• I am a Pluto lover

POTC III -Sneak Peak

I found this on MSN.. thought I would share it. I cant wait until May 25th!

(I hope its ok to do this)

Sneak Peek: 'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End'

By Gregory Ellwood
    Special to MSN Movies

Ahoy, me hearties! Before ye pass ahead, beware of major spoilers on the upcoming motion pict-YARr "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End."

A few Fridays ago, I was getting ready to head out for an afternoon run when I received a call from MSN Entertainment's resident Dish Diva, Taylor Johnson. She called to see if I'd gotten the update on the sneak peek of "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" that was occurring that afternoon. It was welcome news to me, so after a quick change, I soon found myself in an editing suite with uber producer Jerry Bruckheimer as he personally previewed more than 45 minutes of select scenes from the upcoming blockbuster. Needless to say, this was one of those "what-a-day" moments. And although Disney and Mr. Bruckheimer asked that we keep some details secret, they never said we couldn't tell you the following ...

A Detour to Singapore
    When we last left Captain Jack Sparrow he'd been seemingly eaten by the monstrous Kraken. Obviously, there was no way the series could survive without Depp, so the beginning of the film finds the newly resurrected Captain Barbossa, Elizabeth Swann and Will Turner looking to enlist the help of Singapore's resident pirate lord, Sao Feng. It seems Jack is stuck in Davy Jones' Locker and to rescue him the crew must travel to the literal end of the world. Feng knows the way and might even provide them a ship to sail.

The Pirate Lords of the Brethren Court
    Obviously, Jack and crew are going to return to the "real" world (quite an upside-down adventure) and that's when the real conflict of the movie begins.
    At the end of "Dead Man's Chest," Lord Beckett of the East India Trading Company is given the heart of Davy Jones -- a power that allows him to control Jones and the Kraken beast and therefore the ship-ferrying seas. Knowing that the sanctity and freedom of the pirate life is at stake, Barbossa calls a meeting of the Pirate Lords of the Brethren Court. Akin to a "pirate board," the group includes Feng, Barbossa, Sparrow and five of their fiercest rivals from around the world. They meet in a secret cove where a massive structure of old pirate ships stacked on top of each other forms a man-made island (and yes, it would make a wonderful addition to Disneyland).

Who Will Betray Them?
    Meanwhile, it appears one of our gallant heroes will betray the group to save someone close to him or her. This dramatic scene takes place on yet another small sandy island (where do they find them?) in the middle of the ocean. One word: pretty.

It's Keira's Movie
    One of the big surprises is just how prominent Keira Knightley's character, Elizabeth, is this time around. She's shown her fighting chops in the first two films, but in this installment, she proves to be an equal (in more ways than one) to Sparrow, Barbossa and her estranged fiancé, Will Turner. Her true feelings for Sparrow and Will are also revealed, and she even ends up bringing some women's lib to the era (in a roundabout way).

Thank God Barbossa Is Back
    The last picture, "Dead Man's Chest," has its share of laughs, but there was an element missing without Rush's Barbossa around to verbally spar with Depp's Sparrow. The two acclaimed actors get to go at it in "At World's End," and the series is far better for it. However, I had to wonder why Bruckheimer never showed us why Barbossa is eager to help the crew and his old enemy, Sparrow. Is it possible Barbossa hasn't changed his evil ways?

The Look Is Beyond Fantastic
    At more than two hours, "At World's End" is filled with one eye-popping scene after another, and the trailers have only given a glimpse of what's to come. From the scenes we previewed, 500 special-effects shots were missing, but it's clear this installment's effects could top the Oscar-winning work that Industrial Light and Magic conceived for "Dead Man's Chest" (not that Bruckheimer wanted to discuss the Oscars in April).

A Fitting Climax
    The movie's final act revolves around a climactic battle between Davy Jones' Flying Dutchmen and the Black Pearl within a massive whirlpool.The trailer only hints at the intensity of the climax, which depicts Jones attempting to reclaim his heart from one of the two ships. When all seems lost though, is it possible the pirates have one last secret weapon up their sleeves?

Stick Around for the Very End
    We weren't privy to it, but Buckheimer says there is one additional scene at the end of the closing credits. He also said "this trilogy" is over, but perhaps the extra scene is a hint of more adventures to come.
    After watching the footage, Bruckheimer stated the obvious when he recommended anyone seeing "At World's End" catch up by revisiting the first two "Pirates" movies on DVD. Director Gore Verbinski and screenwriters Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio have intentionally brought in numerous elements from the previous films to form an interconnected trilogy. And considering that most movie trilogies usually don't live up to the initial hype, a fantastic finish to "Pirates" would be very welcome indeed.
    To hear from Bruckheimer himself, watch Dish Diva's exclusive interview conducted after our special sneak peek.

"Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" opens nationwide May 25. Gregory Ellwood resides in Los Angeles and has worked in the movie industry for over a decade. He writes the Hollywood Hitlist on MSN Movies and has contributed to Variety.

Here is the link... http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...61132&GT1=7701
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: POTC III -Sneak Peak

Great post, interesting read. I can't wait for this film!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• my two sunshines

Speaking of POTC III - last year there was a live stream of the red carpet - will there be the same this year?

You and me both - this will be a great film! can't wait!

• I am a Pluto lover

Id like to know if there will be a live stream again also. Didnt E! do a live show on tv? I remember watching it on tv.
    Mellymouse

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

It's so funny. I remember a year ago a leaked script (or the first 50 pages of one anyways) ended up on the Internet. Watching the trailers and looking at that article just now basically confirm that the script that was posted is indeed real. Good stuff all around. I can't wait.

• my two sunshines

Quote Originally Posted by MellyMouse View Post
    Id like to know if there will be a live stream again also. Didnt E! do a live show on tv? I remember watching it on tv.
    Yeah I think it was E! or some Access show - but there was a half hour special - there was a live stream of the whole red carpet, on MSNBC or Itunes - I don't remember - the host was terrible and annoying but I liked watching everything else

• I am a Pluto lover

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
    It's so funny. I remember a year ago a leaked script (or the first 50 pages of one anyways) ended up on the Internet. Watching the trailers and looking at that article just now basically confirm that the script that was posted is indeed real. Good stuff all around. I can't wait.

Geeze! I wish I had read that! Still out there anywhere?
    Mellymouse

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I haven't looked for it since, but I don't think it is. It didn't last too long, it seems. The first page of the script is up still, it appears, but I can't find the rest of it yet.

Okay...found it....good stuff. I don't know to what level I'm allowed to discuss it, but it requires a myspace account to view unless I can get permission to post it on the board somewhere.....If you want the link, you can PM me.

EDIT: Quick edit...if a moderator has ANY problem with this, just let me know. If this violated any rules, I have no problems with this post being deleted or removed. Thanks.

• I am a Pluto lover

In this article it says,

"They meet in a secret cove where a massive structure of old pirate ships stacked on top of each other forms a man-made island (and yes, it would make a wonderful addition to Disneyland). "

Is this what they are trying to turn TSI into or will it be a different "Pirates Lair"?
    Last edited by MellyMouse; 05-11-2007 at 08:50 PM. Reason: spelling
    Mellymouse