Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Disney Dream 10/23!!

Really? I loved book four. I can't wait for HBP!!!!!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Small Panda After All
    I'm absolutely fascinated to see how they're going to do the fourth movie. It was my least favorite book so far, but wow, I'd love to see how they fit everything in. I definitely could have done without the Weasley twin red herring plot. I just want to see Ralph Fiennes get Voldy on us.

Anyway, Nephy, you found the deleted scenes on the first one, didn't you. THey were a pain in the booty to get.
    No, I don't think I have- directions please?

I never thought my silly little mistake would spawn this sort of thread..go figure.

• My cuties!

I'll be interested in how they pull off the 4th book without making it over 3 hours! I was REALLY disappointed with the 3rd one and the parts that were left out. Doesn't help that I had just reread the book before seeing the movie -- I won't make that mistake again!

• insufferable know-it-all

I'd be terribly disappointed if the movie was too short. Better, IMHO, to break a book up into two separate films than to make it too short and leave out the brilliant storytelling that caught the world's imagination in the first place.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Puppy Cuddles

One of the most exciting features of the release has been locked away on Warner Home Video’s version of 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer’s Stone'– the deleted scenes. We tell you how to get to these treasures and how to make your way through the lengthy games that hide these scenes.

First, insert the second disc containing the extra features. Highlight the feature titled 'Diagon Alley' and hit enter. You have to hit the correct bricks in order for the door to open. Hit 'left,''up,''up,' then the 'Enter' key. Then 'up,' and 'Enter.' Then 'up,' and 'Enter' again. Next hit 'right,''down,''down,' and 'Enter.' Then 'down' and 'Enter' again. Don't worry if you mess up, you'll be allowed to enter anyway. The first step is to access your bank account. Highlight the sign titled 'Gringotts' and hit the 'Down' arrow key on your remote control to highlight the key on the sign. Then hit 'Enter.' Then in the bank, hit 'right' and 'Enter' to open your vault. Exit the bank and highlight the sign titled 'Ollivanders' and hit 'Enter.' In here, it doesn't matter which boxes you choose, the third or fourth try, you will get your wand.

Now that you have your wand you can go to class. Return to the Main Menu, and select the 'Classrooms' entry. Then, choose potions from the next menu. Hit 'right' to highlight the mortar and pestle and hit 'Enter.' You will now be required to choose the correct ingredients for three potions. The first potion is the Sleeping Potion. The correct ingredients are Asphodel and Wormwood, hit 'right' twice and 'Enter,' then 'right' once more and 'Enter.' The next question is for the alternative name for Aconite. The answers are Monkshood and Wolfsbane, hit 'right' and 'Enter,' then 'right' twice more then 'Enter' to select them. The final potion you have to create is the cure for a boil. The correct ingredients are Snake Fangs and Porcupine Quills. Hit 'right' and 'Enter,' then 'right' three times and 'Enter.'

You will then be transported to a room with lots of flying keys where you must select the correct key. Hit 'right,''up,''up,''right,' and 'Enter' to select the small key with the broken wing. Next, you will have to choose the right potion between seven of them. Hit 'right' twice, then 'Enter' to select the yellow spherical bottle. You will then finally be transported to the Mirror of Erised, where you can select the sorcerer's stone, and be transported to the bonus scenes.

This is only one of many ways to get access to these deleted scenes and the disc itself is stuffed with extras and hidden bonuses throughout. Simply try to use your remote control and go on a little excursion yourself and you, too, shall see the many features hiding behind pixie dust, papers, boxes and vials.

There’s another hidden feature on the first disc of the set. Insert it and from the Main Menu press the 'right' arrow key on your remote control to highlight the Owl. Press 'Enter' now and you will receive your very own invitation to Hogwarts.
    I got this off a website because I havent' gone through the process in a while and can't quite remember everything. My personal favorite is the extended Snape intro scene. THere's about seven or eight in total, all pretty short, but it's kinda fun to get there.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Rock Star Minion

What can't be deleted from Book 4?
    Apparently, the movie starts at the Quidditch World Cup, so no portkey transportation? That's important for later.
    How much of Percy could be left out? Probably lots, but that becomes important in Book 5.
    The meeting with Sirius Black in the cave outside of Hogsmeade? Lots of back story there.
    None of the Triwizard tasks, obviously.
    The "Mad-Eye Moody" scenes, although maybe some could be dropped. Important to gain the trust of the audience that this is a "good guy."
    The Pensieve? Again, lots of backstory. Maybe it can be sped up a bit.
    The Weasley Twins story with Bagman? Maybe. It merely establishes the already-known fact that Bagman has a gambling problem.

I think a highly manic pace will be necessary to get as much of the story in as possible. No establishing shots of Hogwarts, no reaction shots without dialogue.

Maybe the train ride home will be cut again, though seeing Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle in a pile would be fun.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• My cuties!

Crap! I just read this on imdb.com:

Mike Newell decided against the studio's original idea of adapting the 734 page book into two separate films to be released several months apart, figuring that he could cut enough of the book's bulky subplots to make a workable film. It was Alfonso Cuarón, the director of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) who convinced him.

The movie is only 150 minutes long according to that site!

• Puppy Cuddles

I'm really on the fence about Alfonso Curon. He dropped one of the most important aspects of characterization in the entire movie. The authors of the Maurauderer's Map. It would have taken, like five extra minutes for Lupin to tell Harry and even get a quick reaction shot, but he left it out. Okay, A Little Princess is one of my favorite movies, but the guy is seriously pissing me off, especially now that I know he's cut subplots. I've just lost confidence in his ability to judge what is and what is not important to the plot. Like sediment said, much of what happens in 4 is important to book 5 so either say it now or you'll have to say it later.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Original Mice-Chatter

I am livid about some of the things butchered in the third movie- the map, the explanation of the stag form that Harry's patronus charm takes...the hatchet job on the shrieking shack scene...ugh. I liked it, but still..I am furious at what that man did to that movie. I am thrilled he is not touching any more.

I want the Moody/Malfoy ferrett transfiguration scene!!!! Hilarious!!!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Small Panda After All
    I got this off a website because I havent' gone through the process in a while and can't quite remember everything. My personal favorite is the extended Snape intro scene. THere's about seven or eight in total, all pretty short, but it's kinda fun to get there.
    THANK YOU!!!! I shall try this tomorrow.

• Puppy Cuddles

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    THANK YOU!!!! I shall try this tomorrow.
    But of course. Harry is my passion behind only Disney and it's good to know that I have people here with whom I can discuss both.

• My cuties!

The stuff that was cut was mainly dialogue so it wouldn't have added any extra $ to be spent on special effects, etc. Also, I can't stand the new castle and grounds (especially the lake) -- it just didn't fit with the descriptions in the books.

• Puppy Cuddles

My main problem is the clothes. When they were wearing robes,t here was a sort of timeless feel to them. Once you put the kids in street clothes, though, you've dated the movie. And it does sort of seem like the sun never shines at Hogwarts anymore...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12