• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Bob Iger Talks About 'Cavemen,' 'Pirates,' and 'Year of a Million Dreams'

In an interview with MarketWatch, CEO Robert Iger discusses the latest news and trends at the Walt Disney Company.

About ABC's upcoming Fall television lineup:
    "I think ABC did a good job of both learning from the past and recognizing what they believe are some pretty interesting trends in the marketplace--and that is not just to make good shows, but to make them accessible."

About "Cavemen," the new comedy based on the now (in)famous Geico commercials:
    "All the networks have struggled a bit these last few years to find great and successful comedies. (ABC) felt that those characters in those commercials were not just memorable, but really funny and thought that they could do a pretty interesting show which was a take on stereotypes in the modern world."

About the highly-anticipated Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End:
    "I actually believe Pirates 3--which I saw last week--is a great film. I think it actually surpasses Pirates 2 in terms of storytelling, humor, action, romance and people will be extremely satisfied with it. I think that bodes very well for that film."

About marketing the Disney parks:
    "We had a very very successful 2006. It was led by our 50th anniversary celebration in Disneyland. We celebrated in true Disney fashion with more than just Disneyland, but in our parks around the world. Then we followed it up with a new marketing plan, a new offering to consumers this year called Year of a Million Dreams. And from the first six months experience, it’s really working nicely. And the general trends that we're seeing for that business are positive."

For the complete video interview, go to http://www.marketwatch.com/tvradio/p...CC}&siteid=nbs.
    Last edited by disneytim; 05-17-2007 at 08:25 AM.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Re: Bob Iger Talks About 'Cavemen,' 'Pirates,' and 'Year of a Million Dreams'

If you're having any problems accessing the video, you can also visit http://link.brightcove.com/services/...bctid905184500.
    Last edited by disneytim; 05-18-2007 at 07:56 AM.

• Pilot EdForceOne

wow.. don't you think that is a pretty conservative statement from him about AWE? You would think he'd be pumping it as the best thing ever.. best film of the series, etc.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    wow.. don't you think that is a pretty conservative statement from him about AWE? You would think he'd be pumping it as the best thing ever.. best film of the series, etc.
    I'd never seen him speak before, he's very dry, but I expect that from suits versus creative types. That being said, given the way the question was asked and the nature of the response (which talks about franchises in general and specifically about Spiderman 3 and it's performance, etc.) he DID give it a glowing review.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Bob knows what he talks about. He's not a smoke and mirrors kind of guy. Eisner talked up stuff just for the sake of talking up stuff. Bob knows what to say and how to say it, and he tells the truth about what is really on his mind.
    -Bill