Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Huh?

Re: Would You Like To See Some Disney Movies Redone?

Quote Originally Posted by goofgeek View Post
    I knew about the Swiss Family Robinson remake soon (which im surprisngly looking forward too.), but I don't really count that first remake of of Escape that much seeing as it was a made for Tv movie.
    I dunno... once was enough. One reason I wasn't in favor of seeing the Freaky Friday remake -- the original was good enough and I didn't much like the made-for-TV remake that came before it.

Though, the Absent-Minded Professor remake with Harry Anderson was good for a TV movie of the era, Flubber wasn't as much of a worthy predecessor.

A movie's a movie, no matter the output.
    -Tim

• Purple Crates ♥

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    the Haunted Mansion

rofl

definately!!!

• Disneyland Addict

Child of Glass! It scared me to death as a little kid and it had crappy effects, it could be done so much better now.

• Minion

Dr. Syn, Alias the Scarecrow

Escape to Witch Mountain

TRON

Child of Glass

Blackbeard's Ghost

The Haunted Mansion (just forget the other one was made and start over)

• Married and happy again!!

I'll have to go with a movie I love but could be done so much better now: The Black Hole (I'll give it props cause I seem to be the only one who loves it) . The old chessy SFX could be done now to look so much more like the scenes with asteroids are crashing in to the U.S.S Cygnus especialy the giant one that rolls thru the ship. All the robots could be done so much more realistic now.

The Witch Mountain movies could be super redo's as long as they are done right cause they are great the way they are.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Senior Minion

I think that if they ever re-did Sleeping Beauty, they should cast Emmy Rossum as the voice of Aurora. She has that young voice and a magnificent singing voice, as she sang opera for many years.
    I would love to hear her sing "Once Upon A Dream"
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalover View Post
    I'll have to go with a movie I love but could be done so much better now: The Black Hole (I'll give it props cause I seem to be the only one who loves it) . The old chessy SFX could be done now to look so much more like the scenes with asteroids are crashing in to the U.S.S Cygnus especialy the giant one that rolls thru the ship. All the robots could be done so much more realistic now.

The Witch Mountain movies could be super redo's as long as they are done right cause they are great the way they are.
    I like "The Black Hole" too! I have it on DVD. My children also enjoy it. It is one of those ones I wouldn't want remade because aside from a few questionable SFX scenes it does pretty good. Acting is ok, the story is good, and most of the SFX work well. The only reason to remake it would be for the new effects technology and as I said IMHO that is not a good enough reason to remake a film.

I wonder if with the technology we have now they could take the existing movie and replace some of the questionable SFX with better looking modern stuff? Like a "special edition" rather than totally remake the movie?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    The Black Cauldron - A dark and deep fairy tale/fantasy that Disney couldn't figure out what to do with the first time.
    I agree, I think they could do so much more with it now a days.

Quote Originally Posted by goofgeek View Post
    I'm pulling for an Escape to Witch Mountain remake.
    LOVED this movie, I would love to see it redone, it was a favorite of mine as a child.

I would also like to see an update of The Computer that Wore Tennis Shoes, I think that would be a good one to do with today's technology.

i compeletly agree with the Haunted mansion remake. You have great potentail in that ride for a really great movie and instead they turn it into a really cheap movie with eddie murphy. Also as much as i love mary poppins and it is my favorite and probably in my opinion the best disney movie ever made, i would love to see a remake of it done with the same plot and songs as the broadway show.

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I would also like to see an update of The Computer that Wore Tennis Shoes, I think that would be a good one to do with today's technology.
    Didn't they do that years ago with Kirk Cameron?
    -Tim

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    Didn't they do that years ago with Kirk Cameron?

I meant a real remake.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

No. More. Remakes!!!

• Huh?

Remake Country Bears! With the talent they have these days, they might be able to make a great film...
    -Tim

• Married and happy again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    I like "The Black Hole" too! I have it on DVD. My children also enjoy it. It is one of those ones I wouldn't want remade because aside from a few questionable SFX scenes it does pretty good. Acting is ok, the story is good, and most of the SFX work well. The only reason to remake it would be for the new effects technology and as I said IMHO that is not a good enough reason to remake a film.

I wonder if with the technology we have now they could take the existing movie and replace some of the questionable SFX with better looking modern stuff? Like a "special edition" rather than totally remake the movie?
    The Special Edition thing is sort of what I ment cause I wouldn't want to replace any of the actors. I love that cast! I too have it on dvd and I like it so much I have it on my video iPod.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    I think that if they ever re-did Sleeping Beauty, they should cast Emmy Rossum as the voice of Aurora. She has that young voice and a magnificent singing voice, as she sang opera for many years.
    I would love to hear her sing "Once Upon A Dream"
    Sacrilige! Now that's an example of don't fix what ain't broken.

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    Remake Country Bears! With the talent they have these days, they might be able to make a great film...
    100% agree. Not only was the plot so dumb for the movie (a bear thinks he's a human and belongs in that family?), but for some reason the film itself was not really a musical. I was baffled sicne the Country Bears sing!

I think this movie would work better as an animated musical film.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast