Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Lily Allen @ The Wiltern 5/15/07

So last night me and Frenchy went to the Lily Allen concert at the Wiltern. We have been long fans of Lily’s , love her personality, music and who can’t get a kick out of her lyrics! I just love that she doesn’t give a hoot and just lays it out there!

The opening act was a DJ (who was spinning a wide variety of music, but the 80’s music was especially great to hear while waiting for Lily to take stage). Another opener was Kevin Michael, who really needs to work on his lyrics and some of his rhythm. He had 2 others in his group/band who made it entertaining ( I wish it was just them 2 and not the singer). The guitarist was “beat-boxing” while playing the recognizable parts of a lot of popular songs (from Johnny Cash to Justin Timberlake to Deftones to Chemical Bros.) on his guitar. The keyboard player started to “beat-box” too and they started to break-dance a little on the stage.

After the DJ went back on and ended his set to “Sweet Caroline”, it was FINALLLLLYYYYY time for Lily Allen to take stage.

She started out with “LDN”, then went into “Nan you’re a window shopper”. The crowd was electric and she was just GREAT on stage. After the first 2 songs, she took a shot of Jaeger and started to entertain and bless us with her talent. She sang a couple of her new songs, that I can’t wait to hear on her new album!!!

She went into Littlest Things, Not Big (about her ex-bf), Everything’s Just Wonderful, Shame For You. She was joined on stage by the guitarist for “The Specials” and that set was worth the extra wait for Lily to take stage. She then electrified the crowd by finishing up with Friday Night and the crowd was jumping and dancing all around. But the crowd wouldn’t let her get away…

She came out for an encore and she sang a Blondie cover of “Heart of Glass” then ended with her hit song about her lil brother “Alfie”.

Lily Allen was incredible last night and appreciated the Los Angeles crowd by thanking us for lifting her spirits back after a really tough week. Lily said she love coming to Los Angeles, because the crowd in LA takes away the lameness in other parts of the US of A. She also mentioned that San Diego and Sacramento had nothing on Los Angeles.

I love this girl!!!

(Pics from my cell phone coming soon...)
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• I love loop jokes.

Re: Lily Allen @ The Wiltern 5/15/07

I had a great time at the concert. It was really cute when she forgot the words to her own songs so she had to go off stage to look at her lyrics while she was still singing.

She messed up a couple of times, but she was so cute, giggly and charming that it didn't matter.

She also smoked a few cigarettes.

• Circle of Ancients

I was there last night with my hubby and my two girls. I'm not particularly a fan of Lily Allen's music but she was entertaining last night. My hubby and my girls really enjoyed the show.

The guitarist you are referring to from "The Specials", his name is Lynval Golding.

I was tortured last night by Kevin Michael's singing. And thanks for letting me know his name because I didn't know who he was. I would have rathered listened to the DJ than having to stand and listen to this guy who didn't know how to sing.

My daughter did take a few photos from the show but she said they may come out blurry. We were down on the floor. If you are looking at the stage we were on the right hand side.

It was a good turn out last night and an enjoyable evening. It was my first time at the Wiltern Theatre.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

*Jealous*

• I love loop jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post

I was tortured last night by Kevin Michael's singing. And thanks for letting me know his name because I didn't know who he was. I would have rathered listened to the DJ than having to stand and listen to this guy who didn't know how to sing.
    I was getting tortured too! The worst was whan he sang the Victoria Secretssssss song.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    I was getting tortured too! The worst was whan he sang the Victoria Secretssssss song.
    LOL! I cracked up when he started singing that song. I liked the Beat Box guy better. He reminded me of Blake of American Idol.

OMG it was sooooooo annoying!!! I kept looking at Frenchy asking her if we're REALLY listening to this guy sing and say Victoria's Secret, as "Secretsss" that was cruel and unusual punishment!!!

My daughter did take a few photos from the show but she said they may come out blurry. We were down on the floor. If you are looking at the stage we were on the right hand side.
    NICE!!! you were right around Lily's mom?
    [/quote]
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

LOL! I cracked up when he started singing that song. I liked the Beat Box guy better. He reminded me of Blake of American Idol.
    Would have rather had Sanjaya...

I loved Lily's bluntness and just being herself on stage!

The one chord she knows on the guitar hehehe

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by goofygoof View Post

NICE!!! you were right around Lily's mom?
    [/quote]

I wish! We were at the middle right side and we could see the stage perfectly because we were up against this middle wall section where no one could stand in front us to see her perform.

I love it when performers can be blunt and just be themselves. * I loved her giggle. I don't know if you know this or not but she had to cancel most of her US tour because of exhaustion. This is what I read from her blog.

• Man O Lantern

Bah. I had tickets to see her a few months ago, but had to sell them, because it was during spring break and we were going out of town. Huge bummer!!

But my 12 year old and I got to listen to her CD over and over again in the car without her sisters on our Seattle road trip last week...we never get to do that! She's an iTunes staple with my husband, 12 year old and me. I love her accent.

I wish! We were at the middle right side and we could see the stage perfectly because we were up against this middle wall section where no one could stand in front us to see her perform.

I love it when performers can be blunt and just be themselves. * I loved her giggle. I don't know if you know this or not but she had to cancel most of her US tour because of exhaustion. This is what I read from her blog.[/quote]

Nice!!! Yeah I read that a month ago or so too! I was getting mad until I read the bottom where it mentioned she'd still do a few shows!

I can empathize with her on exhaustion, she's been touring for a LONNNGGG time, and she even brought her mom with her for the last couple weeks lol...

LOVED her laugh and giggle too, her voice has gotten better!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Bah. I had tickets to see her a few months ago, but had to sell them, because it was during spring break and we were going out of town. Huge bummer!!

But my 12 year old and I got to listen to her CD over and over again in the car without her sisters on our Seattle road trip last week...we never get to do that! She's an iTunes staple with my husband, 12 year old and me. I love her accent.
    STINKY!!! Thats dissapointing out of town...or Lily...LILY!

She is good road trip music!

Have you guys seen her music videos? I love the Alfie one!

• Tic Tac?

I love the Alfie one, too! I'm a fan of Lily Allen, but I've never got to see her live. I'm with Experiment626 (*jealous*).

Mayor Lurkey rocks!

• Gay Man

The guitarist you are referring to from "The Specials", his name is Lynval Golding.
    Lynval is playing with her now? That's very cool. I'm not sure if he was with her at Coachella. She got some bad reviews for her show at Coachella - I think she was a bit wasted.

Oh, and he singing accent isn't her real accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Afraid View Post
    Lynval is playing with her now? That's very cool. I'm not sure if he was with her at Coachella. She got some bad reviews for her show at Coachella - I think she was a bit wasted.

Oh, and he singing accent isn't her real accent.

Lynval played 2 songs with her.

What is her real accent? She was speaking with a accent too...

• Circle of Ancients

I was hoping to see PerezHilton there, whatever his real name is. I think he likes Lily Allen.

Goofy Goof did you get Lily Allen stickers and a postcard after the show?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast