View Poll Results: What did you think of Spider-Man 3?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • * - Couldn't have been worse!

9 9.00%

24 24.00%

32 32.00%

24 24.00%
  • ***** - Couldn't have been better!

11 11.00%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Spider-Man 3 Reviews and (non-discriminating) Poll... You Choose!

Am I the only one to ask this or the first one to notice this flaw? But.......

Where was Peter's spidey sense throughout the whole film? Now, I know that from the comics, Venom didn't set off his spidey sense. But when towards the beginning of the film, when Harry came swooping in, where was it then? He's supposed to have this extra sense of things when danger is coming and it didn't even go off! Did the writers just forget to include it, or was it cut because of cuts on effects that were primarily focused on the sandman and venom?

And a lil extra info for yall to veg on........

The movie is apparantly breaking box office records this weekend, but it appears that everyone who sees it ends up being disappointed. Also Roper and his fill in partner for Ebert BOTH gave the movie a thumbs down this weekend. Not surprising.

I think this always happens with movie series in general. The first Spiderman and Xmen were excellent, but each one after that kinda just went downhill. Sure, Spiderman 2 pretty good, but with every first hit, the audience always wants more, setting their expectations high hoping that the sequel will be better than the original. And the film crews (this includes everyone from writers, to producers, to directors and actors) fail to live up to the original and bring us what we're looking for. So who is at fault here? The audience, for setting too high expectations, or the crew for running out of fulfilling ideas? C'mon, when Peter's face wrenched up in heartbreak from MJ breaking up with him and from Harry dying, most of the audience broke out laughing because it looked so pathetic.

The only thing that will save this movie from potential meltdown and losing money is the hype going into it. But it will only be #1 for this weekend, and maybe next weekend unless something else opens up and knocks it down the list. And we all know the DVD sales wont be that good. What will really be pathetic, is that next weekend, the previous #1 movie Disturbia goes back to #1 and knocks Spiderman back down. lol

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by silverphoenix View Post
    Am I the only one to ask this or the first one to notice this flaw? But.......

Where was Peter's spidey sense throughout the whole film? Now, I know that from the comics, Venom didn't set off his spidey sense. But when towards the beginning of the film, when Harry came swooping in, where was it then? He's supposed to have this extra sense of things when danger is coming and it didn't even go off! Did the writers just forget to include it, or was it cut because of cuts on effects that were primarily focused on the sandman and venom?

And a lil extra info for yall to veg on........

The movie is apparantly breaking box office records this weekend, but it appears that everyone who sees it ends up being disappointed. Also Roper and his fill in partner for Ebert BOTH gave the movie a thumbs down this weekend. Not surprising.

I think this always happens with movie series in general. The first Spiderman and Xmen were excellent, but each one after that kinda just went downhill. Sure, Spiderman 2 pretty good, but with every first hit, the audience always wants more, setting their expectations high hoping that the sequel will be better than the original. And the film crews (this includes everyone from writers, to producers, to directors and actors) fail to live up to the original and bring us what we're looking for. So who is at fault here? The audience, for setting too high expectations, or the crew for running out of fulfilling ideas? C'mon, when Peter's face wrenched up in heartbreak from MJ breaking up with him and from Harry dying, most of the audience broke out laughing because it looked so pathetic.

The only thing that will save this movie from potential meltdown and losing money is the hype going into it. But it will only be #1 for this weekend, and maybe next weekend unless something else opens up and knocks it down the list. And we all know the DVD sales wont be that good. What will really be pathetic, is that next weekend, the previous #1 movie Disturbia goes back to #1 and knocks Spiderman back down. lol
    I also wondered where Spidey's Spidey Sense went. Weird.

As for the sequels doing downhill, I thought that Spider-Man 2 was very good, even better than number one. And as for X-Men sequels, X2 was the best film out of the trilogy. It was spectacular.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

My husband and I just saw Spider-Man 3 this weekend. We really enjoyed it. I didn't go in with any expectations. I have been really busy with school and havent' read any reviews or anything.

A few observations/opinions

Spoiler
    1. Not enough Venom
    2. My husband wanted to know what was up with the random sand experiment. He thought there wasn't enough exposition. I was ok with it. I would have possibly been bored with background on the sand experiment probably.
    3. Funny, but funny in a good way I thought
    4. MJ sings--that was sooooooooo bad and horrible! Woody Allen sang "I'm Through with Love" better in Everyone Says I Love You! I was so upset by this.
    5. Kirsten Dunst is just plain annoying in this.

We saw it at Fashion Island, Big Newport theatre today. I was suprised there wasn't much of a line. We got there a half hour early and there were maybe 30 people in line. There was more of a line when we went to see Chicago there and that movie was !

• Minion

I would hope that everyone would know that actually wasn't Kirsten Dunst singing, but someone else. At least, thats what it sounded like to me.

Me and my wife were tempted to see this in IMAX. After seeing it on a regular screen, I can imagine just how much more difficult it would've been to try to follow the in flight action sequences in the film that I found difficult to follow just on the regular screen. A regular IMAX screen is about 5 stories tall so it makes it rather large, and wide. So any film can be a lil difficult to watch, depending on where you're sitting, to see it all without moving your head much.

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by silverphoenix View Post
    I think you're kinda off here. The numbers will drop dramatically for next week based on word of mouth, but Spidey will still be a solid number one. Pure luck really, because there's no strong competition next week. The following week however, Shrek will take over, and the week after that is Pirates. So Spidey is really going to have to make the majority of their money in the first two weeks.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

OMG, this movie was such a joke. Maybe it was a sure sign when I saw Hasbro's line-up of Spider-Man 3 toys last month were an entire inch SHORTER than the spider-man 1 and 2 action figures, something was definitely amiss.

The trailers... were really bad I thought. They were the type of trailers that gave too much away and even the too much shown was absolutely boring. The trailers taught us this:

-Tobey wants to marry MJ... but he's flawed so they fight.

-Flint is the REAL killer (such bs) of pete's uncle so naturally he becomes a super villain. They fight.

-Young Osborne becomes New Goblin... they fight.

-Venom is shown in the trailers, ruining any suprises and of course, they have to fight.

And of course Spider-Man will prevail... so why even bother seeing the film? Because hopefully, like the first two Spider-Man, this one would also be great.

Yah, I was majorly wrong. This film was absolutely confused with what it wanted to be. It was just too much to handle. Too many introductions done poorly, and not enough background on characters we already know.

There ARE moments of greatness in Spider-Man 3, but NONE actually help the main story arc.

-Bruce Campbell as the Maitre'D for example. That entire bit was fantastic. But it's just there for that scene.
    -J.Jonah Jameson and the Daily Bugle are always entertaining.
    -I loved seeing Dr. Connors again and was happy to see more of him.
    -Peter Parker's land lord was also fun to watch
    -Aunt May grounds the entire film in way most super hero films fail to do
    -Osborne's butler was interesting, despite an awkward revelation to Harry at the end.
    -Parker forgiving Sandman deserved an applause.

And that's it really. The fights were really boring and well... I just didn't care. The entire film was boring except for the moments I listed above. Emo Parker. Frick, what the heck. Venom, one of the most important Spidey villains is killed off just like that. So lame.

This movie is a 5/10 or 2.5/5. I was planning on taking my parents to see this as they loved both spidey 1 and 2. I will be saving my money.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Here's what I think:

Spoiler

The Good:

Ursula! Awww, she is so nice, cute, and charming! She's always there to listen and offer helping advice, never to complain.

I also love Peter's aunt. With her portrayal of the wise old person, it really added to the movie.

Stan Lee's appearence. I was surprised I wasn't the only one laughing at this.

The Spider-Man theme the band played at his "award" ceremony. (I also loved that one woman who sang it in the first)

Bruse Cambell. I love his cameo in each movie. The first he was the announcer who thankfully changed Peter's title from the "Human Spider" to "Spider-Man", the second he was the the usher who wouldn't let Peter in to see MJ's performance, and in this one he had me cracking up as the "french" waiter. Awsome-ness!

I also like how they added a new "fighting technique" for Spidey, the "spidey balls" (or whatever they're called).

The bell thing that hurt venom. And when the symbiote was finally seperated from a human, it looked so freaky, I loved it!

Sandman visuals! Gotta give it up to the SpecialFX department, awesome looking.

The Bad:

Emo Peter. The "fixing his hair" scene is very noticable because a lot of people were laughing as well as I. And how does a random customer get on stage to play the piano without anyone noticing?!

I hated the one-liners bad peter/spidey kept giving....UGH! I hate feeling embarassed for the actors of a movie. YOU ACTUALLY AGREED TO SAY THIS?!

Yeah, when I heard the butler say he knew all along, I thought "You DUMB***! You just stood there while your first master killed innocent people, then let his son believe he had to kill spidey!?"

When Harry acted so goofy and kept smiling stupidly. I know he was suppose to be happy that his cares had gone away, but after-wards he was just dumb. And apparently an explosion so powerfull is can deform your face can heal in less then a day? I mean half his head was morphed, but nothing had scabs or blood. And he died?! Bummer!

Also, the "Green Goblin" outfit on the first one kinda bothered me. In the cartoons and comics the guy was suppose to have a sort-of halloween mask that looked like a "real" goblin, but the one in the movie looked like a helmet. The "pumpkins" he throws just look like metalic-orange balls then jack-o-lanterns. At least it resembled a goblin, so I was satisfied. Harry's revamped costume just looked like a ninja on a snowboard. The whole cool thing about these movies are the looks! Doc Oc's four mechanical arms, Sandman changing into sand, Venom, there's even a scene of Peter creating Spider-man's costume! I just didn't get the feeling of "super-villain", more of angry guy with big toys.

The kiss. That was suppose to be the first movie's signature scene and they go and make it a joke. That should have been untouchable.

I kept imagining "Kelso" coming out of nowhere and going "Ha Foreman! Nice tights!". Then venom just walks away all sad. Hehe, just couldn't shake off the whole "That 70s Show" image. (But that's not really "Bad". It actually made it a little more entertaining)

Too many bad guys. As much as I loved the "teaming up" thing, I thought they could have done with just two and focused on one new guy, that being Sandman. Venom should have waited till the fourth and had all the glory to himself.

MJ, poor thing. How could she have worked so hard to fall?! It felt like she was just kinda not given much thought. And what about Harry's diabolical plan?! Tell her to dump him? MUAHAHAHAH!......?

Why did sandman just drift away? He's still alive, he'll probably keep trying to steal for his daughter, and FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS, yet another person knows Spidey's identity! He takes off that mask more then the number of clouds in the sky! (And yet he still refuses to tell his aunt)

AS stated before, the random sand testing thing?! wth? Nothing tried to explain that except a few seconds of the "lab" which still gave no evidence as to what was going on. I was thinking something along the lines of him being taken back to jail where they decided to do an illegal test on him involving a new procedure, blah blah blah blah. Anyway, the testing actually gives him powers and he revolts against those who tried to shield him from his daughter. Meh, that's just my own judgement, so whatever.

The apartment.....shouldn't they have found a better place while they still had their "steady paying" jobs? Parker was only able to barely afford it by himself but with MJ it should have been better. Oh well, it kept Ursula around.

So....

that's just my observations. I still liked it (not having expectations). It's just what I noticed.

btw, I know that was long and you're thinking "omg! WHAT NOW?!" but I just wanted to add.....

How do we know "venom" is truely dead? The symbiote could have survived, slumped away and eventually find a new host to prevail it's evil ways.

• Minion

Man this movie sucked. I'm a HUGE fan of Venom, and I was convinced that seeing him on screen would be the comic book movie villian filet mignon. What the friggin' hell...

What I didn't like:

1) Kirsten Dunst is fugly.

2) For the most expensive movie ever made, why did so many sequences look so fake? Especially the part with the crane crashing through the skyscraper.

3) Why would a DNA altering, molecular splicing, machine be built in the middle of New York with an open roof, and be incased by nothing more than a chain link fence? WTF?

4) Why did Peter Parker turn Emo?

5) Kirsten Dunst is fugly

6) Seriously, how ridiculous was it to have the symbiote spontaneously fall out of the sky next Peter Parker, and spontaneously latch on to his moped?

7) What happened to Spiderman's Spidey-sense? Only Venom has the ability to elude Spiderman's Spidey sense, so why was everyone able to blindside spiderman althrough the film?

8) Venom was TOTALLY wasted. Seriously. One of the baddest villians in all of comic book lore, and he was reduced to a chattery black spiderman clone. What. The. Hell. No body morphing, no turning his limbs into sharp pointy objects, no slimy tongue... bah. They didn't even make Venom speak in terms of "We" when referencing himself to illustrate the bonding of Eddie Brock and the symbiote. Of course, this was most likely because there were too many characters already to allow decent plot development for Venom.

9) Eddie Brock was a little bitch. At least make the guy buff.

10) Why did they let Sandman just drift away? The guy was willing to destroy any and everything for the sake of his daughter. That doesn't sound like someone you let go off into the sunrise.

11) Sand is quite coarse. If sand was blowing past you at the speeds of sandman in the film, your skin would be ripped from your body.

12) Harry Osbourne's butler knew the whole time who killed Harry's dad and he never said anything. Harry's going out everynight throwing pumpkin bombs at random pedestrians, but the butler never felt like it would be a good idea to tell Harry the truth.

13) Kirsten Dunst is fugly

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    Man this movie sucked. I'm a HUGE fan of Venom, and I was convinced that seeing him on screen would be the comic book movie villian filet mignon. What the friggin' hell...

What I didn't like:

1) Kirsten Dunst is fugly.

2) For the most expensive movie ever made, why did so many sequences look so fake? Especially the part with the crane crashing through the skyscraper.

3) Why would a DNA altering, molecular splicing, machine be built in the middle of New York with an open roof, and be incased by nothing more than a chain link fence? WTF?

4) Why did Peter Parker turn Emo?

5) Kirsten Dunst is fugly

6) Seriously, how ridiculous was it to have the symbiote spontaneously fall out of the sky next Peter Parker, and spontaneously latch on to his moped?

7) What happened to Spiderman's Spidey-sense? Only Venom has the ability to elude Spiderman's Spidey sense, so why was everyone able to blindside spiderman althrough the film?

8) Venom was TOTALLY wasted. Seriously. One of the baddest villians in all of comic book lore, and he was reduced to a chattery black spiderman clone. What. The. Hell. No body morphing, no turning his limbs into sharp pointy objects, no slimy tongue... bah. They didn't even make Venom speak in terms of "We" when referencing himself to illustrate the bonding of Eddie Brock and the symbiote. Of course, this was most likely because there were too many characters already to allow decent plot development for Venom.

9) Eddie Brock was a little bitch. At least make the guy buff.

10) Why did they let Sandman just drift away? The guy was willing to destroy any and everything for the sake of his daughter. That doesn't sound like someone you let go off into the sunrise.

11) Sand is quite coarse. If sand was blowing past you at the speeds of sandman in the film, your skin would be ripped from your body.

12) Harry Osbourne's butler knew the whole time who killed Harry's dad and he never said anything. Harry's going out everynight throwing pumpkin bombs at random pedestrians, but the butler never felt like it would be a good idea to tell Harry the truth.

13) Kirsten Dunst is fugly

Jeez, kind of harsh on Kirsten Dunst. I found those comments to be kind of out of line. I mean I know she's a celebrity and all, but that was just uncalled for. It's not even reasonable excuse as to why the movie "sucked"

I'd expect better from a member of the MiceChat moderating staff. Sorry that Kristen Dunst couldn't meet up to your standards. Yeesh.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    Jeez, kind of harsh on Kirsten Dunst. I found those comments to be kind of out of line. I mean I know she's a celebrity and all, but that was just uncalled for. It's not even reasonable excuse as to why the movie "sucked"

I'd expect better from a member of the MiceChat moderating staff. Sorry that Kristen Dunst couldn't meet up to your standards. Yeesh.
    Many of the elements in Soulquarian's post should have been inside a spoiler post. Many of us have not seen the film yet. I plan to see it this week with my buddy. I shall report back.

Incidentally, where Miss Kirsten is concerned, I've always found her to be sexy as hell. Sure she's kind of a normal looking gal...not your typical siren. But, some of those sirens look like they are artificaially constructed.

Kirstin is such a natural beuty that I'm in love and in lust! In the film, she acts like a regular person, too...full of love, but flawed. Thanks for sticking up for her, Tui.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post

Incidentally, where Miss Kirsten is concerned, I've always found her to be sexy as hell. Sure she's kind of a normal looking gal...not your typical siren. But, some of those sirens look like they are artificaially constructed.

Kirstin is such a natural beuty that I'm in love and in lust! In the film, she acts like a regular person, too...full of love, but flawed. Thanks for sticking up for her, Tui.
    And on an added note, it's not like it's a big secret that she was in the movie. If someone considers her to be that repulsive that it ruins the movie, they shouldn't even bother going/complaining about it.

I also agree about the spoilers, mostly everyone has been good enough to use them. I hate having movies ruined for me, luckily I saw it at a midnight show before anyone had the chance to give anything away.
    What an idiot....

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    And on an added note, it's not like it's a big secret that she was in the movie. If someone considers her to be that repulsive that it ruins the movie, they shouldn't even bother going/complaining about it.

I also agree about the spoilers, mostly everyone has been good enough to use them. I hate having movies ruined for me, luckily I saw it at a midnight show before anyone had the chance to give anything away.
    This is why I didn't read all of his review...and will not until I have seen the film. There's a cool feeling of abandon which I associate with catching a major film late at night.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

Mary Jane is supposed to be one of the hottest characters in all of comic boo lore. She's supposed to be supermodel material.

IMO, she ruins any emotional attachment between the two characters because it's not realistic that someone that looks like that would be the envy of all the guys in high school. From the first movie on, I was distracted by her teeth every time she smiled.

Toby fits his character perfectly, everyone else? Not so much.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Whatever dude, whatever.
    What an idiot....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast