• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Disney Launches a Barrage of Merchandise for POTC3

From action figures to boomboxes to high-end fashion, Disney will saturate the consumer marketplace this summer with tie-in merchandise from Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

This week, Disney Consumer Products announced partnerships with retailers Wal-Mart and ToysRUs to promote the third Pirates flick. At ToysRUs.com, fans can register to win a gold plated Jack Sparrow figure and a POTC guitar from Gibson.

Other Pirates booty available through disneyshopping.com and other retailers includes digital cameras, 15 new POTC books, video games for all major console platforms, furniture and authentic costumes for you and your kids--even your dog.

Yellowman is selling an exclusive line of POTC-inspired tattoo shirts, some costing as much as $888, at their Los Angeles location and at www.yellowman.com.

Source: MarketWatch

• Knight that says Nee!!

Re: Disney Launches a Barrage of Merchandise for POTC3

And so it begins....

I think the funniest thing I saw this week was that Target had already slashed prices on some of it's At World's End toys at 50%. The movie isn't even out yet!

• I was deleted.

POTC3 is already been out at your local Disney Store for the last few weeks as well. There are some great items for kids and adults.

• Can see my car from here

I was at the Emporium last week, and they already have the "At World's End" storybook. I picked up the book and carefully opened it to a page near the beginning, and sure enough, it appears the whole story is not a secret anymore. I quickly closed the book and put it back down, to avoid the temptation of turning to the last pages and spoiling the end of the movie before I get to see it.

A kid next to me picked up the book, started leafing through it when his mom snatched it out of his hands and said "That better not have the ending in it!" As I was walking away, I said "Yeah, that's why I put it down. Don't want to spoil anything!"

How about you MiceChatters? Do you want to rush out, pick up the book and read the story so you know what you will be seeing, or would you rather wait and be surprised by the plot?

I'd rather be surprised.
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mikerscope View Post
    I was at the Emporium last week, and they already have the "At World's End" storybook. I picked up the book and carefully opened it to a page near the beginning, and sure enough, it appears the whole story is not a secret anymore. I quickly closed the book and put it back down, to avoid the temptation of turning to the last pages and spoiling the end of the movie before I get to see it.

A kid next to me picked up the book, started leafing through it when his mom snatched it out of his hands and said "That better not have the ending in it!" As I was walking away, I said "Yeah, that's why I put it down. Don't want to spoil anything!"

How about you MiceChatters? Do you want to rush out, pick up the book and read the story so you know what you will be seeing, or would you rather wait and be surprised by the plot?

I'd rather be surprised.
    I saw a novelization of POTC3 for kids at Target a few weeks ago. It was the full story.

I glanced at the last page. Couldn't. Stop.

Wanna know what I saw? :

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    I saw a novelization of POTC3 for kids at Target a few weeks ago. It was the full story.

I glanced at the last page. Couldn't. Stop.

Wanna know what I saw? :
    A tiny part of me is saying yes. But the rest of me is throttling the crap out of that tiny part.
    She did it!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    From action figures to boomboxes to high-end fashion, Disney will saturate the consumer marketplace this summer with tie-in merchandise from Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.
    Don't forget the big ticket promotional partners:

http://www.mycokerewards.com/index.jsp#

http://thehunt.volvocars.net/us/thehunt.htm
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mikerscope View Post

I'd rather be surprised.
    That storybook is in Pieces of Eight...*cringes* I've been avoiding spoilers as much as possible. I can wait...I want to enjoy the surprise!

I don't mind fun merch being released beforehand, but storybooks? Come on, Disney...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

The Captain at Ease

Prior to the opening of ''Pirates 3,'' Johnny Depp opens up about Keith Richards, nasty reviews, and the state of his soul. This much he knows: A character with gold teeth shouldn't sell toothpaste

DEPP ''How can a guy with gold teeth sell toothpaste? It's like a bald man selling shampoo''
    Armando Gallo/Retna

EW: Of all the licensed merchandise that has spun off from the Pirates movies, has there been anything so far that seemed so surreal, you just said ''Hold on a second''?

JD: There were only a couple of things that I thought, Now we're stepping over the line. I drew the line at hygiene products. It just seemed wrong. Like Captain Jack toothpaste, for example. How can a guy with gold teeth sell toothpaste? It's like a bald man selling shampoo. And cold cuts would be weird: Captain Jack hot dogs, bologna — things like that.
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2003...038360,00.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006