.

All of these are just little nitpicks, though. Overall, I was very impressed with this film. I do think, though, that they should stop here. Things have been wrapped up too much, and in the context of the overall series, it'd be awkward having a 1, 2, and 4 with linear storylines and a 3 that's stuffed with many overlapping ones.
    -Kelvin-
    A very merry unbirthday to you!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^we'll its hard to see where the seris could go, I mean in the VG they have the Scorpion and Lizard besides Carnage is there any other villains that are a must?

• aerinpegadrak/DQ's sis

Okay so as much as I didn't like it, there were still a lot of good things about the movie.

Spoiler
    Okay, so what I liked.
    ~Venom- He was bad ***, and the final fight scene was awesome. And even though he was a filler in this movie, he was the basis of this movie. In the comics, he gets 15 issues for pete's sake (no pun intented). The animated series gives him at least 3 episodes of back story alone. We're asking Sam to cram it into 2 hours and be perfectly content.
    ~ Stan Lee. I honestly think I was the only one who knew it was Stan Lee. I know a little bit of Spiderman, and I'm no where near an expert. But to be the only one who recognized the creator? I felt like an idiot because I was laughing so hard and everyone was staring at me for it. I think some one even asked me, "Who is Stan Lee?" Seriously?

What I didn't like
    ~ How cinical Harry was. I know he's all upset because of his dad and what not, but to do what he did? I don't think that even Harry (the one from the second movie) would do that. Hate can only go so far. Yes, it was his journey and what not, but still. Tone it down.
    ~ Emo Petey. The eyeliner? The random dance breaks? It's not like he had fabulous dance moves. He was a dork, and it made the movie way to hard to follow. And the hair? I didn't like it at all. Commanding Ursula to make cookies? Even an evil Pete would respect women, or at least I think so. I didn't like that who sequence. There are other ways to show change, and I know the hair is a major thing you can do to show the difference, but it was annoying to follow back and forth.

I don't know. I'm hoping that the DVD has some cool things to help redeem the movie, but I'm not keeping my hopes up too high.

• Can see my car from here

This was the worst of all three movies, without a doubt. Some nice special effects, and a couple of funny scenes— that's it. The action scenes were boring and the story was fractured beyond repair. I was really hoping for a better movie. Oh well. Might have been better if Kelso and Jackie made some cameo appearances too.

It's a rental, at best, if that...
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I was a little disappointed. I had read the reviews so I knew it was not going to be the best, but I was hoping for a better movie then what we got. I think there were too many villians and that the story dragged a bit. My husband kept looking at his watch and hated the parts with Peter being silly. My 7 year old did sit through the whole thing and didn't complain a bit, but it was my 10 year old who had nightmares last night. Venom was a bit too scary for him (and me) and the noises he made were a bit much. I know this movie was made for adults and it does have a PG-13 rating, but for me it was a bit too violent.

With that said, I think the best part was the opening sequence with Spiderman and Harry. Way cool!

•   
    • So fetch

Emo Peter Parker made me .

I left the movie feeling meh about it. It wasn't bad but it's wasn't great.

• Original Mice-Chatter

We loved it-

I did not like the butler scene- but overall I thought it was very fun.

• Still lost in Neverland

Funny that all the people here that said they didn't like it for whatever reason, people are flocking to see this movie. It has shattered every one day record in the history of films. $59 million for opening day. Pirates 2 had the record at $55 million. It will be interesting to see how it fares over the next week or two. I still plan on seeing it as Spiderman is one of my favorite comic book characters, Batman being the other.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Minion

Spoiler
    Looks like a lot of people found it disappointing. I have to say that yes I am one of them. The actions sequences or fight seens were a little difficult to follow like the first fight scene between Harry and Peter. Everything going so fast, back and forth, and in a dark alley it was just too difficult to see. What was also difficult to watch was Peter after he broke up with MJ and was struttin around thinkin he was all cool, and then in the Jazz place. All of a sudden it turned into the Mask. And the whole NY love Spidey thing was played out, but I guess that was for his downspiral of a hero after he dawns the black suit and Brock tarnishes his image.

Topher did play a good Brock though and it was way too difficult to watch him and not see Eric Forman and that joking sarcastic character. But I guess thats just how Topher acts. I wont be able to watch that 70s show the same again though like without picturing those fangs. If they had Kelso in that for a brief moment, I would've been so tempted to shout out "TATER NUTS!!!" But at least I shouldve yelled out "FOREPLAY!!!"

Anyways, the graphics were pretty good. Yeah they shouldn't have killed off Venom and if they do one more movie where the bad guy sees the light at the end of the film again, I will totally be done with it. I did like how Harry came to his senses and teamed up with Pete at the end, that was pretty sweet.

And one last thing.......

CAN SAM RAIMI DO A FILM OR TV SHOW WITHOUT HIS BROTHER?!?!?!

(the grudge, xena, the first two spiderman films.......)

For those that are confused, he's the geeky guy with the glasses always getting yelled at by Jameson, which by the way, his scene was hilarious as always with the vibrating desk.

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Haven't seen it yet, looking forward to it though. The friggin local news interviewed people on the way out after watching the movie. A little shart they interviewed gave the ending away. Idiot producers!

And no, didn't see it coming or I would have changed the channel.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I love Jameson . The whole camera deal at the end was funny too in my opinion. I liked the effects and acknowledge that it must have been incredibly hard to animate all the moving dirt. So I give the special effects animators props.

I think I liked the second one better though.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast