View Poll Results: What did you think of Spider-Man 3?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • * - Couldn't have been worse!

9 9.00%

24 24.00%

32 32.00%

24 24.00%
  • ***** - Couldn't have been better!

11 11.00%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Re: Spider-Man 3 Reviews and (non-discriminating) Poll... You Choose!

I'm watching Spiderman 2 on TV right now, and I gotta admit. I'm kind of annoyed, they set up the whole thing with JJ's son being an astronaut....why didn't they follow up on it?
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    It was kinda booty.
    -I think the hype and the trailers so far ahead of time sort of killed it.
    -There were a lot of really cheesy parts to me. Harry's smile, Peter's lines, Venom's lines, etc.
    -It was pissing me off that they wouldn't just leave Venom's face alone! Why did they have to keep showing Eddie's face? We already know he's Venom!
    -Where was the Spidey Sense?!?!
    -I always questioned the casting of Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst since the beginning because I felt like their portrayal of the characters would get old to me.......well, it did in this movie. I just didn't like them as much, especially Kirsten.

All in all it was a good movie but it just didn't impress me like the 1st one or even the 2nd. I had higher hopes.

I had zero expectations. I wasn't energized to see Spidey3 like I did the first two. I knew going in that this movie had too much for its own good and that was the main problem.

If you look at 1 and 2, there was one villain and you really got to know them. You really liked them. In this one, you barely know them. You barely even know their story and your attention is already divided. As villains, Green Goblin and Doc Ock were real threats to our hero and the people he cares about. Spidey 3 was just a revenge story w/ Sandman. He wasn't even a real threat to him until Spidey went out searching for him. And then Venom is just thrown in the last minute to add to it.

Take out Venom and you'd have a clean solid story to work with. Introduce Eddie Brock on screen as well as their feud. Keep the symbiote suit around until the next movie... with or without Toby.

And yah... where the heck was spidey's spider-sense??

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^We'll I think they could have done the Movie with the sandman and the New Goblin but venom was too much
    Here's why Venom did not work in the film
    1) They never told you how Eddie knew everything about Peter, you had to know Venom's story to know that the symbiote told him every thing about him.
    2) Eddie had too much control over the suit
    3) Eddie went looking for Sandman, while in the comic he went off to kill spiderman because he knew he could win, an din the comic he did
    4) Venom was entered too late in the film and had no time to develop at ALL.
    5) Eddie Brock is not evil, he hates Spiderman but is not evil and he wants to protect the innocent from harm.

So I mean they put Venom in too late and made him into this character that I don't think anyone liked.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Question: Does Topher Grace do any other character other than whiney smatazz?

That 70's show....Traffic....In Good Company....Win a Date with tad Hamilton... and now this.....

Nope, i guess not.

He is even an arrogant little punk in his Interviews.... Blah.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^We'll I think they could have done the Movie with the sandman and the New Goblin but venom was too much
    Here's why Venom did not work in the film
    1) They never told you how Eddie knew everything about Peter, you had to know Venom's story to know that the symbiote told him every thing about him.
    2) Eddie had too much control over the suit
    3) Eddie went looking for Sandman, while in the comic he went off to kill spiderman because he knew he could win, an din the comic he did
    4) Venom was entered too late in the film and had no time to develop at ALL.
    5) Eddie Brock is not evil, he hates Spiderman but is not evil and he wants to protect the innocent from harm.

So I mean they put Venom in too late and made him into this character that I don't think anyone liked.

I agree. And my main problem with how the Venom character was pushed into this was that he went out hunting down Sandman. How the HECK did he know how to find him first of all... and his entire background! It just was so forced and unsatisfying.

In Batman Returns, you had the Penguin and Catwoman... and their pairing was actually a lot more developed and definitely more interesting.

Here Sandman nearly beats the living daylights out of Spidey and then when he catches his breath he goes "i didn't want it to be like this."

Sigh.

What's with all the sympathetic bad guys these days? Here we finally have Venom, a true villain who wants nothing but to destroy Spider-Man for no other reason than because he hates him... and he's created and destroyed in the last leg of the film. Total waste.

Kind of a dull end to the movie too. I'm glad they didn't end with a wedding or anything like that, but I was expecting something a little more triumphant.

And battle damaged spidey had his eye lens on crooked towards the end of the film. Kinda distracted me. hehe.

• Minion

Is it me, or is the general consensus saying that it was disappointing?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan View Post
    Question: Does Topher Grace do any other character other than whiney smatazz?

That 70's show....Traffic....In Good Company....Win a Date with tad Hamilton... and now this.....

Nope, i guess not.

He is even an arrogant little punk in his Interviews.... Blah.

The word is, that the fame went to Topher's haid and he became conceited. When the guy's from that 70s show went out together to hang out after filming, Topher was at first going with them but later seasons he started doing his own thing, feeling he was too good for the others. That's why he eventually left the show because he felt he was too good for it and wanted to do movies.

It was like I said in my first post on this thread. when I watched this movie and saw Eddie Brock, I saw Eric Foreman. Truth is, when I saw Eddie Brock, I saw "Topher Grace."

CONTAINS SPOILERS
    Some things that bugged me. The symbiotic suit is ALIVE. It protects it's host, that's why Peter loves it besides the power. Another reason he likes it, the suit changes into clothes for him. He never has to change into or out of the suit. It morphs to his will.

As far as Venom is concerned, I really wish the producers hadn't pushed Raimi into including the character when he wasn't originally. Topher worked better than I would have thought for Brock, but not as Venom. And killing him? Suit should have blown up, Brock catches a piece in his palm, and closes his palm to conceal it from Peter. Also, a photographer named Eddie is mentioned in the first film, why do they have him as "the new guy." Lastly for Venom, it's "we" (symbiote+Brock) not "me". And neither the symbiote nor Brock think of themselves as "bad." They are the darkside of spiderman. Instead of jailing the wicked, they kill them. Venom is a hero in their own mind.

The suits weakness. Couldn't this have been subtly introduced with Conners, instead of having Pete coincidentally find the perfect spot to remove it and then have a flashback to make it all make sense. We already had enough flashbacks, thank you.

Gwen Stacey. Was it just me, or did everyone want Pete to end up with her. She is gorgeous and a positive upbeat person. I was tired of Mary Jane having yet another moody spell. And why does Gwen fizzle out so early? And even moreso, why is she at Harry's funeral? She didn't know him from what we know.

Harry/New Goblin. First off, the transition happened very quickly. One minute he's brooding in the balcony, the next he's gone supervillian. I know it was carrying over from the last film, but we needed a little windup before the pitch. Also, I thought Harry skated through school. Where did he get the technological knowhow to create new Goblin gizmos. Using his dad's stuff and plans to create more I can buy, but advancing the technology is outside of Harry's knowledge. Finally, I wish we could have kept him a villian. He can still be trying to save MJ for his own glory and flighting Parker to be the one that saves her.

Sandman. Yet another reason to dislike Maguire(he was half of the force behind bringing him to the film.) His creation was awkward. Huge dangerous science experiments surrounded by a chainlink fence. Police chase fugitive into space, don't call up the facility to tell them a man has escaped into it. It would have been more believable if Marko fell into the pit after the process has already started. The police tell them to stop it, but once started, it's too dangerous to abort. I understand why he was there thematically, but plot wise, he just got in the way really. Another problem with the villian is he is too strong. They couldn't destroy him. A tough villian/hero is good, an unbeatable one has nowhere to go. Hence my issues with Superman.

Lastly, the cut and flow of the film. It was very choppy. This is what happens when you have too many characters too follow. Peter, Mary Jane, Harry, Sandman, and Brock. We follow all of their dilemas. Perfect example of bad cutting is the JJ Jameson joke in the middle of the climax. To paraphrase:
    JJ: Brock, Parker! Where are my photographers? Hey little girl, you want a job? Girl: Why would I want a job? I'm a kid. JJ: Let me buy your camera. Girl: Hundred bucks. JJ pays her. Snaps picture. Opens camera to reveal no film. Girl: Film's extra. JJ fishes for more cash.
    This little exhange is too drawn out for the middle of an action sequence. All we needed was JJ looking around, seeing the camera. "Let me buy your camera." "Hundred bucks." JJ pays her opens camera sees no film "Film's extra." and back to the action.

And one final question. Has a crane ever freaked out and destroyed a building for no reason before? With no villian to cause it? Cool sequence, but reaked of a plot device to meet Gwen.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    Lastly, the cut and flow of the film. It was very choppy. This is what happens when you have too many characters too follow. Peter, Mary Jane, Harry, Sandman, and Brock. We follow all of their dilemas. Perfect example of bad cutting is the JJ Jameson joke in the middle of the climax. To paraphrase:
    JJ: Brock, Parker! Where are my photographers? Hey little girl, you want a job? Girl: Why would I want a job? I'm a kid. JJ: Let me buy your camera. Girl: Hundred bucks. JJ pays her. Snaps picture. Opens camera to reveal no film. Girl: Film's extra. JJ fishes for more cash.
    This little exhange is too drawn out for the middle of an action sequence. All we needed was JJ looking around, seeing the camera. "Let me buy your camera." "Hundred bucks." JJ pays her opens camera sees no film "Film's extra." and back to the action.

I actually thought that that scene is scene is the breath of fresh air in the middle of really boring action.

But I agree with you on everything basically. It's sloppy writing and the pacing was off. Even the beginning was the least interesting of the three.

• out & about

The more I think about it the more I hate this movie...

I dont like to be a hater but Im hatin on Spidy!
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Circle of Ancients

Just got back from seeing it, I was definately not impressed.

I didn't really care for the first one, loved the 2nd but this one ... was just bad.

It was funny in parts that shouldn't have been funny, and everything was pretty bad until the last fight scene which I admit was good. This gave it 2 stars IMO.

EMO Peter was freakin' hilarious, but WAY over the top, TOO over the top. MJ's "Singing", at least get a singer who sounds like it could be her. What was up with "Uncle Alfred" telling Harry the truth and then Harry's all "I'm a good guy now".

I'm kind of glad this current "Spidey" team is not doing anymore movies. If Sam Raimi didn't want to direct anymore spidey's then he should have left after 2 instead of ruining the franchise, at least IMO.

If there is ever another Spidey I'm not sure I will be going to see it.

The best part of this one was definately the H.P. trailer.

• Infinitized!

I finally got to see Spider-Man 3 last night. I enjoyed it but the first two were definitely better. A bit too much cheesiness in this one, Venom didn't get enough screen time (should've been the primary villain in one movie), and too many villains. I just hope this franchise doesn't end up like the Schumacher Batmans, but it seems that it's heading in that direction (with more than one villain).

Bruce Campbell was good though! And as always, a cameo by Stan Lee.

• Basking in birthday love

Absolutely wretched. The only thing I liked was Maguire's performance post-symbiote, when he went back to being conflicted and developed instead of smug and annoying or full-on emo. Oh, and the photography, which has been consistently excellent throughout the franchise. Other than that, awful. This one was supposed to be action-packed, but the movie was just blah blah blah melodrama-cakes. Yes, I know that the whole Spider-Man canon is laced with soap opera, but seriously, how could a movie with THAT MANY VILLAINS be so lacking in interesting conflict? (I mean, aside from the fact that multiple villains never make for a good superhero movie. I'm looking at you, Batman and Robin.)

We entertained ourselves through most of the movie by mocking it. We seriously annoyed one of my roommates, until he just gave in and joined us. (Use the force, Spidey!) I can't wait to see the RiffTrax guys take a crack at it, because there was just so very much to mock here. We usually stick around to see if there's something after the credits, since there always is, but we bailed out as soon as we could.

Harley described it best, though: "My god, the point of this movie is to make Batman look sane, isn't it?"

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Senior Minion

Saw it last week with Ride Warrior.

My thoughts:

This movie was so bad, the "extras" did a better job. Sooo slow. So not worth the money.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Infinitized!

Uh-oh. Spider-Man is getting Schumacher-ized.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456