Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• keep moving forward...

Boycott disney channel, whos with me?

we all of course know that the stuff on disney channel now is crap compared to what it once was, what with these new stupid shows and commercials every 10 miniutes... theyre newest animated series (something about a fly) is the biggest piece of crap i have ever seen... perhaps if we just stop watching this channel and send letters about the issue we can win our channel back... whos with me???

• e komo mai

Well, I don't watch the Disney Channel at all anyway. So I guess I'm participating in your boycott. Kim Possible is about the only thing I have any interest in and I think I've seen all the episodes.

migitmouse88 - What would you like the Disney Channel to be like?

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    I would have two upset little kids on my hands if I boycotted the Disney Channel. They love the shows. Ali has a crush on Zack & Cody.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• keep moving forward...

like the disney channel when there was no commercials and a kid can wacth it with theyre family instead of it being aimed towards teens as a target market. i miss old shows like Avonlei. the mickey mouse club (skecth comedy) and the old disney afternoon lineup.

• Minion

Now here's a boycott that I can get into!

Unfortunately, most adults don't watch the Disney Channel at all, and Disney has made it clear that the purpose of the "new" Disney Channel is to hold onto the child market. It wants to take viewers away from the Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and other kids channels...

So I guess you'd have to get the little ones to stop watching... Good luck with that!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I know this isn't the popular opinion, but I LOVE THE DISNEY CHANNEL! And I'll continue to enjoy its programming until Jr Miss Sunnygirl is too old for it.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• e komo mai

Okay, I have issues with their commercials, too. I mean, it's cable, right? You don't need the freakin' commercials... I mean, who cares what new Raven show there is...

• Minion

I doubt a boycot would be effective, but a letter writing campaign? Don't know if that would work, but I am willing to join an effort...
    Check out my other blog:

• șoș Tom șoș

Whoa whoa whoa??? Disney Channel is currently in a slump I agree but they have produced some excellent children's entertainment over the last 5 to 10 years and showcased some excellent talent.

*Even Stevens- was not the best show but Shia Lebouf really shined as did the actress who played his sister- Christie Roman Stamos who went on to play Belle on Broadway.

*The Famous Jet Jackson- was an extremly fun show and the writing, cast, direction and special effects were pretty good.

*Lizzy Maquire- Introduced a fresh faced Hillary Duff to the general public.

*Kim Possible is fresh, funny and creative- I can't find an equal on Cartoon Network.

Plus dozens of posistive movies with excellent messages. Ratings are still good so they must be doing something right. If you don't like it, then don't watch it.

• insufferable know-it-all

Huh. Haven't watched Disney channel since they got rid of Vault Disney. So, um, yeah, boycott wouldn't change my viewing habits one iota.

I still don't understand why they can't move the current programming to their so-called "Family" channel that's sitting useless. Restore the Disney channel to showing actual Disney stuff. Run the Lilo and Stitch and other cartoons if they want, like in the morning and early afternoons, but then run grownups programs in the evening - either run classic Disney films from our youth, or vault disney programs. One thing I'd really like to see would be a weekly "imagineer" show. Do items on existing attractions, new attractions, attractions that never were. Go into the history of things, or the science behind the engineering, stuff like that. Sort of like Nova for Disney geeks. And treat it like Nova, not interrupting it for moments of distracting "hipness" or bad puns.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• off in lala land

I don't necessiarly hate the Disney Channel, but I don't love it either. I enjoy some of the current shows on there (Lizzy [even though it's cancelled], Even Stevens, Phil of the Future), and some of the shows are just over the top cheese factors (Raven, Jack and Cody).

I am not a fan of the cartoon series that are showing on there either. Once in while, one of the movies is enjoyable to watch.

Of the current shows, Lizzy was my favorite to watch, so much so, that it was on my Tivo's Season Pass.
    ...it's been a long time.

• keep moving forward...

ah shucks makes a good point... all mentioned were good, well made shows and they would probably still be on if it werent for the dreaded 65 episode limit.... i just dont like the brand new shows disney channel is currently showing... they pretty much canceled house of mouse, and all of the good series they used to have and the animation series are really starting to get quite stupid ex- dave the barbarrian, the show about the dragon, the show about the bunny and the poodle, the show about the fly, i just cant stand how these shows are still poupular yet so pointless, kim possible showed how disney channel can really make high quality animation for kids without over or under doing it, i admit that i will be wacthing disney channel tonite because in an attempt to bring mickey mouse back to the disney channel they decided to show the three musketeers (not the best movie, but if enough people wacth then they will show mickey and the other classic characters more often) when they show the classic movies like they have been showing, i wacth them to support them showing these movies more often. but i highly disagree with the channels decision to show theyre "original" series all the time, and they can at least take back vault disney. i most enjoyed disney channel when the origianl series were first coming out, but some old shows were showing too, and some shows were even there that didnt even belong to the company a time when they were showing shows like the famous jett jackson, growing pains, brotherly love, so weird, the jersy, and yet they still found the time to show the original mickey mouse instead of commercial breaks. the thing i like most about the channel right now is how they stay kindof true to where they came from, i like it how the logo for the channel is still mickey mouses ears, and how they are atleast trying to show some classics.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88
    ah shucks makes a good point... all mentioned were good, well made shows and they would probably still be on if it werent for the dreaded 65 episode limit.... i just dont like the brand new shows disney channel is currently showing... they pretty much canceled house of mouse, and all of the good series they used to have and the animation series are really starting to get quite stupid ex- dave the barbarrian, the show about the dragon, the show about the bunny and the poodle, the show about the fly, i just cant stand how these shows are still poupular yet so pointless, kim possible showed how disney channel can really make high quality animation for kids without over or under doing it, i admit that i will be wacthing disney channel tonite because in an attempt to bring mickey mouse back to the disney channel they decided to show the three musketeers (not the best movie, but if enough people wacth then they will show mickey and the other classic characters more often) when they show the classic movies like they have been showing, i wacth them to support them showing these movies more often. but i highly disagree with the channels decision to show theyre "original" series all the time, and they can at least take back vault disney. i most enjoyed disney channel when the origianl series were first coming out, but some old shows were showing too, and some shows were even there that didnt even belong to the company a time when they were showing shows like the famous jett jackson, growing pains, brotherly love, so weird, the jersy, and yet they still found the time to show the original mickey mouse instead of commercial breaks. the thing i like most about the channel right now is how they stay kindof true to where they came from, i like it how the logo for the channel is still mickey mouses ears, and how they are atleast trying to show some classics.
    That being said, I don't understand why they couldn't have a "Vault Disney Channel"... Change the ABC Family Channel to Disney Family Channel... and turn the exhisting Disney Channel to Disney Kids...

I still want more theme park oriented content!!! Darn it...
    Check out my other blog:

• keep moving forward...

i really miss disney's inside out.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries
    I don't watch it much these days, now that my son is older. My number one complaint is that the only commercial I EVER see on that channel is that horrible Build A Bear commercial, with the girl and the rabbit, and the singing....gives me the shivers just thinking about it!

I do like Dave the Barbarian though. And I LOVE The Weekenders.
    A signature should go here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast