Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Re: Disney buying Disney Store back?

I think Children's Place is doing a good job managing the stores, at least in my area of Pittsburgh. They are getting different merchandise and the new stores are pretty cool. But I can remember 10 years ago when the Disney stores were awesome and had everything! Oh well.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    The operation should be closed, keeping only huge, impressive World of Disney-like stores in key regional tourist markets at most.

Disney needs to be made special again. The K-Mart-ing of the brand has been bad for all of Disney's businesses in the long term. The Disney Store deal merely perpetuates the problem.
    Agreed. Disney needs to be exciting again.

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Either way, most everybody knows that last place to look for any truly cool "Walt Disney" related product is at one of the Disney branded institutions (Disney Channel, Disney Store, etc.).
    I have to go to the local video store to purchase the Walt Disney Teasures DVDs. I find that to be very telling. My only recent purchase from the Disney Store was a Walt Disney World Annual Pass.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    Extremely doubtful that they would ever bring back Disney travel kiosks within the stores. Some stores had them in the past and ended up closing them, cause they wasn't extremely popular, to make more retail space. There is only one store that I know for sure that had a kiosk like that was in Warwick, RI.

Also the Disney charge card will most likely never come back either. Though I did enjoy it since it was my one of my first cards. The new Chase Visa does have better benefits even if it does have a high interst rate, (but the Disney card did too)
    did chase take over that card program? or did monogram credit card bank discontinue the program?
    Last edited by disneyfan07; 05-20-2007 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    did chase take over that card program? or did monogram credit card bank discontinue the program?

Well I don't know who ended the arrangement with monogram credit card Disney or the bank. My guess would be that Chase presented the Disney Visa idea and Disney jumped at the chance to upgrade their credit card offering. But wouldn't be able to keep both, as it would be a conflict of interest, so they went for the option that had greater appeal to both guests and Disney. Actually wasn't the new Disney Visas first issued through Capital One bank?

Either case the old Disney cards were made invalid in Oct 04 shortly after the new Visa was rolled out, and all old accounts were considered dead once the balances were paid off.
    Last edited by Disney Magic; 05-21-2007 at 05:39 AM.

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

One of the reasons I liked the early Disney Stores is that it was like getting a little bit of the theme park experience but a lot closer to home. It really felt like you were "stepping into Disney". The stores were richly themed. The service was great and personable. There was creative synergy with the parks and other parts of Disney. Alot of that has definitely been lost.

I still shop their with my family and we get lots of cool stuff there, but it's not the same as it was.

Scaling back the number of locations would definitely be a step in the right direction. Maybe taking back the stores from CP and once again allowing that synergy with other parts of the company would help too.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• Banned User

well, if the plan is for our company(Disney) to repurchase the disney store(s), lets hope that history does not repeat itself and the right people are selected to run and manage the stores.

• Do I seem familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    Actually wasn't the new Disney Visas first issued through Capital One bank?

Either case the old Disney cards were made invalid in Oct 04 shortly after the new Visa was rolled out, and all old accounts were considered dead once the balances were paid off.
    Disney Visa was originally offered by Bank One, and then merged with (or was purchased by) Chase Bank, I think maybe a year ago? I haven't switched cards over yet; I still use the card with Bank One on the card.

And reading about the old Disney cards completely jogged my memory. I remember working at DLR and seeing those cards, having to advise guests that they would expire shortly!

• back to WDW in January

See the following previous thread posted June 8th regarding the future of the Disney Stores:
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67094
    Hopefully this will answer all your questions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12