•   

Wicked the 2nd time around??

So how many of you saw Wicked, bought the soundtrack and learned every song, then went and saw it again and sat on the edge of your seat singing every song??????
    Anyone???

My wife, sister-in-law, niece and I went to see it a few months back and we've talked about going again, but I learned all the songs now!
    I'm wondering how different it is seeing it a 2nd time now that you know enough to star in it yourself.
    I personally think it might make it more fun!
    Last edited by cal4iri; 05-15-2007 at 09:22 AM.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Re: Wicked the 2nd time around??

I was the opposite. I had the soundtrack before I saw the show. Knew every line to every song. I had a hard time not singing along when I saw the show in 2005.

Leading up to seeing the show in April, I decided to not listen to the soundtrack for a few months. I wanted the show to feel exciting and new the second time. It was just as magical. The only song I sang along with (ok lip sync'd) was One Short Day.

I really want to see teh show again in the fall.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Man O Lantern

The first time I saw it in the fall of 2004, I didn't have the soundtrack, and knew very little about it. Then we bought the soundtrack and memorized it, and when I saw it the summer of 2005 (with mamabot!), I was underwhelmed.

I did what mamabot did when I saw it last fall, I didn't listen to the soundtrack for a long time. But I did watch YouTube videos over and over again of the actresses (Megan Hilty and Shoshana Bean) that were in the show we were seeing. That got me excited for the live show, instead of expecting what was on the soundtrack.

We went three times in September and each time, it was fresh and beautiful! I think not listening to the soundtrack helped. The talent of Shoshana and Megan, though....wow! They really blew me away with each performance!

• Oh bother!

When I saw it the first time, I was a total "newbie" - hadn't heard the music, didn't know the plot... LOVED it!

I went a second time 6 weeks later. The element of surprise was gone and I have to admit it was a little less magical but it gave me a chance to catch everything (especially the jokes and inside references) that I had missed while being spellbound the first time around.
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

•   

Wow!
    We really need to stop listening to the soundtrack then!

We're trying to get a bigger group together this time. A lot of the family loved Wizard of Oz but doesn't know much about Wicked until we went.
    We'll see what happens!

Thanks for the replies!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

If you are looking for group tickets, Broadway LA is awesome. I used them both times when setting up the tickets for Wicked. It is the official group sales for the Pantages. Their ticket prices range from $35-88 per ticket. There is a minimum of 15 tickets to be considered a group.

They do have a processing fee of $10 per ticket order. They will even give you suggestions of how to get the best seats for the show.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Ive only seen it once...but WOW i listen to the soundtrack all the time...and I'm trying to learn the songs on piano and guitar...just for fun

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

My daughter saw Wicked in New York, San Francisco, and London. She loved it all three times, in spite of already knowing all the songs and much of the dialogue. She says that she noticed something different each time, and of course each cast member brings something different to the part.
    I think SEEING it that many times is great - I just can't quite make the connection between reading the book and seeing the production.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I saw it in NY twice and then on tour twice in MA and RI. I was worried nobody would live up to the original cast but I found myself noticing little things each time. Each performer put a little of themself into the performance and they were all wonderful. Nothing will ever beat the excitement and wonder of the first time, though.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Saw the show on Broadway with the original cast and bought the album at intermission. Ended up listening to it over and over on the plane ride home.
    Didn't see it again until last August and was still crying by Defying Gravity and For Good.
    I will never get tired of that musical

•   

I've had this line stuck in my head for days!

"There are bridges you crossed you didn't you crossed until you croooooooooooooooooooooooooooooossed."

• Circle of Ancients

I bought the soundtrack before I saw it at the Pantages Theatre. I really prefer to see the show first then listen to the soundtrack because then I visually see the show in my mind as they are singing the songs.

Our family wants to see Wicked a 2nd time around. Hopefully, we can get tickets for the fall showing.

• I'm Flying High

I know all of the songs and I haven't even seen Wicked yet! I will restrain myself from singing them when I see it though because it annoys other people. By the way, I just listened to the bridges you crossed part in Thank Goodness right now.
    The daydream princess