Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Original Mice-Chatter

Harry Potter HELP

I am watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on ABC Family- and it has scenes I have never seen before. Does anyone know why it is not on the DVD release? Will an extended version be released?

I feel like I am being teased with Potter I have not seen yet!! That I must have!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Never mind- I found them on the second DVD- phew..I am not being left out.

• Minion

OMG! I'm watching it too and I was wondering the same thing!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Everytime I watch that movie, it seems like there's new scenes I haven't seen before, but I guess there's just so much going on, I just kinda phase some of the scenes out

• Original Mice-Chatter

Check out the second DVD- there are like 18 additional deleted scenes.

•   
    • Minion

Those scenes make it a much differant movie in tone, because like the book there is a message to the story... I understand why they edited them out, but it is just a shame they had to do that...

There are also alternative scenes that I think work better to the extended plot line...
    Check out my other blog:

• șoș Tom șoș

I would love to see all of the Harry Potter films re-released after all 7 are completed with the longer cuts with the missing scenes- like the extended Lord of the Rings---its not better just different and interesting.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    I would love to see all of the Harry Potter films re-released after all 7 are completed with the longer cuts with the missing scenes- like the extended Lord of the Rings---its not better just different and interesting.
    That's exactly why I haven't bought any on DVD yet!

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    That's exactly why I haven't bought any on DVD yet!
    Same here. Someone gave me numero uno but I haven't been able to bring myself to get the other 2 yet simply because I do expect a bad *** box set with not just the additional scenes but recut...Warner Bros knows they could make a killing on it!

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    Just wait till you see the cut scenes from the New Star Wars movie...
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Circle of Ancients

The Extended LOTR ARE better ... they are more like the books, which I just got done reading for the 10th time.

I can't wait to see the deleted scenes from SW III. I know what they are and it pisses me off that they weren't there.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries
    Took the words right out of my mouth. I guess not everyone can be Peter Jackson, but why not spend another month and put a directors cut together before releasing the DVD? They managed to get it together for the televised version, but couldn't do it for the DVD?? I expect they'll make more $$$ down the road.

27 days until HBP??

• Banned User

Book 4's movie should come out with a LOTR version... short.. then extended...

cause Book 4 is how many opages long.. and the movie is going to be how long.. they need more in it...

Especially with book 5...

Too bad they probably did not do it for book 4... but maybe for book 5.. which is probably in writting/adapting stages now...

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Book 4's movie should come out with a LOTR version... short.. then extended...

cause Book 4 is how many opages long.. and the movie is going to be how long.. they need more in it...
    I think it's a lot harder to do than that. The final-cut movie has to make sense, so the cut portions could be stories that were cut out entirely. They couldn't hold any information important for the final-cut movie.

I think it's a shame that so much of the long-term plotlines (Weasley twins) and clues have been taken out of the movies. For example, I wonder if Dumbledore's reference to the Room of Requirement (?) will be included, so that Movie 5's use of it for the D.A.'s practice sessions?
    But, that's what the books are for: for reading.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Puppy Cuddles

I'm absolutely fascinated to see how they're going to do the fourth movie. It was my least favorite book so far, but wow, I'd love to see how they fit everything in. I definitely could have done without the Weasley twin red herring plot. I just want to see Ralph Fiennes get Voldy on us.

Anyway, Nephy, you found the deleted scenes on the first one, didn't you. THey were a pain in the booty to get.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast