Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: Would You Like To See Some Disney Movies Redone?

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    >>That's the big problem. Disney movies being redone. They were PERFECT to begin with - I say Re-Release them in theatres for a certain time - don't remake them. Bad idea, I think.<<

Disneyland Daddy is my hero!

You know, out of all the following Disney remakes

The Love Bug ("Herbie Fully Loaded")
    The Parent Trap (")
    Freaky Friday (")
    Pollyanna ("Polly")
    The Shaggy Dog (")
    The Absent-Minded Professor ("Flubber")
    That Darn Cat! (")
    101 Dalmatians (")
    The Jungle Book (")
    The Incredible Journey ("Homeward Bound")
    The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes (")
    Swiss Family Robinson ("Beverly Hills Family Robinson")

...Not one of them is better than the original. And the vast majority are highly inferior.
    Well stated Merlinjones - you too are MY MiceChat hero!

"TRON" has a great deal of potential to be remade into something that supplants the original.

A feature-length movie adapted from the short-subject "Captain EO" has possibilities, too.

A feature-length movie adapted from the short-subject "Captain EO" has possibilities, too.
    As a MUSICAL?

• Closed Account

Live action Treasure Island!

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    I wouldn't want to see Tron redone but would love to see a sequel. Tron 2.o (Like the video game that came out) but with more up to date CGI and real actors
    I'm confident Jeff Bridges and David Warner will support your desire for "real" actors.

Imageine the Giant Squid attack CGI.
    Like the Kraken attacking the Black Pearl?

Nope. Can't imagine it at all.

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Almost all of my ideas have already been said.

I think Tron would be AMAZING. It had special effects that were "brand new" at the time and who knows how they could do to it today!

20,000 leagues. Man, watched that today and I can honestly say an updated version could be amazing.

Black Cauldron- The horned king is deffinately a favorite of mine and I won't stand for him being put in that pathetic excuse for a movie.

Country Bears- Do NOT set the movie in the PRESENT, but far off in the western setting and don't have "modern" country, but the kind we actually HEAR on the ride. Oh, and NO people in bear costumes! Geesh! It's called an "animated feature" (prefer 2-D)

The Haunted Mansion- I own the DVD simply because there's nothing else, but I'll soon disown it if Disney ever decides to do the quickest remake in history! Good grief, has everyone heard of the other ideas they had?! Some idiot decided to completely screw them over, I swear. Don Knotts could have been the caretaker (and his last role before he died, bless his soul). Errr, I agree though. NOT MODERN DAY! Make it in the past. Either with the caretaker as the main character (in the 50s/60's sometime) or else furthur back and have the caretaker come in the end...

Tower of Terror- Yes, I know it was a great movie, even if it's only a made-for tv movie, but imagine it redone with a slightly different plot and the huge budget!

And someone got to it before me, I feel it's time to bring the wild west back!

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    As a MUSICAL?
    Yeah, a feature-length musical space opera would be pretty unique.

I think I remember someone in another thread who suggested casting Janet Jackson as the protagonist.

• Minion

I know they do it every 20 years or so, but I too would love to see another Treasure Island, live action, with some really great actors and locations. It's hard to find the version with Charlton Heston, and I heard it was really nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
    I know they do it every 20 years or so, but I too would love to see another Treasure Island, live action, with some really great actors and locations. It's hard to find the version with Charlton Heston, and I heard it was really nicely done.
    It was very well-done and was, in my opinion, the best version I've seen.

Christian Bale played a perfect "Jim Hawkins" who had depth and who was just as conflicted as Heston's "Long John Silver". And, the Chieftains provided the score. The production design and art direction were quite nice, too. I recorded the Ted Turner production when it was originally presented on T.N.T., but I'm not sure if I still have it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    It was very well-done and was, in my opinion, the best version I've seen.

Christian Bale played a perfect "Jim Hawkins" who had depth and who was just as conflicted as Heston's "Long John Silver". And, the Chieftains provided the score. The production design and art direction were quite nice, too. I recorded the Ted Turner production when it was originally presented on T.N.T., but I'm not sure if I still have it.
    Why you gotta rub it in like that??? I can't find this movie... sigh.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
    I'm confident Jeff Bridges and David Warner will support your desire for "real" actors.

Like the Kraken attacking the Black Pearl?

Nope. Can't imagine it at all.

Alright, Those be fighting words!!!! I'm saying that if they do a Tron Sequel (I love Tron just the way it is and wouldn't want to see it redone at all) I would love for it to be like the original and not have the whole movie CGI including the actors. I'm in no way dissing The Dude, Jeff Bridges. His character was my favorite in the movie.

As for the Kraken, the fight scenes in POTC II and the Kraken were no way near as intense as the Giant Squid attack in 20,000 Leagues. Now if the squid was CGI that Squid attack would have been more realistic than rubber tentacles. That's what I was trying to say.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Pirata del Caribe

NO.
    For me it´s not a good idea.
    Actually even a sequels are not good.

Any animated movie, but real action movies, remakes, OK, it will be always interesting to see a newest version of those stories, but usually they never are as great as the classic, no matter how old they are.

The classics are the classics, made by Disney himself.

Any one, even those real action movies.
    I thought:: OK, "Treasure Island" the very forst Disney live action movie.. and I think nooo
    There´s already newest versions of this story. A new one? Just another version...
    Well, perhpas I will love to see the same Disney movie but a new version...

A Disney "Treasure Planet" live action movie: interesting, at least.

So with "20.000 leagues" , that movie is awesome, the original, a new version will be just another movie of the package, as any other action movie these days. Actually there are similars facts between "20.000 Leagues" and POTC 2.
    And there will not be another James Mason as Nemo.
    We don´t wanna be like you. Don´t you get that King of Fools?
    You're the blind to lead the blind.And I walk the wicked way!
    Uno, dos, ya viene por tí
    tres, cuatro, cierra la puerta,
    cinco, seis, mira el crucifijo
    siete, ocho, no duermas aún
    nueve, diez, nunca dormirás...

I thought of another movie that could use a redo: Babes in Toyland. This is an example of a movie that tried to use special effects a little ahead of its time. The part where the main guy is supposed to be as small as toy soldiers is so badly done with a bluescreen or whatever they used. This would make a good Christmas film I think.

Treasure Island is more of a been there, done that scenario. The best version to me is Muppet's Treasure Island. However, a live-action Treasure Planet doesn't seem bad at all. Just get rid of Martin Short's annoying character. I haven't even seen the movie, but after hearing that character in the previews I knew I didn't want to see it.

Tower of Terror also is a nice choice. The original was made for TV and had that made-for-TV vibe about it. An updated story either taking place all in the past or a mixture of past and modern would be good with someone better than Steve Gutenberg.

Tron 2.0 is good too. A sequel would be welcomed I think. I was also thinking about this movie redone, and I thought about Spy Kids 3-D. Isn't that basicly a kid's version of Tron? Rip-off.

• Closed Account

Actually I think Disney attempted to remake Treasure Island but didn't do a very good job!

Treasure Planet
    Muppet's Treasure Island

Although I still like both movies!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234