View Poll Results: What did you think of "POTC: AWE"?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Stars - What's Another Word for Pirate Treasure? Booty!

117 43.98%
  • 4 Stars - A Pirates Life for Me!

85 31.95%
  • 3 Stars - A swashbuckling good time...

37 13.91%
  • 2 Stars - Shiver me Timbers!

14 5.26%
  • 1 Star - Argh, that sucked.

13 4.89%
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 12345671429 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Official "POTC: At World's End" Review Thread and Poll

Quote Originally Posted by cyre View Post
    I LOVED IT!! Speedway brought up very good points!! but it is enjoyable! I will be seeing it again (at least one or two more times) to make sure I didn't miss anything.
    i had to do that with #2 and rockin space mountain

im going on saturday for some kids birthday party.
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

I thought it was very cool... at times I was a tad bit confused but was able to figure things out later. I thought the part after the credits was a pretty big plot point, and am surprised they left it for the hardcore fans... I am sure word will spread quick that you must stay till the end.

Heres hoping there is another one...

• in technicolor!

I just got back. My initial reaction, I liked it but I have more negatives that positives that come to mind.

Didn't like:
    I agree with nearly everyone who says the movie is just way too long. I am curious to see what the deleted scenes are because it seemed like everything was in the movie. Also, I agree on the point that the plot had too many characters with too many different agendas. I truly was paying as close of attention as I could, but one point I just decided to give up and see where it went. In the end, I think I understood everything but who knows. There were quite a few WTF? moments such as the multiple jack scenes and Calypso blowing up to look like a Macy's day balloon which had me cracking up and the sheer absurdity.

What I did like:
    The Malstrom scene was fantastic.

The effects and the music were brilliant.

I enjoyed that Keira had a larger role because I am a fan of hers but it was a little odd. I wished Johnny would have been in it more.

Overall, the movie ends the trilogy well. I am hoping that perhaps it will be like DMC where, after I saw it a few times, I came to enjoy it. And in all honesty, I don't want them to make a fourth one.

I might edit this tomorrow when my brain has calmed and I have some sleep and Starbucks with me. I would give it about a 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

• Sailing Away

I loved it. Confusing, yes, but I'm glad they didn't dumb it down. This is definitley a thinker, which may not appeal to those who view movies as a mindless escape. It was witty, funny, and non stop. Jack's delusions cracked me up, though at times I wished he would have been more sane and manly. As others have mentioned, I loved the black out tribute to the ride. When I heard the sounds clips, I started laughing (then realized that I was the only one in the theater laughing at that moment ). It was still awesome. I will definitely have to see it at least one more time to fit all of the pieces together. Awesome, awesome, awesome! I'm really glad I took the time to see it last night. What a ride!
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• oh bugger

You don't suppose the film was made deliberately confusing so people would have to see it again? I'm not sure I found it confusing, but that makes me wonder cause EVERYONE else I saw it with (about 6 other people) walked away with big question marks over their heads... so maybe I'm just confused and don't even know it. I remember the first two having a lot of tricks and betrayals but the movie was forward about it and you could somewhat tell who was doing what and why at most times.

• I am a Pluto lover

I LOVED this movie!

I didnt find it confusing. I know they jumped back and forth but that was all right.

I was wasnt thrilled with the way they did the story line for Will & Elizabeth
    but I had been right about Davy Jones and Tia D. I did figure them out in Dead Mans Chest.

I will sooo go see this movie again. I will cry again when Elizabeth sees her father. Did anyone else cry? And I will cheer again when they show a topless Jack Sparrow!
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Grim Grinning Ghost

Amazing!

• Yes, it was a lil too long and they could have edited a lil better but I dont believe its enough to hurt the movie as a whole.
    • Barbossa is one badass pirate!!!!!!!!!
    • If you thought Capn' Jack was eccentric before, you have no idea what eccentric is until you see him after he has some time in The Locker.
    • Jack (the monkey one) was hilarious and might be up there now with the likes of Abu from Aladdin.
    • Definitely a much darker movie then the previous, much like Return of the Jedi (or even Revenge of the Sith...... if you want) for Star Wars.
    • The whole World's End scenes were really well done and downright spooky at some parts but the greatest part would have to go to when they first head over the edge and you hear the actual sound clips from the ride (gave me chills!!!)
    All in all I thought it was a great movie, a thrilling movie-going experience, and helped bring a close to an amazing trilogy.

"At World's End" is the definition of a great summer movie classic! But thats just my opinion, so just take it with a grain of salt-

"I Want That Simple Life"

B.F.F.=Brian Fyfe Forever
    4-8-1983 to 4-28-2010

• I'm not really here

This was certainly a much "larger" movie than the first two were. In every way. I really loved this movie and I don't think it was all that confusing. Yes, it was a very steady string of betrayals and backstabbings by pretty much everyone, but we're dealing with a cruel blackhearted "businessman" and the entire pirate world. What did you expect? The plot was still pretty easy to follow but it will take a few more viewings to really get down to the who crosses who and when.

The score was amazing and fit the movie perfectly. I got the soundtrack a few days ago and so many of those songs make much more sense after having seen the scenes they go with.

Each of the characters had some heart-wrenching moments, though I think the most emotional was Elizabeth and her father. That was a truly sad and cruel moment. Tia Dalma's distress over how things were going vs how they were supposed to have gone all those years ago was very well played out. And there are definitely a few moments when you really do feel sorry for Davey Jones. They expose much more of his history in this one and it is a sad story.

The nods to the ride scattered throughout the movie were amazing. The large "blackout" scene with the audio only caught us off guard and we were laughing happily at that. Then we realized that no one else in the theater got it. A good number of Barbosa's lines were straight out of the ride as well and were so perfectly a part of the story. The writers really must be given the credit they deserve for that.

The special effects were beyond amazing. They really upped the ante again with this one. The maelstrom was breathtaking and one of the most incredible action sequences ever filmed.
    Spoiler
    And to pull off a wedding in the middle of that sequence and have it fit without being corny was awesome. I love that Captain Barbosa just starts in on the ceremony likes its any old normal wedding.

I will definitely be going back to see this one in order to take it all in. As with any movie, it has its negative points as well, but I don't really think they add up to much when compared with the good. Though some have found the Jack Sparrow oddness (those who have seen it will know what I'm talking about) to be corny, it fits with what has recently happened to him.
    Spoiler
    Tia Dalma says that Davey Jones locker is a place of endless torment. The worst possible torment that you can bring on yourself. Can you imagine a worse torment for Captain Sparrow than to be stuck on his ship, in the middle of the desert with nothing but a crew of yous? As a recently returned member of the realm of the living, is it any wonder that he experiences the hallucinations throughout the movie?

For me, 4 out of 5 stars. That could go up or down on future viewings, but I feel it will only go up.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Blow me to Bermuda!

Loved it! I will most likely go see it again. (we ended up in the floor seats and I'd like to see it from the stadium seats so I can have better view of the screen.)

There's was always so much going on that I couldn't take my eyes from the screen. Not a big fan of the ride, but loved the black out tribute.

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

• keep moving forward...

i really enjoyed it, much better then two and crosses into being better then one, i still wish i had seen past the end credits though, anyone mind putting it in a spoiler for me?

• I am a Pluto lover

After the credits..

Spoiler
    After the credits, It is 10 years later, its show Elizabeth waiting on the shore with her son, who is singing the pirate song, waiting for William to appear. Which he does.
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• DL Nerd

ok I have no Idea how to put the black spoiler box in my msgs.. so..

***YE BE WARNED, THAR MIGHT BE A FEW SPOILERS AHEAD***

it was a good movie, I wanna watch it again though. I do however think it's the weakest out of the 3.

Spoiler

The Locker part was a bit wierd. with him licking the rock and what not... and I Totally did NOT like Tia Dalma growing into the 100ft woman.

Barbossa was the best part of the movie for me. His lines and the way he acted were top notch. I enjoyed the battle scenes but I think that Sao Feng was underused a bit. Actually now that I think about it.... it would have been better if they didn;t include him at all. I did like that it was darker with more of an epic scale.....

4/5
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 05-25-2007 at 08:24 AM. Reason: added spoiler box

Quote Originally Posted by MellyMouse View Post
    I was wasn't thrilled with the way they did the story line for Will & Elizabeth

I will cry again when Elizabeth sees her father. Did anyone else cry?
    I cried!! I couldn't believe I was crying in a Pirates movie.

And [SPOILER alert, I think] I totally agree with you about the Will & Elizabeth storyline. I was MAD. There are at least two other ways that could have gone and left them to be a swashbuckling pirate couple, but no...... ARRRRRR!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TraceCub View Post
    I'm POed enough that they're doing the 8:00 showing stuff. All the more power to Disney to make an extra buck. I don't care about it in its principle. It's the fact that midnight tickets were already on sale and people, like me, already bought them and then a week later they move the first showing to 8:00.

I'm semi-okay because I've convinced myself more teenie boppers and their hormones will be at the 8:00 showings, and the serious crowd I love and expect will be at midnight.

Anyway, I'm excited. We found a little ice cream shop that has rum ice cream that we're going to indulge in while we sit in line - because a flask is just too risky inside a mall.

I can't wait to vote.

Actually the 8:00 showing had little to know teens besides me and two of my friends there. I saw maybe about 15 teenagers including myself? Very respectable crowd towards the movie. No stupid yelling or anything like that... I was pretty surprised.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Spoiler
    Is Jack's father BlackBeard? I'm not quite sure. Everyone was cheering for him and it would be pretty darn cool if it was!

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 12345671429 ... LastLast