Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Just Me

Add me to the list that doesn't watch it now. I haven't watched it at all in about 4 years.

• is satisfactual.

Well, Cartoon Network is more fun anyway, I think. I mean, sure, I love Disney, but I'd rather watch something Hanna-Barbra than one of those annoying, jerky, forced recent attempts at making Mickey Mouse/Donald Duck/Goofy cartoons the way they did before 1960. Not that I watch a lot of cartoons anymore, but hypothetically speaking...

I've stopped watchin this channel altogether except for a show I found by accident last night called Brandy and Mr. Whiskers. I thought it was an ok show. Kinda funny.

• Circle of Ancients

Yeah, I'm with all of you who don't watch it now anyway, so no biggie for me to boycott.

But then again, I'm so against pointless boycotts I may start watching it now just for the heck of it.

• Part of Your World

I love Even Stevens. They need that on dvd.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I LOVE Playhouse Disney! They have some of the cutest shows and I would never DREAM of boycotting them! I trust their programming and feel that my son can watch without my having to worry. Although he pretty much watches only playhouse disney, so I never see the other programming they have except House of Mouse which I also love!

As far as the commercials, I much prefer theirs to other networks where they promote video games and junk food and who knows what else that I prefer my son doesn't see. That is why my son only watches Disney Channel and PBS with the exception of Dora or Blue's Clues on occasion- but I am super careful to change it before commercials!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Prefect

Blog Entries
    disney channel is good in the mornings. playhouse disney has some cute shows without commercials. house of mouse is good, too, because it runs some of the older cartoons & showcases the fab 5. after 3:30/4:00, it's never on over here.

unfortunately, my son likes toon disney. it's alright in the mornings, too, but jetix...i just don't get.
    <o>

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    That being said, I don't understand why they couldn't have a "Vault Disney Channel"... Change the ABC Family Channel to Disney Family Channel... and turn the exhisting Disney Channel to Disney Kids...

I still want more theme park oriented content!!! Darn it...

That is actually an excellent idea. In this day and age, everyone has multiple channels on the same network so it would make perfect sense. It would allow Disney to compete with Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon while still centering on their core Disney audience on another channel. The Disney Channel is a powerful asset to create theme park awareness and let people know what's going on in the parks. What better PR than to entertain people and inform them of your upcoming attractions at the same time. It would generate a lot of interest from higher-profit tourists because cable is national. It's pretty sad when Travel Channel is airing more content about Imagineers and Disney theme parks throughout the world than Disney themselves.

I would LOVE to see a Vault Disney Channel with theme park specials thrown in to publicize their next big attraction. Even if they just spent an hour on one single ride explaining its history and design process it'd be so fascinating. It'd be cheap for Disney because not only is it in-house, they wouldn't have to design sets or animation. Why is this always the case for big corporations? People have to literally beg them to get something the public would salivate over. It's like these companies spend millions of dollars on "research" and focus groups when all they need to do is read a couple Internet blogs or message boards.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink
    As far as the commercials, I much prefer theirs to other networks where they promote video games and junk food and who knows what else that I prefer my son doesn't see. That is why my son only watches Disney Channel and PBS with the exception of Dora or Blue's Clues on occasion- but I am super careful to change it before commercials!

Playhouse Disney plays McDonald's commercials all the time! In fact, the only commercial that I've ever seen on PD is the McDonald's commercial. We record JoJo's Circus and the Wiggles every day for my 2 year old, and every time I have to skip through the stupid McD's commercial. That's my one big problem with the Disney Channel -- that they allow McDonald's to advertise on shows that are aimed at toddlers and preschoolers. Advertising total junk food to such young children is just wrong, IMO.

• Having a Grand Day!

I'll boycot it... The Disney Channel building is the one thorn in my Harbour view...

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    I'll boycot it... The Disney Channel building is the one thorn in my Harbour view...
    There's a Disney Channel building? Psh...I never saw it....or at least noticed it. I probably wouldnt have unless it has a huge pair of mouse ears on it somewhere.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Star
    Playhouse Disney plays McDonald's commercials all the time! In fact, the only commercial that I've ever seen on PD is the McDonald's commercial. We record JoJo's Circus and the Wiggles every day for my 2 year old, and every time I have to skip through the stupid McD's commercial. That's my one big problem with the Disney Channel -- that they allow McDonald's to advertise on shows that are aimed at toddlers and preschoolers. Advertising total junk food to such young children is just wrong, IMO.
    You are right, I forgot about the occasional McDonald's commercial. We have been watching more of PBS lately I guess, which also shows McD's commercials now that I think about it.

But generally they never show food I don't think, not that it makes much difference. Isn't it usually just Ronald or kids or something?

I guess that never bothered me because my son associates McD's with a playground since that is why we go there. During the winter we went there a couple times a week so he could play indoors with other kids.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    Sorry, I know this isn't the popular opinion, but I LOVE THE DISNEY CHANNEL! And I'll continue to enjoy its programming until Jr Miss Sunnygirl is too old for it.

Why stop when Jr. Miss Sunnygirl is too old for it?

• a saweet songbird =)

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88
    we all of course know that the stuff on disney channel now is crap compared to what it once was, what with these new stupid shows and commercials every 10 miniutes... theyre newest animated series (something about a fly) is the biggest piece of crap i have ever seen... perhaps if we just stop watching this channel and send letters about the issue we can win our channel back... whos with me???
    As much as I'd like to watch the shows on Disney in which I grew up with I can't help but, to think that things change according to the times. Although the new shows may be crap to those who grew up watching the classic black-and-white Mickey cartoons or Pooh's Corner in the 80's, it again may spark the interest of kids today. Change is inevitable and frankly, most people hate it. I mean, we're creatures of habit, can you blame us? So, as much as i'd like to say count me in, i'm afraid I'll have to decline the generous offer! :o

• Former Epcot CM

On the Disney Channel UK, they show a classic every Saturday night at 7pm. I can remember watching at one point;
    - Cinderella
    - Sleeping Beauty
    - Pocahontas
    - Hercules
    - Beauty and the Beast
    - The Little Mermaid
    - Pinocchio
    - Bambi

Plus some modern favourites

- Toy Story
    - Bugs Life
    - Toy Story 2
    - Monsters Inc
    - Lilo and Stitch (thats a classic as well though isn't it)

Brother Bear is coming soon, and to answer the theme park thing, I can remember watching a special about the Walt Disney Studios when it opened. They have popular bands in to play on their Studio Disney slot (2-5pm weekdays) and presenters are sent to the REAL Walt Disney Studios, the ABC studios, and WDW (Disneyland isn't very well known in the UK, it is often confused with Disneyland Paris) reguarly for specials. Honest.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California