Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Would You Like To See Some Disney Movies Redone?

Disney has had so many hits, but it has also had some misses. Are there any films that you wish could be redone?
    If you have more than one, post them in order according to the one you want to see redone the most.

1) Pete's Dragon: I really enjoy this movie. It has great songs and a great story. The filming wasn't as good, which made the movie more of a miss. This movie I think has the possibility to be big if redone today, as long as some numbers were re-imagined and a better cast was picked (imagine Jim Carry or Will Ferrell as the medicine man guy and his assistant). My only reservation would be to have Elliot remain traditionally animated rather than CGI or something.

2) Bedknobs and Broomsticks: I really really like the original, but it has never had the fame of Mary Poppins. Again, the story is good, but the animation I think fell a little flat. With today's technology, that part of the film would look spectacular. Mr. Banks (I don't know the actor's name) and Angela Lansbury were fantastic in this film, but the kids were just so-so. I would hate to see someone other than Banks and Lansbury, but I would like to see this movie done on a larger and grander scale. The potential is there to be superbig. Plus Disney would do good to return a live action/animated film to the big screen.

3) Tron: This movie wasn't really a miss, but looking back at it it's very 80s (which isn't a bad thing). I think it could be huger today with the whole computer age upon us. Expanded and including spectacular special effects (just imagine what computers can do today!) would make this film a shoe-in for summer blockbuster.

Do you guys have any ideas?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Re: Would You Like To See Some Disney Movies Redone?

The Black Cauldron - A dark and deep fairy tale/fantasy that Disney couldn't figure out what to do with the first time.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

A well done remade every once in a while would be ok...but frankly I'd rather see more original ideas...something that is lacking in todays hollywood.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

^^I agree, but I'm talking about throughout the next oh say 10 years I'd like to see these 3 refreshed. Spaced out I think it would be fine.

• Jambo!

I'm pulling for an Escape to Witch Mountain remake.

• Minion

Blog Entries

ha ha, chicken little

• insufferable know-it-all

I would've liked to have seen Treasure Planet done, pretty much as it was visually, but as a musical. It cried out to be a musical.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

the Haunted Mansion

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    The Black Cauldron - A dark and deep fairy tale/fantasy that Disney couldn't figure out what to do with the first time.

Definitely what I was gonna say. This was a missed opportunity to make an amazing SERIES of animated films. The Horned King is still a rare favorite among disneyanna, they even used it in the opening for the Disney Sunday Movie all the time so it's engrained in my brain.

Treasure Planet should have been an animated Treasure Island from the start. No need to fix what ain't broken. A good retelling of the original story was all we needed.

TRON would be a fun one to revisit too.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Tic Tac?

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    ha ha, chicken little
    Actually, I agree with this. It would be good for them to fix the mistakes they made in the movie, hopefully to improve its quality. (maybe they could get rid of that Spice Girls song everyone seems to hate so much).
    And while they're at it, they can put 'Mayor Lurkey's pep talk' back into the movie! (I still haven't seen it).

Imagine; Chicken Little - Lassetter Edition.

Mayor Lurkey rocks!

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by goofgeek View Post
    I'm pulling for an Escape to Witch Mountain remake.
    Unless they canceled it, I believe they're already working on this...

Although, I'm not really too in favour of yet another remake of the movie. One remake was enough.
    -Tim

• Knight that says Nee!!

I agree with the "Witch Mountain" suggestion. With all the remakes ("revisioning" is the favorate Hollywood term) flooding theaters for the forseeable future "better SFX" isn't a good enough reason to remake something (IMO). One or both Witch Mountain films can be re-done now though with some better atmosphere, acting, and SFX and be improved from the original.

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    I agree with the "Witch Mountain" suggestion. With all the remakes ("revisioning" is the favorate Hollywood term) flooding theaters for the forseeable future "better SFX" isn't a good enough reason to remake something (IMO). One or both Witch Mountain films can be re-done now though with some better atmosphere, acting, and SFX and be improved from the original.
    Is it possible to get better acting than Betty Davis and Christopher Lee? (Ok, so that movie wasn't the best in their careers...)
    -Tim

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    Is it possible to get better acting than Betty Davis and Christopher Lee? (Ok, so that movie wasn't the best in their careers...)
    Actually I liked Lee's performance. I was thinking more along the lines of making the henchmen less bafoonish and the children didn't really do much characterwise either. Yeah I think its possible.

Really though my point was that a remake only really works if it's done for the right reasons, and generally the right reason (IMO) isn't "we have better special effects now a days." That's why I wouldn't want movies like Tron remade. The story & acting hold up pretty well. Yes its an 80s movie with 80s technology but that doesn't hurt the enjoyment of the film. New SFX would be the only reason to re-do it. I'd feel the same for a movie like "The Black Hole" and some of the animated features that have been mentioned.

• Jambo!

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    Unless they canceled it, I believe they're already working on this...

Although, I'm not really too in favour of yet another remake of the movie. One remake was enough.
    I knew about the Swiss Family Robinson remake soon (which im surprisngly looking forward too.), but I don't really count that first remake of of Escape that much seeing as it was a made for Tv movie.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast